(2)

Cyrus's POV
I walked to my bedroom, falling onto my bed. I check my phone and the group chat that I'm in is blowing up with texts.

Buffy: it's so lonely without you😣
Andi: We miss you!

I chuckle and reply back.

Me: I miss you guys too. We'll hang out on the weekends. You guys are 30 minutes away from me, so we can hang out all the time!!

Jonah: Yeah, but we still miss you!
Buffy: Yeah. It's not the same without you at school.

I put my phone down and remembered that boy from yesterday who was talking to me. I feel so bad now. I got my white board and wrote something on it and hold it up in hopes that he sees it.

"Hey. Sorry I ignored you the other day."

The other boy finally saw it and smiled. He took a pen and paper and wrote, "It's ok."

I erased what I had on my board and wrote, "You're just wasting trees. Don't you have a white board?"

He chuckled and shook his head no.

I went to my closet to get another white board. My mom always buys extra of everything. I walk over to my window and open it. As I walk towards his window, he opens it to let me in.

I said, "I have two."

"Thanks uh...."

"Cyrus. Cyrus Goodman."

"I'm TJ Kippen."

"What does your name stand for?"

"I won't be telling you that. I've only told my best friends that."

"So I have to become your best friend in order to get to know your real name?" I asked. "Ok, well first step on becoming best friends is telling each other a little bit about ourselves and then maybe giving each other our numbers."

TJ chuckled, "Ok, well I'm homeschooled, so you won't be seeing me around at Grant. I play a little bit of the guitar and the piano. My favorite color is green and I love to play basketball. What about you?"

"Well, I am very unathletic, so you won't see me playing any sports. One of my best friends started a girls basketball team back at my old school, Jefferson. And I'm gay."

TJ nodded and said, "Cool. And very clever way to come out to somebody."

"Yeah. That's what I was going for." I chuckled in relief. "So have you always been homeschooled?"

"Well, since I was in 5th grade. My sister was in 6th grade at the time."

"Really? You're so lucky."

"Lucky? At least you get to have some company! I only have my parents who are barely even here, a sister that barely acknowledges me, and a dog!" Suddenly his German Shepherd rose his head, "No offence Kip."

"Well, I could be your company. I could use some company myself." I told him.

He smiled at that, "I'd love that."

We stared at each other in this comfortable silence. Usually, when I stare at someone, there's this awkward uncomfortable silence around, but with him it's.......different.

He was the first to break eye contact, "So, what's your number? You know, since we're becoming best friends."

I chuckled and grabbed his phone to put my number in and gave him my phone.

"I've got to go. See ya later?"

"Yeah, see you later." TJ said.

I went out his window onto the tree and walked back to my window and shut it. I looked back at him and he was staring at his phone. I felt a buzz from my phone and it was him. He set his name to be: Timothy James

Timothy James:
Guess you've followed all the steps to officially becoming my best friend. ☺

I looked up at him and he was staring at me with the cutest smile. He set down his phone on his bed and put his headphones on and began to draw.

I smiled for the first time in days. Who knew a boy like him wanted to be my friend?

Hope you like this story so far. Sorry for my bad writing. I actually kinda liked this chapter. Anyways, I'm not ready for the last few episodes! Only 2 more episodes with TJ left! I'm not ready to let this amazing show go! I am planning on keeping all my Tyrus fan accounts even though the show is going to end. I'll still write fan fiction and make edits of the show.