Smells Like Teen Spirit

I wake up and get dressed for my first day if junior year. I put on black shorts and  red long sleeve shirt. I go downstairs and see Elena in the kitchen and I get some food.
    "Are you ready for junior year?" She asks me.
   "It'll be the same as last year." I say and she just sighs. "What Elena? Do you expect me to just pretend like nothing has happened? It happened and I'm sorry I can't pretend like you." I say and then look at the clock. "I'm just going to walk to school." I tell her and grab my bag and walk out the door. On my way to school I end up thinking about the summer and Klaus. I pull out my phone and dial his number.
    "Hey, it's me again. I'm sorry that I kept the fact that Elena was alive from you. But it worked out in the end right? I know, it's not the point." I say with a sigh. "I didn't mean to betray you. And I know you're probably thinking that this whole summer was fake but it wasn't. Just... come back Nik. I miss you." I say and hang up. I make my way to school and due to my phone call I'm late. I walk into school and make my way to my locker. I walk down a hall and see Stefan holding my dad up against a locker and Elena standing bear by. I run over to them and try to pull Stefan off.
   "Let go, Stefan." I tell him and he looks over at me. He then pins me to the locker. "Please, I'm gonna take a guess and day that Elena here is not the only one Klaus told you to protect."I say and he sighs.
   "Klaus said I can't hurt you." He tells me.
   "Yeah, well you're really hurting my neck." I tell him and he immediately let's go. My dad pulls me over to him and I tell him I'm ok.
   "I will see you all in history." He tells us and walks away.

   "What the hell is he doing here?!" My dad asks as we stand in his classroom.
   "Klaus compelled him to watch over me. And I guess Phoebe." She says. "Apparently now I'm one of Klaus's assets now that my blood is the only way he can create a hybrid." Elena says.
    "Now he's a bodyguard?" My dad asks.
   "I don't know what he is. But he's definitely not Stefan. Look, his being here is not good for nay of us. We have to do something." She tells him and the bell rings.
   "Ok, I need to get to class." I tell them and walk out if the room and to my class.

After school we have cheer practice and I figure that I mine as well.
   "Has anyone seen Dana?" A girl asks while we stretch and I look down. I know she's dead but no one other than Caroline knows that here.
  "It sounds like you have an opening on the squad." Rebekah says from behind me.
   "Rebekah..." I turn around to see her and she smiles at me.
   "What are you doing?" Caroline asks. "Hey. Hey. You can't just come here and infuriate all our lives." Caroline tells her.
   "I'm only interested in yours. Your spunk, your popularity. Maybe even your boyfriend." She tells her and then we go back to stretching.
Rebekah lines up to do some tumbling.
   "Hey check out the new girl."
   "Come on Rebekah, you've got this." Someone cheers and she does an Ariel front walkover into the splits. Then everyone crowds around her and they start talking to her. I walk off and grab my stuff. I make my way back to the apartment and take up residence in my room there until the bonfire. No one comes around here anymore so it's a nice hang out to be alone.

    "I'll lure Stefan away from the bonfire. Then when he's distracted--"
    "I'll shoot him." My dad finishes for Elena.
    "Can't Bonnie just Ju-ju him, or something?" Damon asks.
   "I'm trying to keep bonnie out of this. I don't trust that Stefan won't hurt her. Caroline? Are you covered?" Elena asks her.
   "Yes, I will make sure that the old Forbes jail cell is prepped and ready." She says.
   "We're forgetting a key player here. Rebekah. Where ever Stefan goes the blonde ponytail tends to follow." Damon adds.
   "I got her." I say as Elena says," Which is why it id your job to keep her away."
  "Please, she'll see right through him. Let me talk to her and keep her busy." I say.
   "I don't know..." Dad starts.
   "I'll be fine. She won't hurt me and I have a reason to talk to her." I say and they all look at each other.
   "Sorry I'm late. What's going on?" Tyler asks walking in.
   "We need you to raid your mom's vervain supply. Enough to keep Stefan down for awhile." Elena tells him.
   "You can't do that to Stefan." He tells us.
   "Why not?" Caroline asks him confused.
   "Trust me Tyler, it's in his best interest." Elena says.
   "It's not in Klaus's." He tells us.
   "But, Klaus is the bad guy, Tyler." Caroline starts and I look down. "You know, why are you acting like some freaky, hybrid, slave minion." She says.
   "Klaus made me who I am, Caroline. I owe him everything." Tyler tells us.  
   "Oh, boy." Damon says.
   "Ok, can we cool it on the commentary, please." Caroline says.
   "What is going on?" Elena asks.
   "I'm just gonna go." Tyler says but stops him with a vervain dart.
   "Oh, my god." Caroline says running to him.
   "He's been sired. Sired. He feels loyal to Klaus because Klaus's blood created him." Damon explains.
   "Loyal how?" Elena asks.
  "He'll seek acceptance from his master. It's really rare. But, maybe not so much in hybrids." Damon says.
   "How do I fix him?" Caroline asks.
   "Get a new boyfriend." He tells her.
We all go out into the bonfire and I see Rebekah sitting at a fire. I make my way over to her.
   "Well this is sad. What happened to all the friends you made today?" I ask her with a smile.
   "Not really friends. Just girls who want to follow me around. What do want?" She asks me.
   "I wanted to know if you know where Klaus is?" I ask her and she looks surprised.
   "Why do you care?" She asks me.
   "Because I care about him. It was real with me. None of it was fake. I just kept one lousy secret." I tell her.
   "I'm sorry, I don't know where he is. But he'll be back sooner or later. Elena is here and he's the most important to him." She tells me and she gets up and walks away and I sit there in defeat. I get up grab another beer just keep them coming as I talk to random people. I fill up my cup and start to walk home. On my way home I call Nik, again.
"Heyyy. It's Phoebe... again. I think this us like my 20th voicemail. Please, call me. I miss you, you get me. Ya know, I never thought a person could get another person. Until I met you. Yes, I have had a few drinks, but I'm totally ok. But.. I'll be more ok, if you would call me." I say and then I hang up and when I arrive at the apartment I stumble with the key until it finally unlocks it. I lock the door behind me and head to my room. I don't even change I just fall on my bed and lay there, thinking of Klaus.