004 : Numb And Weak

"Hyunjin, I got a call from Park So. He wanted to meet us at the headquarters for some meeting about the girl." Chan said to Hyunjin.

"Get everyone ready, we're going to the headquarters," Hyunjin said and pick his leather jacket and black cap from the closet.

"You're leaving the girl here, alone?" Chan asked and Hyunjin looked at him confused.

"Yeah, besides, she don't know where she is and there's no way she can escape from here," he replied and pick the car keys from the table.

After an hour, the nine members finally arrived at the headquarters. When they went in, they we're greeted by some men and agents. They walk straight to the main room where Park So is waiting.

"Hyunjin! Finally you're all here, we have some things to discuss," Park So said as they sit on their own chairs facing each other. Discussing the same thing again and again.

"So about Kim Dae Ho, he was nowhere to be found. His wife and his son is under Unit 3 and his daughter is under Unit 9 which under you and Chan's." Park So started.

"As long as Dae Ho wouldn't show up, we can't let his family free. He has to pay for his debt and he hasn't explaining about why he betrayed us, he must be working with another organization." they we're all silent. They can only here Park So's voice and the sound of papers flipping to the next page.

"Hyunjin, any report about the girl named Kim Y/N?" Park So asked Hyunjin. Before replying, he leans his back at the chair and sighed deeply. Kim YN, again?

"She doesn't know that her dad is one of the mafia bosses," he stated and Park So was shocked.

"That's ridiculous! How come she doesn't know about her dad?" Park So raised his voice a bit. There was a hint of nnoyance and confusion in his tone.

"She was shocked about it, when I told her everything, she cried and keeps saying that her dad isn't one of us," he replied, reminiscing the scene that happened yesterday.

What a poor girl. If there's only a thing I can do, that is to protect you at all cost.

***

After Y/N eated, she felt bored again staring at this empty room. The maid walk in her room to check her so she took the chance to ask her something.

"Uh, what's your name?" she asked the maid with a soft voice. She doesn't want her to feel scared of her. She was just in rage yesterday that's why she ranted about those things to her. Honestly, she also felt bad about it.

"Lee Ji Soo, miss," she replied with an awkward smile. Y/N nodded and smiled too. Her smile is too kind and innocent-looking. Then, she gathered up all the courage to ask Jisoo about something that has been bothering her this morning.

"W-Where is Hwang?" she asked while biting her lower lip.

"They went out, miss. Do you need anything?" she politely asked you. A smirk formed on her face.

"I want nothing. You may leave," she said politely and the maid walked out Y/N's room. After that, she looked at the window and see the view outside. It was all tall trees, a lonely road and you have no neighbors. It was like this manor was built out of nowhere.

An idea came up to her mind, she wanted to escape. This is her chance so she walk right in front of the door. She slowly twisted the knob and luckily, it wasn't locked.

Y/N slowly closed the door and sneak into the long hallways with several doors but she keep focusing on her intention to escape this house — or mansion maybe. It doesn't matter where her feet may take her. What's important is for her to get out of this place and seek for help from the outside.

There was no guards all over the place but she still kept quiet not forgetting about the maid. She's here somewhere else and she don't want Jisoo to see her.

Y/N finally saw a big door and it might be the main door to get out of this place. She ran to it and opened the door. She felt a glint of hope because finally, she's getting out of this place. As she were about to ran on the gate, someone held her from the back and put his hand on her mouth.

"Hold on, baby girl," he said and she started hearing gunshots around the place. There were three cars outside and they were firing gunshots towards the house. What the fuck is going on?!

"L-let me go!" she yelled at the guy but he just punched her stomach, automatically making her feel numb and weak. Gunshots were heard, memories started flooding her.

Those flashbacks where her Dad shoot someone in front of her. Those memories she wanted to forget forever.

***

After the short meeting, Hyunjin and the others went straight home but surprisingly, they saw three cars outside and it looks like they're intruders or something.

"What the fuck, who's them?!" Changbin asked them but none of them answers.

"Seems like we're going to have some fun," Hyunjin smirked and took out his gun. The others did the same thing too and went out the car.

They were shooting at each other with their guns. Hyunjin remembered Y/N so he went in the house. He tried searching for the girl in her room but she's nowhere to be found. Until he went into the kitchen and saw a masked guy holding Y/N.

"Oh, Hwang Hyunjin right? I see that you're the one in charge of keeping her," the guy said and laughed while Y/N started to cry.

"Let her go, whoever you are." Hyunjin said seriously with his gun pointed towards the guy. The guy just laughed and was about to shoot Hyunjin when he realized that he ran out of bullets.

The guy took the knife from behind and put it to Y/N's neck. Hyunjin, without hesitation pulled the trigger and shoot.