Break On Through

"What are you looking for?" Elena asks Meredith as my dad sits in a CT scan.
"I don't know. A tumor, vascular anomalies. Anything physical that might explain his behavior. If it's medical, I can treat it." She tells Elena and I.
"What if it's not medical?" I ask her with a frown on my face.
"Well... then we'll deal with that, too." She tells me and my phone starts ringing again. I pull it out of my back pocket and see Klaus' face on the screen. I press the decline button and look up through the window into the CT room. When my phone starts ringing again, Elena nudges me.
"Just answer it, he's not going to stop calling." She tells me and I sigh and nod. I walk out into the hallway as I answer my phone.
"Where the bloody hell are you?" I hear Klaus's voice come in over the phone.
"I-I can't talk now Klaus." I tell him and hear him sigh.
"Are you okay? Where have you been?" I hear him ask.
"I really can't talk. Bye." I say and hang up. I turn my phone off and put it back into my pocket. I take in a deep breathe and run a hand through my hair before going back inside the room.

"Meredith says that everything is normal." Elena comes into the hospital room telling my dad and I. I'm sitting in the chair while my dad is pacing back and forth in front of me.
"Well, everything is normal. Because there is nothing wrong with me. I didn't kill Brian Walters, I didn't kill Bill Forbes, and I sure as hell didn't shove a hunting knife into my stomach." Dad tells Elena and she sighs as I stand up from the chair. "Or I did, and I've gone insane, just like your ancestor, who... wore that ring." He says as he picks his ring up off the desk and sets it back down.
"Look, I'm going to call Bonnie. The rings were made by a Bennett witch. Maybe a witch can reverse the damage." Elena tells him and I nod with her.
"Call Jo, too. Maybe she can help Bon." I tell Elena and she nods.
"Take it. I don't want it anymore." Dad tells Elena as he slides the ring her way.
"Dad..." I start but he gives me a look and I nod and look down.
"Ready to ditch this house of horrors?" Damon asks from the doorway. "Oof. You look terrible." Damon says and looks at me. "What's mini Ric doing here?" He asks.
"It's my dad. What are you doing here?"
I ask him.
"My best friend."
"I win." I tell him and walk out of the room and towards the desk to check out my dad. A few minutes later he joins me in the seat next to mine as I sign some papers.
"I can do those." He tells me and goes to take them.
"That's okay. I got it."
"Hey, don't worry about me. I'm go na be fine." He tells me and rubs his hand up and down my back.
"I know." I say as I sign another paper.
"Hey, what's going on inside my amazingly wonderful daughters mind?" He asks me.
"What's going inside your amazingly wonderful daughters mind is that she should have been there for you. Instead she was with her boyfriend who everyone hates." I tell him with a sigh as I sign the last paper.
"This, this is not your fault." He tells me turning me to face him.
"Maybe not, but if I was around more, maybe I would have noticed something was wrong. I mean, Meredith did, she's your girlfriend. I'm your daughter, I should have realized." I tell him and look down.
"This, is not your fault. Not at all your fault." He tells me and pulls me into a hug.

"Rebekah's up to something. She's been snooping around in places she shouldn't be." Damon says as we walk up to the construction site of the 'new' wickery bridge.
"Tell me again, why are we here?" Dad asks Damon, again.
"Ric, the world can't stop just because you're an accidental psycho killer." Damon tells him and I roll my eyes at him and hit his arm.
"Do you have any tact whatsoever?" Meredith asks him.
"No, he doesn't." I tell her from in between my dad and Damon.
"Alaric, I'm glad you're here. Did you bring the sign?" Mrs. Lockwood asks my dad when she sees us. "The restored wickery bridge sign. The history department promised me you would have it today." She tells him when he looks confused.
"No, I don't have the sign, actually. It slipped-- slipped my mind. I've been... busy." He tells her.
"Well, it's not an emergency. We'll just, um, unveil it when the bridge is complete." She tells him and then walks away.
"Get me out of here." My dad tells us.
"My pleasure." Meredith says with a smile.
"I'm gonna stick around for a bit." Damon tells us staring at a women across the bridge.
"Who is that?" Dad asks.
"Blast from the past." He says and starts to walk away.
"$100 says he's slept with her." I say and my dad nods in agreement.
All of a sudden I'm in the middle of the woods. I look around until I see Klaus leaning against a tree.
"How did you- How did you know where I was?" I ask him confused.
"My sister does come in handy for a few things." He says with a smirk.
"She called you." I say and pull out my phone turning it on.
"Well she wouldn't have had to if you had answered yours." He tells me and I dial my dad's number.
"Hey dad." I say when he answers.
"Are you okay? Where are you?" He asks me.
"I'm fine, dad. Just go back to the house I'll meet you there." I tell him.
"Are you sure you're okay? Is this Klaus?" He asks me.
"Yeah, dad, I'm fine. I'll see you back at the house. Love you, bye." I say hanging up. I put my phone back into my pocket and turn back to Nik. "Now what do you want?" I ask him and suddenly he's in front of me.
"I'd like yo know why you're avoiding me." He tells me and I sigh.
"I'm not avoiding you. I've just been busy." I tell him.
"With what?" He asks me.
"Important things." I tell him and he sighs.
"We're in a relationship, correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't that mean we're supposed to tell each other stuff?" He asks and I sigh.
"You're right, I'm sorry, I am. My dad is just going through something." I tell him. "And I haven't been with him lately, because I've been..."
"With me." He finishes and looks at me for conformation.
   "Yeah, I've been with you. And he needs me right now, and Elena and I are finally good again." I tell him and he nods. "Listen," I start taking his hands in mine. "I love you. I love you so much. But, it's my dad, and I really need to help him right now. How about I call you later? Okay? Just give me time to help fix my dad." I say to him and he pulls me in for a kiss.
   "I love you, too." He says and then starts to walk away. "I'll be waiting by the phone." He calls over his shoulder and I just smile and turn to walk in the other direction towards my house before I stop.
   "Hey!" I call at Nik and he turns to me. "How about a lift?" I ask and he smirks and in a few seconds I'm in his arms outside my house. "Thank you. Good night." I say before walking up the driveway. I walk through the house towards the kitchen where I find Meredith and my dad.
   "Hey sweetheart." My dad says looking through papers.
   "Anything I can help with?" I ask him and he smiles and nods towards the chair next to him. I sit down and start going through papers.