The Departed

I wake up and am greeted by Tyler's face.
"Hey." I say as I roll onto my back and stare up a my ceiling.
"Hi. You slept through everything. Elena fainted, your brother took her to the hospital." He tells me snd I sit up super fast.
"Is she okay?!" I ask him.
"She's fine. She's back home now." He tells me and grabs my arms with his hands.
"Thank god." I say with a sigh and lean back against my headboard with my eyes closed.
"How are you doing?" He asks me and I give him a look. "Right. Stupid question. I just wanted to check in on you before I have to leave. My mom called and said it was an emergency." He tells me with a sigh.
"Then go, I'll be okay, I promise. You guys just need to give me time. I know you all thought he was horrible, but I loved him. More than I think I've ever loved anyone." I tell him and he nods.
"I'll call to check in later. Head downstairs, Jer went out to get some dinner." He tells me and I nod as he leaves my room. I head to my closet and change into some yoga pants and a oversize sweater. I freshen up in the bathroom and plug my phone in before heading downstairs.
"Hey, I heard that Jer was getting food. I'm star-... ving." I say as I see Elijah at the front door. "Lijah." I say with a smile and rush down the stairs to hug him. "It's been too long." I say into his chest.
"It has. I'm sorry to heard about your dad." He tells me.
"Thank you." I say and pull away and we all head into the kitchen to figure out what he's doing here.
"All we need is to take that stake away from him. Once he's been disarmed, the weapon's in my possession, my family will scatter to the ends of the earth. And Alaric will follow us." Elijah explains.
"And you'll just... run." Stefan says in disbelief and sits down next to Elena.
"We've done it before. Klaus and Rebekah spent the better part of a thousand years evading my father. What's another half century while Elena's able to live out the rest if her natural life?" Elijah asks us.
"We finally stopped him, Elijah. After everything that he's done to us, I can't just let you bring him back." Elena tells him and I look down at my hands on the table.
"I give you my word, Elena, I will not revive Klaus within yours, nor even within your children's lifetimes. Perhaps it'll finally teach him some manners." Elijah says and I let out a small laugh at the last comment.
"Whys should she trust you? All you've done is screw her over." Matt adds in.
"And for that I'm deeply ashamed. But know this-- she could have been dead the instant I walked through that door tonight. So, Elena, I leave it to you to make the decision whether to trust me or not." Elijah tells her.
"Not! Hello! Did that concussion give you brain damage? His lunatic siblings will kill you the first chance they get!" Damon says through the phone. I go to press the end call when Elena slaps my hand away.
"Rebekah and Kol will honor the terms if you return Klaus' body to us... Elena will come to no harm. Do we have a deal?" Elijah asks.
"No! No, No, No, No. Did I mention, No!" Damon says and I turn to Elena ignoring him.
"I say we take the deal." I say to her.
"Elena it's up to you." Stefan tells her.
"Why do you want Klaus' body?" Elena asks him.
"He's my brother. We remain together." Elijah says and I whisper so quiet only he hears me.
"Always and forever."
"We have a deal." Elena tells him.

"Rebekah will go pick up Klaus' body." Elijah tells us.
"Have her take me, too. I want to see him." I tell them.
"Phoebe, no." She tells me.
"You guys all made the decision to desiccate my boyfriend, then you decided he gets to be handed over to his family where I will never spend another day with the man that I love again. This. This is my decision." I tell her and turn to Elijah. "Tell her to come get me." I say and he nods.

After Rebekah gets me we go to the storage unit to meet up with Damon.
"Damon?! Damon where are you?" Rebekah yells.
"Come on, Damon. Elena agreed to the deal. Give us back my boyfriend!" I yell still nothing so we continue to walk down hallways.
"Damon! This is not funny!" She says and then suddenly Damon is holding a hand to each of our mouths. We get to the coffin and then start to wheel it out to the to take Nik home. Then my dad throws Rebekah inti the car and throws Damon away. Next I go flying back down the hallway. My dad opens his coffin and then pulls out the white oak stake.
"No!" Damon and Rebekah scream and I get up and go to tackle him but his hand wraps around my neck. I stare down at Nik and his eyes are open.
"Stop.. Please." I croak out between breathes and then he stabs Nik in the chest with the stake and throws me back. "No!!!!" I scream as tears run down my face. I go to run to him but his body catches on fire and I'm pushed back by my dad before he closes the coffin.
"Next." He says and turns to Rebekah. She runs and then Damon tries to take him down but he's thrown and my dad runs out of there. I move back to sit against the wall and pull my knees to my chest as I cry. Damon gets on the phone with Stefan to tell him what happened. I hear him talk to Stef, and then to Elena, all the while staring at Klaus' coffin. It's when I hear my dad's voice that snaps me out of the trance. I look up to see him standing over Damon and Damon is bleeding all over.
"You're kind if invincible, Ric." Damon says spitting out blood
"Don't call me that. We're not friends." My dad says and kicks him two more times. I stand up and walk a little closer.
"We were."
"Well, our friendship was part of the problem. It's what kept me weak. That's also why it took so long for the real me to break through. And now I'm going to brea you." He tells him and punches him.
"Dad, stop. You don't need to do this." I tell him.
"Is that all you got?" Damon asks and then he goes to stake him.
"No!" I scream and run to stop him and Damon kicks him back and he starts punching him. In the middle of the fight my dad starts to stop fighting.
"What's happening?" He asks.
"No." Is all Damon says.
"What's happening?" My dad asks again and falls on his knees. I rush over next to him.
"No, no, no." Damon says and I take my dad's hand in mine as he desiccates.
"Elena..." I whisper as I look up to Damon.
"You're not dead! You're not dead!" He says and he gets up and runs to the car. I grab my dad's body and throw him in the back with Nik's coffin. I jump in the passenger seat and Damon takes off. He speeds all the way back into town not caring about the laws. When we get to the hospital I wait in the waiting room while Damon runs through the back. I wait there for what feels like hours but could be minutes. I stand up when I see Stefan walk out of the back.
"What happened? Elena's dead? How did she die? How did this happen?" I ask him in hysterics.
"Phoebe, you need to calm down." He tells me.
"I can't, everyone is dead. Nik, my dad, my parents, now Elena. Everyone is leaving me." I say and he sighs.
"She's in transition. Earlier when she came into the hospital Meredith gave her some blood. She died with it in her system. She's in transition." He explains to me and I calm down fast.
"She's not dead. I mean, not dead dead?" I ask and he shakes his head. "Oh my god." I let out a sigh and he hugs me. "Oh, thank god." I say and hold on to him tight.