(1)

3rd Person POV
They'd been living in Salt Lake City, Utah for about 15 years now.  His mom got a job in this town called Shadyside, so they had to move there. Now Cyrus was living in 342 Citrus Avenue.

He had left behind his best friends Buffy, Andi, and Jonah. They'd been his friends since 2nd grade. For almost 8 years now. They were there with him through the ups and downs. They were the best friends that anyone could ever ask for. When he came out to them, they were cool with it. And they were there when he came out to his parents. They made everything easier.

His dad had passed away a few weeks ago while he got into a car accident as he was driving all alone. He had to go to his funeral in about a week, but he wasn't ready. He knew he was going to break down in tears when he saw his coffin. He didn't want his mother seeing him like that. He had to be strong for her.

Once they got to their new house, Cyrus went up to his new bedroom. He shut the door and put his stuff down. He felt numb. He had spent all night crying that he had no tears left in him. He felt an emptiness that could not be filled.

He looked out the window for a moment. There was a tree right up front and a view of a bedroom. A boy was sitting on a chair. His hair was dirty blonde. He could see that he was listening to music and drawing something on his notebook. Suddenly the boy saw him. He wrote something on a piece of paper, went to his window and lifted it up.

It said a simple, "Hey."

Instead of replying, Cyrus shut the curtains and laid on his bed. He wasn't trying to be mean or anything, he just didn't feel like doing anything right now. He looked at the white ceiling and finally felt the tears roll out of his eyes as he thought of his father. He allowed himself to finally cry. All he wanted was his dad back, but he knew it was impossible.

His mother had told him that one day it wouldn't hurt as much. Guess only time will tell.

This is a short 1st chapter. I hope you like it and I promise this time I won't be discontinuing this book like I did with some of the others!