Chapter 12

"Your Majesty! Now answer me and tell me
Why people have changed
Has there ever been
A beautiful time before?
They forgot how to love
And lost their heart to care
They're busy living with their
Backs turned on each other" Paul chanted while writing down the lyrics into his notebook before he stopped, shakes his head, and rip out the page from his notebook. He crumpled up the paper and throw it onto the floor before he starts writing again. He was sitting on the floor with his back lean against the wall. He runs his hand through his hair in frustration and continues writing while chanting softly.

Across from Paul, there stands Drew and Ash in the mirror room where they are dancing in front of the mirror.  They were trying to come up with a dance move for their song. Their body twists and moves and at the same time talking to each other about how they can improve it.

"So we go from left to fight then spin. Stop at this side then jump," Drew said softly.

"Then we do this and this. Give a smile and then step, step, and turn. Twist and then gives a thumbs up," Ash added.

Lastly, there is Gary in the computer room with his computer open to a music app and his headphones on. He was messing up with the controls, trying to found the perfect tune for the song. He is humming and nodding his head while he moves the controls. His feet are also tapping on the floor with the beat.

Brianna walked into the scene and look at the boys. She sighs and walks toward the kitchen and put down the food. She was outside and order takeouts for the boys as she knew that they will forget to eat again. She takes out all the boxes and put them on the table. "Boys! It is time to eat!" Brianna called as she takes out the last box. A few moments later, there was still no reaction from the boys. Brianna's left eye twitched before she screamed "Boys! Get your self here right now and eat before I will shut down the electricity here!"

All the boys stopped what they are doing and walk to the dining room where Brianna have out all the food. They each take a seat and take the lunch box with their name on it and begin to eat quickly. "Boys! I want you to chew it, then swallow it. Not swallow it! Are you trying to choke yourself, because if you do, I am not performing CPR on any of you!" Brianna yelled at the boys when she saw how they are eating like someone is going to steal their food.

"Sorry, Brianna. We just have so many things to do. We still have to prepare a song and a dance and we didn't have anything ready yet," Drew said as he slows down his eating a little.

"Yea. We are stuck now. We didn't seem to be able to make a good song now," Ash added as he stopped eating for a moment.

"I know your troubles but that doesn't mean that you guys have to rush! Your body is the most important. If you get sick during the day of the competition, you will still not win. I am sure you guys can do it. This is just a small obstacle you guys are facing now. You guys can do it. Take it slow. You still have four more days left after today. Take a deep breath and talk to each other about it," Brianna said slowly as she notices the condition the boys were in.

"Thanks for caring, Brianna. We really appreciate it. We got this. You don't have to worry about it. We are just worried because no ideas have blinked in our mind at the moment," Gary sighed.

"Then tell me, what is your plan so far. What are you planning to sing?" Brianna asked.

"The theme is about love so it should have something to do with that. We are planning to do something related to finding and understanding love," Paul said briefly.

"Then you guys work with each other to make the song. It takes one person to write down the song but it takes four brains to come up with an idea. First, help Gary with the background song and help Paul with ten lyrics. Once the song is completed, you guys can prepare the dance and the outfits," Brianna said.

The boys looked at each other and nodded before they quickly eat their food. After they finish eating, they walked to their stations and continue to prepare for the competition. However, this time, they are helping each other with the song. Gary has moved his computer from the computer room to the living room, listening and playing around with the track. Paul was still on the floor but was leaning against the leg of the sofa. His attention was all on the paper in his hands. His pen was crossing off lines, writing new lines, and editing lines. From time to time, he will stop writing down look at his work, and nodded his head before taking a deep breath and continue to write.

Drew and Ash were sitting on the sofa. They both are helping Paul editing the lines and make suggestions and comments on the song. They also move to be beside Gary and listen to the soundtrack made by Gary while changing some tunes from time to time.

The boys worked together harmoniously. Brianna looked over at them and smiles. She takes out her phone and takes a picture of the boys before posting it to her Weibo before logging off and walk to the kitchen to clean off the food before leaving the small apartment.

..........

Song: MAMA
Album: MAMA
Artist: EXO