(11)

Cyrus's POV
I entered the house and went to the living room where my mom was at.  "Hey, mom. What's the surprise?" I asked her.

She turned to face me with a smile. "Well, I found this school about 30 minutes from here, so you can go there. It's called Jefferson High School."

"Really?" I said, in a disappointed tone.

"Yeah." Her smile dropped when she noticed my tone. "What's wrong?"

"Well, I was thinking......."

"Ooh, that never sounds good." My mom said.

"Mom!"

"What? Every time you say that it never ends well!" She said.

"Mom! Just hear me out!" I exclaimed, "Please?"

"Ok, fine!"

I hesitated before telling her, "I want to be homeschooled."

She raised her eyebrows at me and laughed. "Absolutely not! How will you make new friends? You need social interaction."

"I already made new friends! Plus, I hang out with them every day! Please, mom? TJ and Amber are homeschooled!"

"So?"

"Come on, please? I am begging you please let me be homeschooled!"

She sighed. "I will think about it."

"Really?" I asked.

"Yes, but don't get too excited! I only said that I would think about it!" She told me.

"Ok, ok, ok, I won't!" I said.

I went to my room and then walked on the tree to get to TJ's bedroom. I knocked on the window and he opened it.

"Hey. What was the big surprise?" He asked.

"She found a school for me 30 minutes away."

He chuckled, "Exciting!"

I laughed, "Yeah, very. I told her I wanted to be homeschooled."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"Why? Don't you want to make new friends? Or even go to prom?"

"Ok, first of all, I am so bad at making new friends, I doubt anyone would even want to talk to me and second of all, I don't like that kind of stuff. It's too crowded with people and plus, I'm going to be a loner there with nobody to talk to, just awkwardly standing there!"

"Ok, first of all" TJ copied, "You are not bad at that! You made me and my sister as friends!"

"Yeah, because you initiated it!"

He rolled his eyes, "Second of all, I doubt you'd be alone!"

"And why is that?" I asked him.

"Because, I would take you." He blurted.

I wasn't sure I heard him right, so I dumbly said, "What?"

His face was red now, "I would take you. I mean only if you wanted me to." He stuttered.

I was blushing now. I smiled and said, "Oh, ok cool. And just so you know, I would want to go with you."

He smiled and said, "Cool."

"Yeah, cool." We stood there once again, not wanting to look away. I noticed his eyes were a beautiful kind of light green. He was looking at me with a soft look that almost took my breath away.

He was the first to break eye contact. "You wanna watch a movie or something?"

I nodded, "Yeah, sure."

We ended up watching Love Simon on Hulu. I had watched it many times before, but I didn't mind watching it again. It made me cry everytime, but I tried not to cry in front of him.

I failed.

Well, we both did. We ended up crying at the scene where Simon and his mom were talking near the end.

After the movie had ended, my phone buzzed with texts from the GHC groupchat.

Andi:
Cyrus.

Jonah:
Cyrus!!!

Buffy:
Please answer!!!

Me:
What is it?

Andi:
You wanna hang out at The Spoon?

Buffy:
Please say yes! We haven't hung out in a week!!!

Me:
Yes.

Andi:
Yaaay!!

Me:
Can I bring TJ??

Buffy:
Is he part of the GHC?

Me:
Well, he does have good hair, so I would say so.

Buffy:
Ok, fine. He can come.

Andi:
You're so whipped

Me
No I'm not! I just said he has good hair!

Andi
Ok whatever, we'll see you two there.

I turned to TJ and said, "Hey, my friends want to meet you. We're going to The Spoon. You wanna come?"

He smiled and said, "Yes. I'd love to meet your friends!"

We walked out of the house and towards The Spoon, talking on the way there.