The Murder of One

I walk up the stairs to my loft with a cup of coffee and a bag of muffins in hand. I pull out my keys to unlock the door when the door swings open and Damon is there.
   "Morning, sunshine." He greets me.
   "Hi. How's my dad?" I ask trying to walk inside but he stops me.
   "Indecent, but fine." He tells me and I try to go in again, being stopped, again.
   "Good. So nothing went wrong last night?" I ask him.
   "Nope. Slept like a baby. Woke up Alaric. No headlines about dead council members." He tells me.
  "Great, does that mean I can finally see him. You're here so he can't worry about hurting me." I tell him and try to enter when he denies me again.
   "That's a no can do, stop being control freaky. What'd you bring me?" He asks taking the bag from me and sniffing it. "Oh. Chocolate muffins. You know what they say-- the way to a psycho killer's heart is through his stomach." He says with a smirk.
   "You would know, considering you're the only psycho killer here. My dad is not the one who killed those people. It's the magical alter ego who did." I tell him taking back the bag.
   "Fine. But sadly, Ric is going to have to pass on daddy-daughter time, considering he doesn't want to see you." He tells me and I frown and narrow my eyes at him.
   "You don't have to be an ass. Just take it, give it to him and tell him just because his alter ego is killing people doesn't excuse him from being a dad. Then, tell him I love him and miss him, ok?" I tell him and he takes the bag and starts to close the door.
   "Have a great day." He says before it shuts in my face.
   "Asshole." I mutter before walking down the stairs and out the front door towards my car.

I sit at the bar in the grill alone with a plate of fries. Everyone has been ignoring me and so now I'm here. I look around the bar for someone that I know. Matt is busing tables, Stefan is drinking, then I see Finn and some girl at a table and I make my way over to them.
   "Finn, hey." I greet him with a smile.
   "Naomi." He sighs and smiles at me. He gets up from the table and hugs me.
   "Well, it's Phoebe now, but yeah." I say and sit next to him across from the girl. "I thought you had left town?" I ask him confused and he laughs drily.
   "I'm back at my brother's request, or more his force. And Sage here, I'm back for her." He tells me and I smile at her.
    "Hi, I'm Phoebe, an Old friend." I say with hand out and she takes it.
   "Human. How do you know Finn?" She asks me.
   "Well, I am with her brother, Nik. And it's a long story but I knew him when he was human." I tell her and she nods. "Well I should actually get going. I have some stuff to do, but it was nice seeing you again, Finn. I've missed you." I tell him and he smiles at me.
   "Likewise Naomi." He tells me and I get up and leave the grill. When I get outside I walk towards my car and sit in the drivers seat as I call Nik. It goes to voicemail.
   "Hey, Nik. It's me. Well you know that. I just haven't seen you in a few days. I know that's my fault but I was wondering if we could meet up. I miss you and I can explain everything from the past few days. Just call me back. Bye." I say and hang up the phone. I roll down my windows and I'm about to pull out if my parking spot when I hear sobbing. I get out of my car and go to the stairs by the grill and see Finn's dead body there and Sage sobbing beside him. I race down and look between them and Finn burst into flames.
    "Nik..." I say and run up the stairs and to my car. I get into my car and turn the ignition. I pull out of my spot and speed down the road towards Nik's mansion. When I get there I have tears streaming down my face and I get out of my car not caring where it's parked. I go to the front door and start pounding on it with tears running down my face. The door opens moments later to reveal a very alive Nik. "Oh my god." I say throwing my arms around him. "I thought you were dead." I say into his neck.
   "How could I possibly be dead, love?" He asks me.
   "You guys are connected. Finn... He's dead." I say as I pull away. His face frowns before he looks okay again.
    "Well, I had a witch unlink us. I'm not dying anytime soon." He tells me and I smile and throw my arms around him.
   "If your not busy, we should go up to your room." I tell him kissing him.
   "I'm not busy." He tells me and I smile as he lifts me up and I wrap my legs around his waist. "I love you." I say in between kisses.
   "I love you, too, love."