Chapter 52

Silence spread across the room as May, Leaf, Misty, and Dawn all stared at Drew. It only took a second before May broke the silence.

"Yes, whoever stole it would use our song unedited to the public while we still have our original recordings. Doesn't that make whoever stole it sounds pathetic? I mean, if they can steal our songs without us knowing, they are not just going t think that we are not going to figure out and have evidence in our hands?" May pointed out and rolled her eyes as she leaned back to the sofa and folded her arms in front of her with her legs crossed.

Misty looked at May for a while. "Or maybe we give them too much credit. No matter what is going on, we should deal with our soon-to-be terminated contracts first," Misty said.

"I had already told Harley and Iris to deal with it. They said that they will contact me when this is over," May said.

"I am not sure about you girls but I am actually quite excited to terminate my contract," Leaf pointed out.

"Same here. My brother had been telling me that if I still wanted to be in the industry, I can create my own company. Then again, I am not good at managing a company, to begin with," Dawn laughed a bit, looking back at the memory.

"Lucky you. I wish I have a brother like that," May commented. "Anyways, until whatever happened ends, we are just going to have to continue working and waiting to see what happened next."

"You know, you girls have the worst luck of all times. Even during this break, there are problems that you need to deal with," Gary joked, after the girls went on silent for a while, lost in their thoughts.

"No offense taken, I totally agree. I really want to know who is torturing us like this and have a face-to-face conversation with them. I mean, can we deal with this when we get back to work? They really want us to work overtime, and without pay," Misty complained.

"So, what's your plan?" Drew asked the girls.

"What else can we do now but to continue planning and working right now? Harley said that as soon as this is done and over with, we will start working again. Meanwhile, we are to communicate with the fans," May said and picked up her phone. "And wait for the thieves to be caught."

"I have a good feeling that the thieves will be found soon," Misty muttered to herself and sighed.

The next morning, May worked up early and went to meet up with Iris and Harley with the rest of her group. They were going to talk about their plan for the following months with everything that is happening so far. When May entered the private room, almost everyone was there already, waiting for her. May took off her mask and her sunglasses and sat down on an empty seat next to Leaf. There was breakfast on the table, which May grabbed some and started eating.

"We are waiting for Misty?" May asked after looking around and noticed that Misty is not in the room.

"She said that she is on her way earlier," Leaf said. May nodded and leaned back. She sighed and looked up at the ceiling, waiting for Misty.

After a few moments, a waiter opened the door and Misty walked in. As soon as the door closed, she took off her glasses and her scarf and sat down in an empty seat.

"I am so sorry that I am late! I bumped into Ash in the middle of the street. Then, there are fans running around and then there is chaos. I wanted to run away but he decided to took me with him. We ended up having to run around the block and hide," Misty complained as soon as she sat down and took a few deep breaths.

"Well, it is nice to see you here alive and in one piece," Harley said as he sorted his papers in front of him. "Now that everyone is here, let's get the party started."

Harley took out a few papers from his files and show it to the girls. Leaf took the papers and looked at them with the girls crowded around her to read the papers too.

"Is this what I think it is?" Leaf asked, looking up at Harley.

"Yes, this is your termination papers and the lawyer contract. We have got some evidence showing that the company stole your work without permission. From the evidence we have so far, there is a chance of us suing the company for stealing but that is not enough and I don't think it will be the effect you want. It would also be hard to solve the termination of your contract. We don't want to pay your compensation fees either. Therefore, we are going to have to wait until they published your songs. The fact that you guys have the tapes for these songs is good and can be used," Harley said. "I want to know what you guys want to do now? Are you planning on entering another company?"

"We are still thinking about it. This is just too sudden. How soon do you think this will take?" May asked.

"From my connections back at the company, it should take at least another week or so. There is this girls group that I heard of it preparing for their debut and another group is preparing for their comeback so I think it is either one of them. We just have to see," Harley said. Leaf handed the papers back to Harley and he put the papers back in his folder. "I heard that you are working with the Knight Boys. Since you guys don't know what you are planning to do next, I suggest you look at your options and let me know. That includes creating your own company or working with them in the long run. After all, I still need to prepare for you guys and they are not bad options."

"We will think about it," May responded.

..........

Song: We Go Up
Album: NCT
Artist: We Go Up