Chapter 9

"Congratulations on staying alive, dear. Are you excited about the next round? Your father and I have been watching your performance," May's mother, Caroline, said to May during their video chat in the Roses' changing room.

"Thanks, Mom. You really don't have to do this. The girls and I are all excited about the next challenge. I heard that it is going to be quite challenging," May replies.

"That is very good to hear. Your father was worried that something will happen. I told him to believe in our baby girl," Caroline said.

May sweatdropped and smiles awkwardly. "You guys are being too extra. I will be fine. How is everything back at home?"

"Everything is fine. Your father is still busy working in the company. Your brother is still sticking his nose in his computer and I am still as always, enjoying my life," Caroline sighed.

"That is nice. Tell Dad to take a rest and Max to stop being with his computer all day," May said.

"I will! Tell the rest of the girls I said hi for me. I will try to meet you guys up soon," Caroline said.

"Of course. Love you, Mom."

"Love you too, sweetie."

May closed her laptop and put it away before she sits back in her chair. The girls were back at their hotel rooms, which they booked for the contest. The girls were staying together in one room while their manager and stylist were in another room. They just return home from taking the third round of the competition and they are relieved that they manage to pass. The girls planned to stay up until the live version of the third round was aired on their television.

At this time, the girls are doing their own things. May was playing a random game on her phone. Misty just finish her shower and walk out with her ocean blue pajamas on and a towel on her head, drying her hair. Leaf was sitting on the small sofa, under the lights, and reading a book that she brings. Dawn was sitting on one of the beds, doing some online shopping.

Suddenly, when the clock hits exactly at 11:45 pm, the alarm clock beside Leaf rings, and everyone stopped what they were doing. Leaf had set the alarm clock for the time when life was being shown on the television in case they forgot. The girls all put down whatever is in their hands and sits on either the bed, floor, or sofa as Misty, who is closest to the remote control opens the television.

"Good evening everyone and welcome back to tonight's round three of the Top of the World Competition! Thank you all for watching and spending your time tonight to watch our bands perform their best. In the first round, we ask everyone to perform a song, then in the second round, we ask for all the bands to create a whole new set of outfits with the theme rebels. We began with ten bands now we go down to six teams. Who will survive tonight's challenge? Well, we will figure it out soon enough! Lets us introduce the judges for tonight!!" Harley introduced the program.

Misty has her towel around her neck as she drys her hair. One of her eyebrows was tilted up as she watches Harley introduced the judges. "Harley is a little too extra. Every time is almost always the same. But he has the talent to make everyone excited," Misty commented.

"It is at least better than our last host. What is his name again? Brock? He is so weird. He is like always commenting on pretty girls and blushing all the time," Dawn replies to Misty before the girls get quiet and continue watching the program.

"Tonight, we are having double teams. Each team will pick another team at random and the two teams will perform a song together. The rules are simple. You choose a team, you plan a song, and then you perform. There will be three performances tonight. And only two of the three performances will survive tonight. So who is ready?" Harley exclaimed.

While the television was showing the process of the teams choosing their group and how they plan and practice for the song, the girls were criticizing the other teams' dances and talk about what they can do to improve since the girls' team was the last team performing.

"The Knights were good at their dance. See how the way they move and the way they dance? They are like they are still young. Their partners, Once, like the extras or the side characters, or what I call them the background. Otherwise, it is a good performance," Dawn said as she observes the performance of the Knight Boys and Once.

"I agree. However, if you listen carefully, you can hear that their voices are not flowing, as I should say. It is very sticky. I can say that the parts they choose to put the song together are a little for them to sing," Misty added.

"Stop critiquing others. I would say that they did pretty well for the contest. As you can say, they only have three hours to prepare. It is not much time. To get to their level, it is already very hard," May complimented.

"The Magma and the Aqua seems to have a little trouble with their dancing. You see, their music was catchy and very good to listen to. However, their dance canny follow what they dance during their original song performance. Do you know what I mean? There is no translation to the next dance move. It is all so random. If you are someone not watching their original dance for the songs, it is very hard to figure out what is going on," Leaf said as the ten-second team performs their song.

"Observant as always, Leaf. I agree with you. One thing I would like to add is that they didn't really work as a team. They are like... rivals in some way," Misty added.

"To say the truth, I think they will do better if it is a singles test, not doubles," Dawn said. May nodded as they watched the second performance ended.

Soon, the girls' team with Blink was called on stage and the girls attentively look and observe their performance.

"I go by the name CL of 2NE1
It's been a long time comin' but we here now
And we 'bout to set the roof on fire baby (Uh oh)
You better get yours, cuz I'm gettin' mine
eh eh eh eh eh eh eh
2NE1
eh eh eh eh eh eh eh
You better ring the alarm
eh eh eh eh eh eh eh
We're 2NE1
eh eh eh eh eh eh
HEY HEY HEY HEY" the Roses started.

"Leaf and Misty, you two did a great job with the introduction. I like it when Blink sings that part. They get this flow in them. Good work on your idea to add part of our intro to the begin as the background so it seems that the two songs are connected and flowing," May praised.

"When I kick open the door, they all look at me
Even if I don't try that hard
All guys get nosebleeds
Pang pang parapara pang pang pang
A toast for me right now, clink clink clink
Hands up, in my hands there's a
A bottle full o' henny
The girl you've always heard about, that's me, Jennie" Dawn singed.

"Now let's dance dance dance
Wanna get down
I have a rather big
dream dream dream
Cause I can do whatever
I want with the world
For the great freedom
tonight, tonight oh" Liv, from Blink rapped.

"The dancing light wraps around me
Black to the pink
Wherever I am, I'm special, oh yes
Don't care if you look or not, I wanna dance
Like ddaradaradanddan
Ddaradaradanddan ddudurupbaoo" May and Misty singed.

"My eyes are filled with shining stars
Even the light burning in my heart
Won't be forever, there's nothing to lose
Oh oh oh oh (Oh oh oh oh)
Oh oh oh oh yeah" Elva singed.

The girls listen to the chores or the song and the rest of the song and they point out simple things that they can do better in the future, such as their moves, their speed, and their singing. Soon, they watch to the end where the third round ended with the Magma and Aqua was disqualified for the semifinal. And they closed the television.

"It is already the semifinals, girls. We have two days break before the semifinal starts. I want all of us to rest and prepare for whatever to come," May announced.

"I agree. I am really tired now. Too tired, in fact, .lets have some rest. Then tomorrow, we can have some rest for the first time since forever," Leaf yawned and the girls clean up, do the last touches, before going to bed. The lights were out.

..........

Song: Fire x Boombayah
Album: ??? (YouTube Mashup)
Artist: 2ne1 x BLACKPINK was