Wind in Sand

Last Time:

However, Danzo will never expect a book to be his way in. Just the right charms will make this too easy.

XXXXXXXXXX

Gaara sighed and glanced sadly out of the window. Today was his friend's 16th birthday. He didn't know Naruto very long, but Naruto was the first person to understand him and saw him for who he was. A person, not the demon inside. The blonde was his first real friend.

Everyday he waits eagerly for reports from Jiraiya's group about any leads on Naruto, but strangely enough there hasn't been a single sign from the fellow demon vessel. It was frightening, but he kept in mind that every day where was no news of finding Naruto dead was a good day.

The sight of something outside caught his interest, "An intruder." He concluded at the sight of a white bird flying very high in the sky. A bird unknown in these parts. He stood up and went to confront this person who had the nerve to throw around explosives in his village.

XXXXXXXXXX

"I can't just sit here and wait for that book. I should go see Gaara ... I hope he won't be too pissed about me not contacting, but I'm pretty sure Danzo has spies there too considering Gaara's and my friendship. If I'm disguised it shouldn't be a problem ... hard to believe he's the kazekage now ... he deserves it. At least, some people can get their heads out of their asses." muttered Naruto as he casually put on a pair of jeans and a gray hooded jacket. He flipped the hood over his short straight blonde hair and glanced in the mirror on the wall.

With a little magic his hair became black and his eye turned green, "Hope Harry doesn't mind me borrowing his look ... ok, you both want to come?" Fawkes cooed and Kyu jumped onto his shoulder. "Alright let's go." He stepped out onto the deck of the boat to steer the boat towards shore close to Wind. With a soft whisper the boat glowed lightly as a set of strong wards activated to protect it.

It didn't take long to reach the border of Sand.

*boom*

"What the- ..." Not long after the village came into view a massive explosion ripped through the earth. "Shit! Gaara!" He raced towards Sand.

As he drew closer he sensed Gaara's weak chakra signature headed away from the village with two unknown people and Kankuro left behind. Swearing under his breath he quickly ran towards Kankuro first. Naruto was shocked to find the Sand ninja barely alive.

"Damn ... poison." Naruto quickly bent water out of the air. With his hands covered in glowing water chakra and he easily removed every drop of poison from Kankuro's body. Fawkes cawed softly signaling that someone was coming. "Got it, just one sec. He lost a lot of blood." He unsealed a bag filled with neatly arranged potions. Tilting Kankuro's head forward slightly and poured a blood replenishing potion down the ninja's throat was all he did before racing after Gaara.

Naruto was worried now. He knew Gaara wouldn't leave his village voluntarily so it was most likely an attack. There was only one group that would attack a demon vessel and take them alive ... the Akatsuki!

Each member of the group has proven to be a real pain in the ass for his clones to find, but he tried something else instead. He was just kicking himself for not coming to Gaara sooner ...

XXXXXXXXXX

"We did it Sasori my man! We got the one tails!" cheered Deidara. The two Akatsuki members in signature black cloaks exited the desert and into a forest with an unconscious kazekage draped over the blonde's shoulder.

The scorpion like puppet nodded, "Yes, so far we're the only ones to succeed in getting a demon vessel ... strange how they seem to be impossible to find. It's like they magically turn invisible when we get near the village known to have them.,"