027 : So Far Away

Y/N plans on going out for a walk. She knows it's 7pm but she just loves to take a night stroll by the streets. But she ain't sure if her guards are letting her go out so she used her friendly connection with Kim Taehyung.

So you lazily walk out of her room and banged on Taehyung's door who's room is only across her. "Kimchi." she mumbled, knocking on the door.

After three knocks, the door opened revealing Taehyung's sleepy look. "What do you want, smol kid?" he asked, looking down on Y/N. She frowned and shot him a glare.

"I said don't call me that." Y/N said, glaring at the guy in front if her.

"You called me Kimchi, so.." he teases and laughed. So in result, he earned a punch on the arm from you. "What do you want, now?" he asked, looking at you.

"I want to go out and go for a night walk." Y/N whispered, making sure that no one other than Taehyung could hear what she says. Taehyung thought for a second before responding to Y/N.

"I might get in trouble for this but, if that's what you want then go." he answered, sighing. Y/N then smiled at him. "But, keep your location on so we'll know where to find you." he added and Y/N just nodded as a response.

***

The night sky is at peace and clear state. The moonlight beaming into your hair, and the stars twinkling bright illuminating your skin. You take a deep breath and look down on your feet. You miss that bunny slippers he bought you.

Y/N then look in front of her and started walking again. This time, slowly. Remembering the night walk you had with Hyunjin, you felt your chest in pain. Y/N remembered that it was the best late night walk ever. The time he confessed and lean in for a kiss.

She unconsciously touched your lips. She's missing the touch of his lips. And the soft and warm feeling of his palms wrap around your tiny hand. "Hyunjin, I miss you." Y/N mumbled and then bit her lower lip.

"Missing someone really hurts so bad." You heard a familiar voice from behind you. Y/N turn around and see the guy. "Hyunjin?" Y/N mumbled but much to her disappointment, it wasn't Hyunjin.

"But do you know what hurts more?" Jimin asked and Y/N just stayed quiet. "Waiting. Waiting for someone you knew that will never come back." he said, staring at your eyes.

"Shut up, mochi." Y/N hissed and a few seconds later, the both of them burst into laughter. Jimin's crescent eyes sends a flashback at Y/N's memories. Hyunjin also has crescent eyes. But Hyunjin's eyes are more ethereal than any other.

He will forever be on top of my heart.

"What a cold night," he mumbled. "But, the sky is clear right now. Meaning, you're feeling okay and fine?" he asked Y/N. Jimin walk near her, the both of their shoulders almost brushing.

"I think so," Y/N answered, looking down. "Maybe I am feeling fine." she added, finishing her response.

"That's good to hear." Jimin commented. "At least now, I won't be hearing a girl crying in the middle of the night." he added, almost sounding sarcastic. Y/N blinked abruptly and look at him.

"You heard me?!" she gasps, unbelievably. Her cheeks burnt and look down in embarrassment. Ever since she left the SKZ members, she's been crying for over a week. And Jimin heard all her cries? That's clearly embarrassing and disturbing too.

"Yes. And I can't sleep." Jimin teased. Y/N pouted and mumbled, "Sorry.." with a soft voice.

"It's okay, I understand. You really love him, don't you?" Jimin said with a sad but serious tone. He's trying to change the subject in order for them to keep on talking and avoid awkward silence.

"Hm," Y/N hummed in response and nodded. "So much that even the universe knows how much I love him." she added, looking up at the clear night sky. "The moon and stars are our witnesses." Y/N mumbled, closing her eyes.

Jimin take the chance to study her features. Her face is literally an angel. The moonlight beaming into her angelic face and by the stroke of her hair. She's beautiful. Her eyes, her cute nose and soft lips. Overall, she's prettier than the moon and more stunning than the stars.

"And planet Mars too. Jupiter, Saturn, Venus you name it, it's the whole universe." Jimin broke the silence and laughed so hard. Y/N opened her eyes and glared back at him.

"Pabo!" she yelled.

"I am!" Jimin teased and run away from her.

"JIMINIE PABO!" Y/N yelled and started chasing Jimin while laughing. This night is going to be fun, and Y/N is sure of that. With Jimin, she feels at ease and somehow he's helping her to forget about her painful feelings.

But she hopes that she will not forget Hyunjin.

***

Hyunjin wore his black baseball cap as soon as he spotted Y/N walking alone by the streets. He wanted to go near her because he missed her so much. He wanted to hug her again, feel her soft skin and smell her faint scent. He wanted her to come back to him again.

He watch as Y/N slowly walks by the street unaware that he is out there, watching and guiding her. She may not know but Hyunjin somehow calm down knowing that his girl is safe. But one thing's he's mad of-why is there no one with Y/N?

"Baby.." he mumbled, looking from afar. Hyunjin let out a deep sigh and was about to walk towards her when he stopped tracks. He watches as the guy from BTS approached Y/N.

It was Park Jimin walking with Y/N. Hyunjin watched them talk to each other, giggle and laugh. He felt a sting of pain in his chest, watching the girl he loves laughing with another man from afar. That should be him, that's making Y/N smile, giggle and laugh.

But he realized that the pain he is feeling right now is nothing to compare to the pain he has caused to Y/N. So, who is he to demand to destiny. Who is he to demand to the universe, right?

Hyunjin looked up and lean his back on the wall, closing his eyes. He is wearing a black hoodie and black ripped jeans so no one will easily recognize him. He's kept in the dark and Y/N will never know.

"JIMINIE PABO!" Y/N yelled and laughed so hard. Hearing Y/N's laughs and giggles has caused Hyunjin to break down easily.

Hyunjin hears her giggle with Jimin and seconds after, tears started streaming down his cheeks. He's in pain. He's lost. He has no home. His home is his girl but he doesn't know if he's her home too.

Sanctuary.

That is what Y/N is to him. His sanctuary, his resting place and his home.

Hyunjin pulled out the ring from his pocket and stared deeply onto it. The moonlight is beaming onto the diamond ring causing it to shine and twinkle. It looks so beautiful. But it'll be more beautiful if his girl is wearing it.

Hyunjin take a quick last glance at Y/N who's now sitting on a bench beside Jimin. He felt his heart torn again for the nth time. But it doesn't matter, because even though it's shattered, every piece if it only loves her. Only her.

She's so close yet so far away from him.

***

a/n: me writing this sad and emotional chapter but my now playing song is Stray Kids Get Cool. ʕಠ_ಠʔ

- s a v e a -