Chapter 48

"So, the girls and I had talked yesterday and we wanted to work at your studio sometime later this week or next week," May said through her phone.

After talking for hours with the girls, the girls had concluded together. They had made some drafts of the new songs in their studio but since they can't go and get it, they have to either remake them from memory or make new songs. During the talk, the girls decided that they can meet up somewhere where they can work and create some new songs and music, but this time, completely original, which included designing the outfits, the background music, the dance, and the lyrics. Usually, there were stall members who design their clothes or play their background but since the girls had time, they can do everything themselves.

May called Drew a few days after the call, asking him if the offer he gave her was still available. Drew on the other side, who is taking a break from the dance practice laughed at her straightforwardness.

"Sure. I will ask the boys though. Mind if I call you or text you later?" Drew asked.

"Sure. No problem. I think I am the one who decided to contact you during your busy time," May said.

"Okay, I will call you back," Drew said before hanging up. He wiped the sweat off of his face with his towel and sat down after his rapid heartbeat from the dance practice slowed back to normal.

"Yo, want some water?" Gary asked, holding out a bottle of water toward Drew while taking a sip of water from his water bottle.

"Thanks," Drew said, taking the water and drink it. He leaned back at the wall and start drying his hair with his towel. He turned to look at the rest of the group and observed them for a while. Ash was fanning himself with a stack of papers that he found laying somewhere in the studio. Gary was wiping off his sweat from his face and body. Paul was drinking water with a towel hanging around his neck. Looking at them, Drew's mouth curved into a smirk as his eyes became mischievous. "By the way, in a few days, the girls from the Wallflower Roses are coming here to work," Drew said suddenly in the silence.

A pin dropped can be heard and Drew cannot hell but laughed at his team's reactions. It was exactly the reaction he was expected. Ash's manmade fan fell on the floor, creating a mess around him while his eyes were opened wide and his mouth dropped. Gary stopped wiping his hair mid-way, looking at Drew in shock. Paul's reaction was the funniest of them all. He was choking in his water and started coughing.

"Why are they coming over? Didn't they have their own studio and on their vacation right now?" Ash asked.

Drew's laughter stopped after a while. "They are indeed on vacation but they cannot go to their studio during their vacation. They also have a concert after their vacation. The girls said that they were bored so they wanted to do something. Since they cannot work in their studio, they can only work somewhere else," Drew explained.

"And they cannot do that in each other's house?" Paul asked with one of his eyebrows raised.

"They don't all have equipment available in their house," Drew responded.

"I don't think they will actually ask us for help," Gary said.

"Of course they won't. I allowed them since we are supposed to be their seniors. I am asking you if you guys mind," Drew said.

"So, we basically have no say, whatsoever," Paul pointed out.

"Yes," Drew said with a smile.

"Then why bother asking?" Ash asked and Drew laughed at Ash's comment.

A few days after Drew had agreed, the boys had been busy. They were practicing and dancing, preparing for their concert. Because of that, they had forgotten what day the girls are coming to their studio to work. Therefore, when the girls arrived, they are met with a very messy studio, where it seemed as if everything was pushed to one side of the room and it was left there for ages. The boys just finished their dance practice at that time and they were on their break. The girls only saw the ending of their performance but they know how difficult the dance is based on the amount of sweat accumulated on their face and hair. The boys looked as if they had just run under light rain.

"It is a bad time for us?" May asked awkwardly as the boys were drinking their water.

Drew, Paul, Ash, and Gary looked at the door, though the messy desk tables and chairs and found the girls standing by the threshold, not knowing to either enter the room or to leave. Each of the girls was wearing a disguise and carried a bag with them.

"No, you girls are fine. I guess we have been busy lately that we forgot you guys are coming. I hoped that the space is okay for you," Drew said.

"Well, you did allow us to work here and inconvenienced you so it is fine. We can always clean it ourselves. I don't think it will take long," May replied, looking confused as her eyes scanned the room.

"Make yourself feel at home. Welcome to our studio!" Gary greeted them with a smile.

"I am not sure if I can make myself at home in this mess or feel welcomed here but I think I can work here for a few days," Leaf muttered. The girls heard her and giggled a little.

"We will only stay a few days a week, trying not to bother you," Misty stated. "But we will need to start cleaning this... mess before we can get any work done."

The girls looked at the mess on the tables, chairs, and floor and sighed. They sat their bags down before rolling up their long-sleeved shirts and start organizing the area where they will be working for the next few days.

..........

Song: Overdose
Album: Overdose
Artist: EXO