(3)

Amber's POV
I've always been a bit distant from my brother. Ever since about 2 years ago, I've not been the best sister. I've just been trying to figure out who I am and I'm scared of who I think I am. I don't know how TJ will react if I tell him the truth and I know my parents won't accept me for being who I am.

I close my eyes and let myself enjoy the peacefulness. The music from my headphones were so loud, I couldn't hear any outside noise. That was until I got interrupted by my brother. "Amber!"

I jolted up and pulled off my headphones, "What?"

"Mom told me to tell you to wash the dishes."

"Oh, ok. I'll do it later." I told him.

He went back to his room and I just put my head back down, staring at the ceiling. I just want to be confident in myself, but I'm not. I want to be confident enough to at least come out to TJ. He's my brother! I should be able to tell him stuff. But I'm just so  scared.

I go to my laptop and put another song on. I put some Billie Eilish. It was the song Idontwannabeyouanymore. Her voice is so soft and so calming, you could easily fall asleep to it. I got a text from Iris asking if we could hang out. I texted back that of course we could.

I grabbed my phone and headed out the door. I went to my car and drove to the park. I saw her sitting on a nearby bench and as I walked towards her I heard her say, "Hey what's up?"

"Nothing much, I was just bored and alone in my bedroom, so thank you for saving me from that."

Iris chuckled and said, "Your welcome."

Iris Hart. She has been my best friend since we were both 4! She doesn't really know about my sexuality yet. I haven't told anyone. I'm just not ready yet.

"So, anything interesting at home?" She asked.

"Not really. There's this new kid next door that my brother talks to, so there's that." I told her.

She nodded and asked, "Is he cute?"

"Not really." I told her, contemplating whether I should just come out to her, but instead I said, "He's not my type."

"Well, who is your type? You've never told me anything about your crushes. Assuming you've had any. "

"I've never had a crush." I lied.

"Oh, ok." She said. "Listen, there's this makeup store called The Fringe about 20 minutes from here. You wanna go?"

I nodded. "Sure." I was relieved she didn't press on the subject.

We walked to my car and I drove us to The Fringe. When we got there, there was a woman in her early 30s. "Let's get our makeup done." Iris said.

I agreed. I've never gotten my makeup done by someone other than myself. I sat down on the chair in front of the mirror. It took about 30 minutes for her to do my makeup. Another woman was doing Iris's. An older woman in her 50s. Once they were done with our makeup, we paid them. That's when I saw a girl about my age with short black hair. She looked at me and I smiled.

She smiled back and said, "Woah. You look really pretty."

"Thanks." I said. I could tell I was blushing wildly. Why does this have to happen every time I meet a cute girl?

She turned to the woman who just did my makeup. "Mom? Can I go to Cyrus's house? Dad said that if you said yes that he'd drive me."

"Yeah, of course you can, Andi." Said the woman.

"Did you say Cyrus?" I asked. The girl nodded. "A boy named Cyrus just moved next to my house." I told her.

"Really?" She asked as she took her phone out and searched for something. It was a picture. "Is it him?" She asked as she showed me the picture.

"Yeah, I think so. My brother's friends with him." I told her

"Is your brother TJ?"

"Yeah."

"Wow. So it is the same Cyrus. How's he doing?" She asked

"I don't know. I haven't even met him. I've only seen him hang out with my brother." I told her.

"Oh, well thanks anyways. I've got to go. Bye mom. Bye......"

"Amber." I said

"You have a pretty name. Bye Amber." She said with a smile as she headed out the door.

I suddenly forgot how to walk. My legs felt like jello now! Iris must've noticed that I spaced out. She said, "Amber! Come on! My mom just texted me that I have to go home. Will you please give me a ride?"

I snapped out of it and said, "Huh?"

"Will you give me a ride home?" She repeated.

"Oh! Yeah I will." I said as I regained the power from my legs and started walking out the door.

"Come back again!" The woman said as we walked out.

"We will!" I said.

I started driving to Iris's house to drop her off. I started thinking about the girl I saw. Andi. She had a pretty name too. I really hoped our paths would cross again.

Wrote a little bit of Amber's POV in here. Hope you guys like it. I was thinking Ambi could've met at a party, but then I went for this idea. I thought it was better this way. Anyway, let me know what you thought about this chapter.