Wishes

"I might know away!" Penny lit up.

Thel's heart filled with hope, but only for a moment.

Penny's eyes traveled to a small hole under the fence that only she would be able to go through.

She winced, "I don't think you'll be able to get through that..."

"Child!"

The little girl jumped at the sudden shout.

Thel swiftly stood up as a guard marched into the cell. He looks right at Penny as she cowards in the corner of the cell.

He crouched down to her eyes level. "What are you doing out of your room?" He spoke in surprisingly a calm manner.

Penny's breathing was heavy, almost hyperventilating.

"I..." She looked at Thel with fear in her eyes. "I wanted to practice... He was very hurt..."

The guard sighed and stood up onto his feet.

He grabbed her wrist.

"Ow!" She cried and scratched at his strong hand.

Thel tensed.

"You know what this means?" The guard was still calm, but he looked down on her with disrespect.

"No! No..." Penny hit his arm. "I'm sorry! I already had two sessions this week!... Please!" She cried even louder.

Sessions? Does she mean, torture?

She's just a child...Thel thought.

"You know the rules." The guard spoke. He started to drag her out as she kicked and screamed.

Thels mind flashed back to the time he and Bria saved the little child from under the rubble pile.

He remembers seeing her trying her hardest to lift that rubble to help the child. At the time Thel had wondered what she was doing in the middle of a battle.

"Bria." She jumped and swiftly turned around ready to fight. But it was only Thel. "What are you doing?" He asked.

"This kid is trapped in here. We have to help him or he'll get crushed." She tried to lift it again but failed. "I'm not strong enough."

"Give me cover." Thel walked up to the wall and began to lift it up. It was heavy for him as well, but he knew he could do it.

Suddenly The child screamed and she screamed his name. He turned and stared right at a beam rifle bullet ready to take the hit.

Then silence filled the air...

The bullet froze right in front of his face! He looked at Bria with wide eyes, her eyes were closed and she was holding up her hands.

Her eyes slowly opened and she sighed in relief.

"Cool..." The child whispered in amazement.

She looked back for the culprit and found him on top of a roof. She flung the beam back his way, he tried to dodge but failed.

She looked back at Thel. "Are you okay?"

He nodded once as he groaned to lift up the wall. "Thanks to you, love."

He could sense her smile.

He lifted the wall far enough for the child to crawl out. Bria quickly approached and wrapped her jacket around him, she kneeled down to talk to him.