Chapter 53

"So... what do you think we should do now? Because at this moment, I don't know what to do and I run out of ideas. Also, people are surrounding my apartment, which I am so glad that I moved back to my parent's house during this break," May talked into her phone as she lay on her stomach in her bed. She had her laptop opened as she browsed through the internet while taking on her phone in her white shorts and a red tank top.

"I am not sure. At this moment, I just want to deal with the contract. They can have our songs if they want to but the people will found out sooner or later. It is not as if we are planning to use them anyway. Treat it as if it is our farewell gift to the company," Misty replied nonchalantly while playing on her phone, only glancing up once in a while.

"You sound so aggressive, Misty! What happened to you today? Did they bother you? But yea, I agree with you. These songs are not to our satisfaction so it doesn't matter," Dawn laughed at Misty and rolled around in her bed, hugging a blue plushie doll.

"I don't know about you, but I would like to remake the songs and perform them on stage as revenge. They took our hard work. Even though it would end up in the trash anyway, it is pure plagiarism. They didn't ask for permission or anything," Leaf said, leaning back her chair with her arms folded in front of her chest.

May laughed as looked into her phone at the girls. "What happened to you now, Leaf? Why so aggressive?"

"I just don't think it is aggressive at all. It is already very kind, in my opinion.  If they want, I am always free to file a court case. They took our work without even a thank you note. Let's not add to the fact that they are performing it worst than I had imagined," Leaf pointed out.

It had been about two weeks since the girls had the meeting with Harley and Iris. They had been continuing working on their songs and practicing on their choreography at the studio and each other's houses while waiting for Harley's news about their contracts. It was their free day, which they are just relaxing in their home when they saw on the news about a new group from their company, debuting a song with lyrics that the girls know all too well. Dawn, being the first person to realize it, video-called the other girls and told them of the situation.

When they found out what had happened, there was shock, surprise, and frustration. Not that they were frustrated because their draft song was taken away without permission, but also because their name was somehow also added to the mess, almost as if the team were trying to use their fame and tried to build a relationship with the audience.

"I am surprisingly not too angry about the fact that they took our songs, to be honest. I am just frustrated that they even put our names in their debut, and now, the reporters are everywhere. It was almost as if they are using us for a shield, and if their debut went wrong, we are also at the fault. Can they give us some peace in life?" May sighed.

Misty rolled her eyes at May's comment. "That is all you care about right now, May? Seriously? I agreed with you though. Whoever is their manager really doesn't know us very well, or else they would not have made that mistake. I found it very offensive. If they really know us, then they know that we will never let them get away with it."

"That is what they want. If we cause trouble, they can put the blames on us, since they did nothing wrong. What are we going to do then? I am ready to file a case anytime," Leaf commented.

"Whatever we are planning on doing, we need to talk with Harley first," May replied and sat up from her bed.

"I want to do what Misty and Leaf suggested. I want to rewrite the songs and file a case if they didn't give us an explanation. They cannot get away with this. It is plagiarism and fraud since we never even know that they exist or give them anything," Dawn said while rocking herself on her bed. "We need to deal with the contract and our comeback soon. We cannot keep waiting or else soon, people will get suspicious and we may never have a comeback again."

"Does everyone agreed with Dawn? Because if we do, I am going to have to contact Harley like right now," May said.

Each of the members looked at each other and didn't say anything. As if they had a silent agreement already, May sighed. "Okay, I will contact Harley about this, and I will contact back when I am done."

May ended the meeting. After staring at her phone for a while, deep in thought, she got out of her bed, stretching her limbs as she walked toward her desk with her phone and laptop. Setting everything down on her desk, she took a seat and leaned back. Her right hand was busy calling Harley while her left hand was focused on opening her laptop.

"Hello?" Harley answered the phone after a few rings.

May stopped typing on her laptop and turned her focus on her phone. "Hi, Harley. So, I and the rest had made a meeting earlier, and we had made a final decision. How long do you think it will take for it to be done?" May asked and tell Harley their plan.

"I can get it done soon, what about you?" Harley asked.

"It would take us at least a month to prepare and I felt that we have so much that needs to be done," May answered.

Harley went silent for a while. "Hmm... How about this? I will reply to you in a few days, alright?"

"Sure."

..........

Song: Blue Hour
Album: Blue Hour
Artist: TXT