Born Again

Bria watched him as he was doing his work. Probably reporting murders, crimes, any of it! She was full of hatred for this man she never even met. She's had enough. Her throat made up an awful growl, she jumped off the ledge. Even with how quiet she was, he still heard her.

"Ah, the runaway..."

3 days earlier...

"Who are you, people?" Bria had asked in a curious tone.

Buck looked at the woman then back at Bria. "Um, you okay, kid?" He said slowly.

"Are you, my doctors? Where are my parents." Bria asked.

Buck chuckled. "That's a good one, kid. You almost had me. I know you're joking. She's joking right?"

The woman just looked concerned. "I think she has slight amnesia."

"I need to get back home. My sisters really sick, I don't really have time for this." Bria started to sit up even more.

"Kid lay down." Buck said. He sighed.

"You don't understand sir, I have to get back. It's legit a matter of life or death." She said.

"Bria,-"

"How do you know my...-"

"Bria." Buck silenced her. "Your sister passed away almost a decade ago. Your whole family got slaughtered."

"Way to bring it up easily." The woman whispered in a sarcastic tone.

"A-a decade?" Bria repeated with tears in her eyes. But suddenly she stopped crying when she saw something floating! "What is that?!" She jumped back and cowered in the corner. The purple flames scared her.

"And in that time span, you managed to get superpowers." Buck sighed again.

"I'm doing that?" Suddenly the purple flames became admirable. She held up her hand only to find a shiny ring on her ring finger. "What is that?"

"And you got married." Buck said. Bria raised an eyebrow and looked at him. "To an Elite."

"What?!" Bria shouted.

"Buck!" The woman yelled and slapped Buck over the head.

"What? I'm just being honest!"

Bria was hugging her knees crying again. "What is happening? I don't know how to feel."

"Calm down." The woman sat next to Bria and comforted her.

"Who are you guys. I'm sorry I can't remember, but it seems like we're close." Bria wiped her eyes.

"Yeah," Buck puffed out his chest. "We're practically family. Basically adopted you when your family died." The woman kicked his ankle. "Ow!"

"Wouldn't it be better if we told her the whole truthful story?"

"Ugh. Fine. You could've just played along." Buck sat down. "Get cozy kid, we're going to be here for a while."

Meanwhile somewhere in space...

This was ridiculous! Thel got the whole payback torture thing, but wasn't it time for judgment already? He told them what they needed to know. Why were they stalling for so long? He was doubting their promise to eventually let him go.

And boy did he miss her.

He just wanted to feel her against him again. Smell her hair. Hear her laugh. Anything. She's the reason he's been fighting through this pain. Just the thought of seeing her again almost made him smile. One of these days he'll get to see her again. After he's paid for his sin.

He watched as the guards walked back into the room. He slowly stood up from where he was sitting.

"What is the meaning of this?" Thel spoke slowly but firmly. "Aren't you satisfied? Send me to judgment and let's get this over with."

"So demanding." They came into Thels cell. "But sometimes plans change." They leaned and whispered. "I think extermination would be more proper for you."

Thel gasped as he felt a sharp pain in his stomach. He looked down at a blade going right through his skin. He groaned and tried his hardest to not blackout. But failed.

This was the first time he blacked out from the pain.

Back to Bria:
After a couple of hours of explaining, Bria was finally caught up.

"I'm in love with him?" Bria was a bit creeped out, but she still blushed and giggled.

"Yeah, we don't understand why either." Buck replied.

"I feel like I missed most of my life. The last thing I remembered was watching my sister shave her head. Seemed like just the other day." She replied.

"Well, hopefully, this amnesia will only last temporarily." The woman replied.

"We'll let you get some rest, we will talk more in the morning." Buck replied. He and the woman left the room and started talking around the corner in whispers.

"What do we do?" The woman asked.

"I don't really know what to do. I guess that guy hit her head pretty hard. She doesn't even remember that the Arbiter is missing." Buck said.

"Perhaps We should help her just find him. I don't know." She said.

"Yeah. Let them have a true loves kiss. That'll definitely work." Buck said sarcastically, followed by a glare.

"It would be nice to get her memories back though." He looked at her through the crack of the door. She was playing with the purple fire on her fingertips. He saw a look on her face that he's never seen before. "We better find him, fast."

3 days later:
"Ah, the runaway." The man turned around and looked at Bria.

"Not a surprise that you know me." She replied.

The man quickly put her in a chokehold. But she quickly burned him.

"What do you want?" He hissed.

"I should be asking you the same thing." She replied. "Why is this group still around? Is that mangy old Brute still alive?"

"You should know. You killed him."

"Good. Sorry, I happened to lose my memory because of somebody." She stepped towards him.

"So What do you want with me? Want to talk about joining back? We could use someone with your power." He said.

Bria laughed. "I would rather die." She grabbed his neck. "Instead I have a different intention."

It was his turn to laugh. "That's not your nature."

"Hmm." Bria looked at him. "I guess things change when you lose everything you care about. I feel no remorse." She watched his eyes grow as she squeezed his neck. "Probably shouldn't have bashed my head in."

She squeezed his neck at the same time burning him.

He yelled...

And yelled...

And yelled...

And yelled...

And Finally, he was silent...