Ch. 39 - Home

GETTING OFF OF THE PLANE, I took a deep breath of relief

GETTING OFF OF THE PLANE, I took a deep breath of relief. I was glad I'm back in West Virginia.

"You ready?" Lisa asked me as I waited for her to get her bag.

"Yeah, lets go home," I told her which made her smile.

We went down the escalator when I saw the boys, Brent, the girls, and Ross standing at the bottom waiting for us.

I smiled, and they ran to us when we were on the floor. They hugged Lisa and I saying stuff,"We miss you. We're glad you made it safe."

"I missed you guys, too," I said, hugging them back.

When we broke apart, Elliot asked,"So did he sign it?"

I nodded,"He did."

They cheered, and Brent wrapped an arm around my shoulders. I laid my head on his shoulder as we walked out of the airport.

"How was the game?" I asked Brent.

"It was good. We won, but it wasn't an easy game," Brent replied. "And it didn't help that my good luck charm wasn't there."

I smiled,"Believe me, I wanted to be there."

We stopped outside where all of the cars were parked. Everybody started to load into three vehicles, and Brent popped the trunk to his car. I placed my suitcases in the trunk.

Then we got into his car, and we drove off towards my house. Since we were in the city, it was a long ride home.

The sun was setting, but it still was cold. Nothing like Florida was, but I wouldn't trade for the world.

When we parked outside my house, I noticed somebody moving from the window. My eyebrows scrunched in confusion, and I looked back at Brent.

"Is somebody here that I don't know about?" I asked Brent when we got out of the car.

He shook his head,"Not that I know of. Why?"

"I just saw somebody in the window," I said as he opened the trunk.

I got my suitcase out of the trunk, and everybody was behind us. They parked their cars, and I was about to ask them, but a familiar voice made me freeze.

"Finally. I was about to send a search party," Bella's voice yelled.

I turned around to see her in jeans and a sweater. Her black hair was in a braid, and she was shocked to see me too.

"I thought you were picking up Lisa," Bella said, looking at Ross.

He nodded,"We did. She's right here with Campbell. They went to Florida to get Campbell's adoption papers signed from her father."

I couldn't tell if Bella was mad or sad. Maybe a mixed of both.

I walked passed her, not making eye contact with her. I walked upstairs to my room, and I put my suitcase on my bed.