Countdown

Bria looked at the floating platform slowly being built into a huge ship. They soon noticed that the windows were opened, but they weren't suffocating or being sucked into space, it was just windy.

     "Ughh...." Tyra sat up a little bit. Bria supported her.

      "What do we do?" Bria asked Thel.

     "We're too late..." Tyra spoke while gasping. "They already have everything they need."

     "There has to be something we can do." She replied.

     Tyra shook her head. "There is nothing."

     "We have to try!" She looked at her. "Ugh, where's the master chief when you need him?..."

      "We will storm that ship." Thel said. "If He's there, I need a few words with him."

      Tyra stood to her feet with Bria's help. "I will go with you both." Not seconds later she growled in pain.

      Bria noticed her holding her side. "Tyra you're bleeding!"

     "Ugh..." she groaned. "I will fight or die trying!... I will not leave my masters!"

     "Tyra," Bria grabbed her face making her look at her. "You're so young, you have so much to live for. Please stay here. Find a medic."

     Tyra hesitated, but she was shaking violently. She saw the sympathy in Bria's eyes. "Fine. But you two better come back alive."

     Bria gave her a small smile. "Go. Please warn everyone, get as many people as you can off of this ship."

     Tyra nodded once and jogged away.

     Bria looked at Thel. "Now what? How are we going to get there safely?"

     "Banshee. But who's to say the platform Isn't guarded?" Thel said.

     "It can't be beside him and Cyva, maybe a few guards." She looked at him. "Ready for another battle?"

     It looked like Thel almost smiled. "And many more to come."

     They raced to get a Banshee.

     Near the platform...

     "Left... left! Left!"

     Crash!

     Both Bria and Thel rolled out just in time.

     "I told you Banshees weren't made for two." Bria groaned.

     They stood to their feet and glanced around. It already looked like a city. With structures that looked like they were going to be buildings. Even a flat area with a bigger building in front of it. It looked like a ruler would live there.

     "We're in space," Bria looked up at the stars. "Yet we can breathe." She wondered if this was another illusion from him.

"Let us stay by one another." Thel suggested. "He could be anywhere."

Bria nodded and stuck by him. They started to walk, very much on their guard. Nothing too suspicious happened. It was ominously quiet. It honestly freaked Bria out. If this guy was powerful, she didn't know if she or Thel would survive.

This could be their last battle together...

Suddenly the ground began to shift. It split Bria and Thel up and she began to rise up on a platform.

It made her scream a bit, but it finally jolted to a stop. She looked down at Thel wondering how to get back down to him.

     Something had caught her eye though. A ray of colorful light, she looked at it and it began to multiply. But it seemed completely innocent.

     "Woah..." her eyes lit up and she reached out to it. "Are you seeing this?" She yelled down at Thel.

     "Indeed." Thel replied. "Don't trust it though, it could be another illusion." He said.

It's like they were in a different world. Color swirled around them. It was almost beautiful if they didn't know they were in mass danger.

     "Stay focused." Thel reminded her.

     "Right..." She said, she focused her power and released a small pulse dissolving the illusion. She jumped when she saw someone standing right in front of her.

     It was Cyva holding an energy sword just about to strike her.

      "Is that seriously how you were going to kill me?" She asked, clearly annoyed.

      His eyes were big, "that wasn't supposed to happen..."

     He struck anyway. But she quickly blocked it. His combat skills were more weak than she expected.

     "Looks like you failed training, huh Cyva." She mocked.

     He growled and pushed to strike her again, but she dodged yet again. This time blocking with her arm. They were face to face, he snarled at her and she looked at him with desperate eyes.

     "You don't have to do this Cyva. You have so much potential." She said.

      "Are you trying to get me to be on your side?" He chuckled. "Again I keep my word."

     They broke it off, he flew back a few feet.

     "I was in that situation too. There's a way out, you're not alone." She said.

      He chuckled once more, they started to circle like lions ready to pounce on each other.

     "You just love playing the good guy don't you?" He said. "The you that lost her memory would have no mercy."

     "That me didn't see the bigger picture. She was power-hungry and full of vengeance." She dared to walk closer to him. "But I see who you can really be." She got a couple of feet in front of him. "A soldier of the Swords of Sangheilios."

     He stared at her eyes. Searching for something. "I..." He silently spoke. "This isn't going to work for you!" He slashes up and cut her left cheek nearing her eyes, she fell back and looked for him.

     But he was gone.

     Thel wanted to help her so badly, but he saw Cyva disappear. He sighed.

     "Seems like only yesterday I saw you..." he recognized that wicked voice.

     Thel didn't know if he would make it out alive.