Chapter 9: Work

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Destiny's P.O.V

Princess??! How am I going to accomplish that in 2 months? 1 month? I don't even know. I get up to find Zayn standing there over my bed.

"I need some explaining to do, don't I?" His intense brown eyes stare into mine. I sigh and nod. Getting up to get dressed he looks at me with worried eyes. 

"What?" I ask taking a seat next to him on the bed. 

"I don't want to push you into doing this." He answers grabbing my hand. 

"Push me into what? We're supposed to be mates, so I'd do anything." I say looking at him. 

"Are you sure?"  

"Yeah. It can't be that bad." I sigh and look at him. 

"Well good because we have a LOT to do. You have to adjust to my culture, act certain ways an---" He cut himself off when he looked at my arms that have faded cuts on them. I sigh and pull my sleeves over them. He looks away. 

"You don't think it could work.." I get up and pace myself. 

"No ..no baby, it's not that.... my parents are just really picky. I'm nervous." He gets up and hugs me around the waist burying his face in my hair a little shy. 

I turn around and kiss his cheek. "Don't be nervous. We'll do this together." I pull on my toms. 

"So... are you ready? We are starting with table manners." He says putting on his own shoes. 

"But I already have table manners... I'm not a slob.." I chuckle. 

"No. I'm half Pakistani ... my religion is different from yours. We don't eat like you Americans..--" He looks at me with an amused expression "No offense.." he finishes.

"Oh no, It's perfectly fine.." I chuckle and rolls my eyes. 

"We're going to a Pakistani restaurant ... so... you ready?" He looks at my outfit. 

"What?" I ask amused. 

"Nothing. You're fine. They may find your clothes funny. We don't wear that in Pakistan." He looks into my eyes with an amused expression. I roll my eyes and head to the car.

"So what exactly are the rules I have to follow?" I ask trying to have a Pakistani accent. 

"Oh God. No. Bloody hell. Never do that again." We both laugh at the same time when he starts driving. 

"Your mother would probably have a heart attack if she heard me talking like that." I say taking a deep breath. He looks over at me with worried eyes. 

"Don't worry. She loves you already. It's my father who expects everything to be right." He growls.

We pull into a restaurant with a name that I can't even pronounce. 

"This is my parents' favorite place. Thought I'd get you used to it." He says before walking over to pull my door open. I step out and almost stumble. We get to the door when I begin to step in. 

"No..." He pulls me back and looks down at my shoes. 

"Hmm?" I ask. 

"Your shoes, take them off. They are not allowed inside." He takes off his own shoes and the waitress stares at me with wide eyes. I give a shy smile and take off my own shoes. 

We both walk in and she leads us to a table in the back . There are pillows on the floor and a small table in the middle. I think it's cute. I chuckle and sit down knees first. The waitress gives me a weird look. Zayn looks like he wants to laugh and sit cross legged on the floor with his feet under his legs. I stare at him with wide eyes and do the same. The lady pulls out a basin full of water and hands it to me.