Betrayal

Bria didn't know what to do. The information processed in her head many times throughout the day. She didn't think of anything else. When would they strike? How will they strike? How was she going to deny this?

Was this man lying to her?

After knowing the Arbiter as much as she did, since her incident and memory loss, she didn't believe that he, of all people would do that. Why would he? What is his reason?

He seemed so sweet, so gentle but deadly, like a giant teddy bear.

But Bria has learned her fair share of betrayal. She didn't know why this man would lie to her about this, he just wants to protect the UNSC. There was no logical reason he would lie. Even the clan was afraid of the Arbiter.

     Can Tyra be trusted?

Bria sighed and buried her face in her hands. Tyra was just a kid. She probably doesn't even know what is going on herself. She could be deceived too.

Who can be trusted?

Bria decided to go back to the ship. It wasn't like she wasn't welcome there. She was a medical officer.

She walked back on the ship, showing people her badge. Her heart was racing and she was pretty sure she was sweating like crazy. What if she saw him? What was she going to do? It's not like she could just cut him in half right in front of everyone. The UNSC would never trust her again she could be arrested. Or she could get shot in a second. She had to get him alone and had to get him alone as soon as possible.

"Well, that didn't take long..." She heard a voice behind her.

She sighed. Buck.

Her heart started beating faster.  She slowly turned around, her lips drew a flat line.

"Did you find him?" He asked.

Bria nodded. "mm hmm.."

"Did you kill him in cold blood?" He asked.

Bria didn't know how to answer that. Would she lie about it?

She decided not to. She shook her head.

"Thennnn, what are you doing back here?"

"Where's Thel?" She felt like she was going to throw up.

"I don't know." He replied. "Not my day to watch him."

"I-I need to go find him..." She began to walk away.

"You okay kid?" He asked as she walked away.

"Peachy!" She yelled over her shoulder.

     Where would he be? She asked herself. Perhaps he was training or doing something with the Swords. Perhaps it was too late. They already started plotting or striking.

Bria pushed her steps to where she was almost in full sprint. She went to the training room to find him. And she was right after all.

There he was.

Training like a mad man.

She was so hesitant to approach him, she didn't know-how. She would kill him right then, she definitely could. But the darn UNSC... She wanted to cry, she had every reason to cry, but she controlled it. There was no time for tears here.

She became bold and went right up to him, he noticed her and stopped swinging his sword. She looked at him and loathed him. He was a monster. A traitor.