Ch. 45 - "I need you."

I HEARD BEEPING and people whispering to each other

I HEARD BEEPING and people whispering to each other. My eyelids felt extremely heavy, and my whole body was in pain.

I forced my eyelids open, and I blinked a couple times because of how bright it was in the room.

Where was I?

I looked around to see medical equipment beside the bed. An IV was in my arm which was over a thin blanket. I looked to my left to see Micheal and Gaberial asleep on the couch.

Mom, Dad, Gavin, and Elliot we're talking in hushed tones in the corner of the room. Nick wasn't in the room. I tired to sit up, but my ribs throbbed. I winced in pain, catching their attention.

"Campbell, how are you feeling?" Mom asked as they rushed to my side.

"My ribs hurt," I said, holding my ribs.

"Okay, we'll go get the doctor," Dad said before leaving the room.

A few moments later, Dad walked back into the room with a female doctor behind him. Her dark brown hair was in a low ponytail, and her dark blue eyes lit up when she saw me awake.

"Hello, Campbell. I'm Dr. Sasha. How are you feeling?" She asked, looking through papers.

"My ribs are hurting," I replied as another wave of pain hit me.

She nodded before looking over at the nurse that walked into the room.

"She needs painkillers, now," Dr. Sasha told the nurse who nodded before leaving the room.

"You have been through a lot the last couple of hours. You have three broken ribs, and two bruised. You also had to have seven stitches in your forehead because of the wound which also caused a concussion," Dr. Sasha informed me.

"What happened?" I asked, making everybody look sad.

"You, um, and the boys got attacked by Malcom," Mom answered, holding my hand.

I was confused until it all hit me. The storm, Malcom with the gun, Winter and Brent getting shot.

My eyes widen,"Where's Brent? Where's Winter?"

Mom licked her lips with watery eyes.

"Winter didn't make it," She said as a tear fell down her cheek.

Tears clouded my vision, and I shook my head.

"No. It wasn't suppose to be her. It was suppose to be me, not her. Malcom was pointing the gun at me," I said, and Elliot gave me a side hug.