Chapter 1: How It All Started

I just recently joined this new guild called "Fairy Tail". Ever since I was a little girl, I would fantasize joining different amazing guilds that I saw on the magazine, "The Weekly Sorcerer".

"There are so many to choose from" so I thought.. But then, something incredible happened that changed both my desicion.. and my life forever.

*Flashback*

I was eight years old. I really wanted to visit my father from his office. So I went to ride a carriage to go there. Then, all of a sudden, without warning, I felt the carriage go *blam* and hear the horses neigh loudly.

I saw the driver out of the vehicle, screaming and shouting "Help! That carriage is out of control! Do something! There's a passenger in there!!

My tears streamed down to my face as I cried, realizing what the whole situation was about. I don't know what to do anymore. I watched hopelessly as I was about to fall off a cliff with my ride when suddenly, someone jumped on the driver's seat and set the horses free so that the carriage would stop moving.

Then, I saw something... something that I would be dream of having. 

a mark of a guild.

*continues flashback*

I saw it! It was like a bird.. or maybe a phoenix.. It was pink (if I remember it correctly). I think that mark belongs to a girl's hand 'cause I heard her throughtout the whole heroic process.

She was kicking and screaming as hard as she could so that she could set the horses free and stop the carriage from moving. I never got to see her face exactly, but I was able to hear her voice after that.

She talked to me saying why am I in the carriage travelling.. all alone. I just said, "I want to visit my dad". She again told me that when she was little, she also used to visit her dad in his office but she was not able to talk to him because he was always too busy.

After that, I heard all the people near the village, and the staff of my house (You can say that I'm quite rich), screaming. They sounded worried. But I need to see the face of my heroine first before doing anything else, but right after I went down the carriage, she left.

"Are you okay, Miss Lucy?" they asked.

"Yes, I'm fine," I replied back. I noticed the the carriage stopped on a cliff, so I was able to see a great view of the city.

It was majestic! Then suddenly, I saw it! The mark I saw on the girl. It was on top of a building. Kind of old looking, but I feel a huge amount of magic emitting from it.

"Spetto-san, what is that?" I asked Ms. Spetto, one of our ever loyal staff in the house.

"Oh Miss Lucy, that is Fairy Tail -- One of the magical guilds we have here in Magnolia City." she exclaimed.

"Ahhhh.. Fairy Tail." My eyes shone like the stars in the sky as I said those words...

-End of Chapter 1-

Note: As some of you may have noticed, I used the story in the Fairy Tail OVA 3 (title: Memory Days) for this chapter. So if you want to find out about that OVA, go watch it for yourselves.. ^_^

*All rights reserved: Hiro Mashima-sensei, the creator of Fairy Tail.*