The Hybrid

"You ok? Is Ray getting heavy?" Klaus asks Stefan who is carrying a newly transitioning Ray. I'm on Klaus' back because I didn't want to walk anymore. Curse my human legs.
   "I'm fine." Stefan tells him.
  "You sure about that? You know, we've been walking for quite some time now. If you need some water or a little sit- down..." Klaus tells him.
  "You know, I get that we're, uh- we're stuck together Klaus, but if we could maybe just skip the chit chat, it'd be great." Stefan tells him.
   "Hey, he's just being nice Stef." I tell him.
   "So much brooding. Your self loathing is suffocating you, my friend." Klaus tells him and I hit him on the shoulder and he pretends to drop me. 'mean'  I whisper to him and he smiles.
   "Maybe it's 'cause I'm a little tired of hunting werewolves. We've been at it all summer." Stefan tells him.
   "Thanks to our pal Ray,  we found ourselves a pack. There." He says as we walk into a little campground of a whole bunch of people.
Stefan walks in and drops Ray on the ground and a girl runs over to him.
   "Who are you?" She asks Stefan and Klaus walks up and I jump off of his back.
   "The important question is who am I. Please forgive the intrusion. My name is Klaus." Klaus comes in saying.
   "You're the hybrid." She says.
   "You've heard of me. That's fantastic." He says with a smirk and I roll my eyes. "It's fascinating actually. A werewolf who isn't beholden to the moon, a vampire who doesn't burn in the sun. A true hybrid. Excellent timing Ray. Very dramatic." He says to the pack as Ray wakes up.
   "What's happening to me?" Ray asks as he stands up. I'm leaning on a tree while Klaus and Stefan sit on a log.
    "Stefan." Klaus motion for him to talk.
    "Are any of you human? Your friend here, he needs human blood to complete his transition to vampire. If he doesn't get it, he will die." Stefan tells them.
   "What about her? She's human." Someone says pointing at me.
   "She's off limits. If anyone touches her, they shall die." Klaus says running in front of me.  
   "There, there." I say patting his back. "I'm sure the nice werewolf didn't mean anything by it." I tell him.
    "Doesn't take much, just a sample. Anyone? A boyfriend, a girlfriend along for the ride?" Klaus asks looking around. "You." He says looking at a guy and runs over to him and bites him. I turn away.
   "If you don't drink it Ray, I will. Problem is, I don't know how to stop." Stefan tells him.
   "It's the new order, sweetheart. You join us, or you die." Klaus says holding a girl who went to save the boy.
   "I'd rather die than be a vampire." She says.
  "Wrong choice." He says and feeds her his blood.  Ray feeds and then Klaus kills the girl.
  "She'll thank me for that later. Ok, who's next?" He asks and I start to walk back down the path a little away from the camp. I couldn't just watch him kill all those people. Werewolves or not.
I'm sitting on a rock looking out at the view when I hear talking. I move and hide behind a tree. I look around it to see Elena, Damon and my dad. I gasp and I go to turn around and I step a a twig.
    "Wait, guys, I heard something." I hear Damon say I go to move when he runs over and pins me against the tree.
    "Get off of me." I tell him and he does. "Are you stupid? Bringing Elena right to Klaus! He'll kill her." I whisper shout and Elena and my dad come over to us.
    "I hear you and Klaus are close these days." Damon says.
    "Shut up, my life is none of your business." I tell him.
    "Phoebe." My dad says and comes over to me and pulls me in for a hug. I return it and I stand there for a second and take in the familiarity of it.
"Dad. I've missed you." I tell him as we pull away.
"Then come home." He says.
"I can't. He won't just leave me. And Elena is there and I need to keep her safe." I tell him, part of it was true. That is why I left with Klaus in the beginning. But now.. Now I want to stay.
"And what about your safety?" He asks.
"I'm safe with Klaus. He would never hurt me. And I've stopped him from harming up to about half of everyone we've come across." I tell him.
"Are you sure it's not just because you want to stay?" Damon asks me.
"Shut up Damon." I say and turn back to my sister and give her a quick hug. "I have to get back and you guys need to get out of here." I say and turn to walk away.
"I can't let you do that." Damon says and puts his hand on my shoulder. I turn and punch him in the face. He pins me up against a tree and then I knew him in the balls.
"Yeah, I've kept up on my training and even that place is a bit sensitive to 100 year old vampires." I say to him. "You don't have a choice in this. You are supposed to protect Elena and bringing her out her to be killed, not part of the plan Damon." I tell him and then look back at my dad and sister. "It was nice seeing you. But I really should be getting back." I tell them and walk away while Damon is still down.
It starts to get dark soon so I make my way back to the camp ground. When I get back I'm pinned up against a tree by a girl and there's blood running out of her eyes and nose. I try to get loose but she doesn't budge. Veins appear under her eyes and she bites into my neck. She keeps drinking my blood and I can feel my self about to pass out. Then she's ripped off of me and I fall to the ground. I see Klaus standing over me and I see him looking at me frantically and he looks worried. He bites into his wrist and then brings it to my mouth. I close my mouth to stop him.
"Come on, love. You meed to drink it." He tells me and I shake my head.
"I don't... want.. I don't want.. to be.." I start and he shakes his head.
"I promise I won't let so much as someone take a hair off of your head after you drink its. But if you don't... you'll die." He says and I can tell he's close to tears so I nod my head and he re-bites his wrist and I drink some of his blood. After a second I move his wrist away and he looks towards my neck and he sighs in relief. Then he pulls my head onto his lap and he brushes my hair back and I fall asleep.

I wake up to someone picking me up. I look up
to see Nik and smile at him. I groan at how my head hurts.
"I can walk, Nik." I tell him and struggle in his arms.
"Oh, bloody hell. Not this again. You almost died, love. Let me carry you." He says and continues to carry me bridal style.
"Fine, you've convinced me. But you better not drop me. Because I know I can't actually kick your ass but I can sure as hell try." I tell him with a smile and lay my head back on his chest and he laughs and smiles down at me. And I can't help but love the image.
"I'm sure you would, darling."
"Thanks for saving me." I tell him.
"Of course." He says. "Now go to sleep." he says and I smile and nod.