The End of the Affair

"Welcome back to Chicago, Stefan." Klaus says as we all crawl out of the car. I stumble getting out of the car and Klaus runs to my side. "Are you okay?" He asks me and I look at him like he's dumb.
"Yes, I'm fine. My diagnosis is that my leg is asleep because of our long car ride that a jerk, aka you, wouldn't let us stop more than once." I tell him and he gives me a look. "I'm fine. Promise." I tell him and he nods.
"What are we doing here?" Stefan asks him.
"I know how much you loved it here. Bringing back memories of the good old ripper days." Klaus says.
"Blacked out most of them. A lot of blood, a lot of partying. Details are all a blur." Stefan tells us.
"Well, that's a crying shame. The details are what makes it legend. Word was the ripper of Monterrey got lonely, so he escaped to the city for comfort. It was prohibition. Everything was of limits then, which made everything so much fun. Chicago was magical." Klaus says.
"Yeah, well, I'll take your word for it. Like I said, I don't remember most of it." Stefan says walking away.
"Let's get down to business, then?" Klaus says.
"Why are we still with you? We had our fun, your hybrids failed. I mean, don't you want to move on?" Stefan asks.
   "We're going to see my favorite witch. if anyone can help us with our hybrid problem, it's her." He says and then turns to me. "And our favor, she's the one who can help." He says and I know he's talking about the memories.
   "Great, let's go." I say and get into the car. I have to sit in the middle because Klaus and Stefan want window seats and I'm smaller than both of them. They both get in and the driver starts to drive off.
   "Why don't you want the memories?" Klaus whispers in my ear.
   "I never said I didn't." I say and look forward.
   "Oh, come on. Don't be like that. Just tell me why." He says and turns my face to look at him.
   "What if I'm not me anymore?" I whisper. "I mean, what if I'm not the same and I act different and stuff." I say.
   "That's not how it works. It doesn't change you. It just gives you your old memories." He tells me.
   "Oh, really? How do you know that? Have you ever done a spell to retrieve someone's memories? And why does it matter if I have to memories? I mean you've already told me that I am the same as Naomi." I ask him in a whisper tone.
   "Because, you would have liked me back then. You did like me. Before I was a vampire." He tells me.
   "You're not so bad now." I tell him and he smiles at me and the car comes to a stop. Stefan gets out and before Klaus gets out I grab his hand and he turns to look at me. I kiss him, it's short and it's sweet. And when it's over I get out of the car and follow after Stefan. We walk into a bar.
   "Looks familiar, doesn't it?" Klaus asks Stefan.
   "I can't believe this place is still here." Stefan says.
   "You got to be kidding me." A lady says walking towards us.
   "So a hybrid walks into a bar, says to the bartender--" Klaus starts and I slap him on the chest and he smiles at me.
   "Stop. You may be invincible, but that doesn't make you funny. I remember you." She says to him and he smiles again.
   "Yeah. You're Gloria. Shouldn't you be--" Stefan starts and she cuts him off.
   "Old and dead? Now if I die, who's going to run this place, huh?" She asks.
   "Gloria's a very powerful witch." Klaus explains.
   "I can slow the aging down some. Herbs and spells. Don't worry, it'll catch up to me one day." She says.
  "Stefan, why don't you go and fix us up a little something behind the bar." Klaus tells him.
   "Yeah, sure thing." He says and I go to follow him to the bar. But, Klaus grabs my hand and signals with his eyes for me to stay, so I do.
    "You look ravishing by the way." Klaus tells Gloria.
  "Don't. I know why you're here. A hybrid out to make more hybrids? That kind of news travels." She tells him and we all sit down.
   "So what am I doing wrong? I broke the curse." Klaus tells her.
   "Obviously you did something wrong. Look, every spell has a loophole, but a curse that old... We'd have to contact the witch who created it." Gloria says.
   "Well, that would be the original witch. She's very dead." Klaus says.
   "I know. and for me to contact her, I'll need help. Bring me Rebekah. " Gloria says.
   "Rebekah. Rebekah is a bit preoccupied." He says.
   "She has what I need. Bring her to me." She says.
   "What is this?" Stefan asks holding a picture.
   "Well, I told you Stefan. Chicago's a magical place." Klaus tells him standing up.
   "But this is me. With you." He says showing the picture and I stand up.
   "This doesn't make any sense. Why don't I remember you?" Stefan asks as we walk out of the bar.
   "You said it yourself, that time had a lot of dark holes." Klaus says.
   "No, if you knew me, then why haven't you said anything?" Stefan asks.
  "I'm a little busy right now, memory lane will have to wait." Klaus tells him.
   "What the hell is going on?" Stefan asks stopping Klaus from walking and I can finally catch up. "Answer me."
   "Let's just say we didn't get off to a brilliant start. To be honest, I hated you." Klaus says and explains how Stefan was seeing his sister.
   "Your sister? So I knew another original vampire." Stefan says.
   "If you can't handle it then don't ask." Klaus says walking away again and I run to catch up to him. We walk up to a coffin and he opens it to reveal a girl with blonde hair and a dagger in her heart.
   "I don't recognize her." Stefan says from behind me.
   "Don't tell her that. Rebekah's temper is worse than mine. Time to wake up, little sister." He says and pulls the dagger out of her. "Any day now Rebekah. She's being dramatic." Klaus says.
  "I would too if I was stabbed with a dagger." I say and Klaus looks at me. "I'm just saying."
   "Look, why don't you just tell me, what the hell is going on? I mean, you obviously want me here for a reason, right?" Stefan asks him.
   "Well, you have many useful talents. In fact I learned some of my favorite tricks from you." Klaus tells him. He goes on to tell us how Stefan made a guy drink his wife's blood.
   "I was your number one fan." Klaus says as we walk through a warehouse.
   "That's horrible." I say as I stare in between them.
   "Why should I believe any of this?" Stefan asks ignoring me.
   "When she wakes up, tell her to meet us at Gloria's bar then volunteer your carotid artery and let her feed until you die." Klaus compels the security guard. I slap his arm and he looks at me and shrugs.
   "Where are you going?" Stefan asks him.
   "You think I'm lying Stefan. You and I knew each other. You trusted me with one of your secrets and now I'm going to prove it to you." Klaus tells him.
   "How?" Stefan asks him.
   "We're going to your old apartment." Klaus says and I try to walk faster to keep up with them.
   "What a charming little homestead." Klaus says as we walk up to the door. The handle is broken off of it. He swings open the door.
   "Do you feel that? Is anyone here?" He asks Stefan.
   "It's been vacant for decades. People must break in all the time." Stefan tells him. "Why'd you bring me here?" Stefan asks.
   "Your friend, Liam Grant, the one who drank his wife's blood--" He starts. 
   "Disgusting." I say and shudder and he gives me a look. "What? It is." I tell him.
   "I never could figure out why you wanted his name. And then you told me your little secret. It was all part of your special little ritual." He says.
   "To write it down." Stefan says.
   "And relive the kill... over and over again." Klaus adds. 
   "I'll wait outside." I tell them and walk out the door. They come back out a few minutes later snd we make our way back to the bar.
"Where's Rebekah?" Gloria asks.
"She'll be here. I can't just conjure her on demand." Klaus says.
"Can I get 3 shots of tequila?" I ask her before she walks away and she nods.
"What's with you? I thought Chicago was your playground?" Klaus asks Stefan.
"So this is why you asked me yo be your wingman? Because you liked the way that I tortured innocent people?" Stefan asks and Gloria comes back with my shots.
"Thank you." I say and down one. Klaus and Stefan start to talk more and I down the other two. Gloria comes back around and fills them up. "Just leave the bottle, please?" I ask and she looks between the boys and me and sets it down. Stefan leaves and Klaus turns to me.
"So, love, have you been having fun?" He asks me.
"You mean with my dead sister's boyfriends and my... you?" I ask him.
"Yep, so I've been meaning to ask you all day about that kiss earlier." He says and I take another shot.
"What about it?" I ask him.
"What does it mean?" He asks.
"Does it have to mean something?" I ask him.
"You are the love of my life. I would like it to mean something." He tells me.
"I don't love you. But that's partially because I don't know you. I like you. I know I shouldn't. But I do." I tell him and turn and take another shot. Damon sits down next to Klaus.
"Sorry, am I interrupting something between you two lovebirds?" He asks.
"I see they've opened the doors to the riff raff now." Klaus says.
"Oh, honey, I've been called worse." Damon says.
"You don't give up do you?" Klaus asks him.
"Give me them back... and you'll never have to see me again." Damon says.
"Well, I am torn. You see, I promised Stefan I wouldn't let you die, but how many freebies did I really sign up for? And clearly you wnat to die, otherwise you wouldn't be here so.." He asks and I stand up and in between them.
"What can I say? I'm a thrill seeker." He says and Nik grabs his throat.
"Ok, Nik, stop. Please, don't kill him." I say looking at him. "Damon, you beed to leave. We don't want to be saved." I tell him. "You're just gonna get yourself killed." I tell him and Klaus stands up, still holding Damon.
"What was that? I'm a little boozy, so you'll have to forgive me if I miss your heart the first few times." Klaus says and stabs him in the stomach with a tiny umbrella. "Oh, almost." He says as he stabs him again.
"Klaus, please. Stop." I plead with him.
"You want a partner in crime. Forget Stefan. I'm so much more fun." Damon says and Klaus throws him across the bar.
"Thank you." I tell him and he nods and walks over to Damon.
"You don't have to negotiate your brother's freedom. When I'm done with him, he won't want to go back." Klaus tells him and we walk out of the bar. We make our way to the warehouse where Rebekah is. When we get there her coffin is empty.
"Rebakah.. It's your big brother. Come out, come out, where ever you are." He says and suddenly he's stabbed and pushed up against the coffin.
"Go to hell, Nik!" She yells at him and he just pulls out the dagger.
"Don't pout. You knew it wouldn't kill me." He says.
"Yeah, but I was hoping it would hurt more." She says and turns around snd sees me. "Naomi." She says and comes over to hug me.
I sort of hug her back.
"Sort of. I'm not really Naomi. I mean, I am, I just don't have her memories and my name is Phoebe." I tell her.
"I understand your mad at me. So I'll let that go. Just this once. I brought you a little peace offering. You can come in." He says to Stefan and he walks in. Klaus walks over to him and compels him to remember again.
"Rebekah." He says and starts to walk over to us.
"Stefan.." Klaus says from behind him.
"I remember you. We were friends." Stefan says.
"We are friends." He corrects him.
"And now the reason you're here. Gloria tells me you know how to contact the original witch. What do you have that Gloria needs?" He asks her and she reaches for her neck.
"Where's my necklace? What did you do with it? I never take it off! We need to find it Nik. Now, I want it back." She says.
"Tell me that's not what she needs, Rebekah." He yells at her and she turns and checks her coffin and flips it over when she can't find it.