Chapter 8

Gary was looking at himself in front of the mirror as the hairstylist do his hair and the make-up artist up make-up on his face. Drew, who just finished getting ready was rotating in front of the full-length mirror, looking at his whole outfit, front, and back. Paul just finishes putting on his suit was sharing the mirror with Drew, tying his tie. Ash was sitting on the sofa, eating chips while making sure his outfit was still clean.

"Look at me. Too perfect. Man, is it illegal to have such a handsome man as an idol," Drew muttered to himself as he takes a full view of himself?

"It is illegal to be narcissistic, Drew. You will eventually have to marry yourself," Gary joked as the hairstylist comb his hair.

"I just don't get how girls like him. He is just so annoying," Paul added as he fixes his sleeves.

"You guys, shut up. I am just too perfect for you," Drew said as he brushes his bangs to the side.

"Here comes his ego," Paul sighed before he brushes off the invisible dust from his body.

"Let's have less talk and more work everyone! You guys may pass the first round but there are still other rounds for you to pass! If you want to win this, be serious! Drew, stop staring at yourself, you are perfect already. Sit down! Paul, you look neat, no need to still organizing yourself. Continue doing that and you will soon as shiny as a statue. Ash, stop eating! you will dirty your outfit and have a stomachache on the stage. Gary, hurry up! We don't have much time left!! Let's get going, people! Chop! Chop!" Brianna exclaimed as she clapped her hands. She has a close-eyed smile on her face but her right eye keeps twitching, which shows how annoyed she was with the boys. She keeps glancing from her clipboard to her watch and the boys. Her heels click to the floor with each step she takes.

"Brianna, I think you are a little too stressed. Calm down. I am pretty sure they know what to do. Let them do their magic, okay? It will be fine," Serena said as she helps Gary with his grey suit.

"Calm down? Oh, I am very calm. Calmer than ever. Don't you see?" Brianna said sarcastically as she glared at Serena for a while before taking a seat on the sofa and rubbed her temples. Serena just gives her a small smile before focusing on Gary's outfit. There are only the sounds of breathing and the clicking of the shoes. The silence was heard in the room as everyone was doing their own things.

In the girls' room, music was played on a speaker as they are putting the final touches on their outfits. They are all standing in front of two mirrors, doing their hair, or putting on makeup while singing along with the songs and doing little dance moves. Iris was behind them, talking to Cilan, the girls' stylist, chef, and many more. There are still a few minutes before they will be called to the stage for the second round.

The next few minutes fly past quickly as Harley starts the introduction of the second round of the contest. "Good evening everyone! Welcome back to the second round of the Top of the World Competition! Yesterday, we sadly have to say goodbye to two groups, Second Generation and the Musicals. We hope that they didn't give up singing and dancing. Now with eight groups remaining, who will survive? Now, before we started the second round, let me reintroduce our judges! Please welcome Nurse Joy, Lilian, and Soledad!"Harley is introduced with excitement as the audience cheers. The judges all walked from the back of the stage and waves at the audience before walking to their seats. When the judges all walked to their seats, Harley looks at the audience before continuing. "Now, let us welcome the bands!"

All the bands walk onto the stage in order and wave into the audience as the audience chanted their favorite group. They stand in an ordered form. The spotlight was mainly focused on the bands that are walking into the stage and those that are already on the stage. The audience and the judges clapped their hands as the bands walked onto the stage. When everyone is on the stage, Harley faces the band's "Welcome back, members, to the second round of the contest. I hope that everyone has a good night's sleep and rest?" Harley asked.