The Rogue Clan

The Brute ever so slightly got closer to Bria. She would have backed up, but she was standing back to back with Tyra. He looked intrigued. Did they know about her power? How was that possible?

"Please." He spoke in a calm manner. "Come with us."

They all began to disperse in one direction. Bria and Tyra looked at each other.

"Oh heck no!" Tyra said. "This screams kidnap and murder!"

"But What if they were serious?" Bria asked. "You saw how they reacted to my power."

Tyra looked at her. "Did you not see the black robes and hand-made masks? They look like a cult!"

"Well, this is your planet." Bria started to walk off.

"Bria! You are not seriously going to go with them, are you?" She yelled.

"I need to know, Tyra." She turned and smiled. "I'll protect us."

"That's supposed to be my job!"

"Come on." Bria gestured. Finally, after hesitating, Tyra followed.

They went into an old ruin in the middle of the forest. Both of them were very cautious Bria was ready to strike at any sign of danger.

"This way!" The Brute spoke and ran into a hidden room.

Once Bria and Tyra were inside, they marveled at the size of the room, it was huge! And it was lit by the same purple fire Bria had. A lot of the different species were either sitting on ledges and having conversations, or combat training. Overall, they wore the same clothing. Though you can tell the soldiers beyond the civilians. They were the ones wearing black garments and masks.

"What is the place?" Tyra asked.

"This is a sanctuary!" The brute said proudly. "It's a refuge for all species alike who got rejected from their clans, family or like the originals, from the covenant."

"But you could've just joined the Sword of Sangheilios. Well, Elites could." Tyra suggested.

"Yes," he replied. "But the Swords weren't a thing when most of them got banished."

They passed by a group of Elites who were combat training.

"We are a people who believe in peace. We believe in the better good." He said.

"Yet, you threw spears at our head." Bria said.

"We wouldn't have killed you. They were just warnings. To scare you off our turf." He replied.

"But you guys said you knew about my power?"

"Yes, Though we don't know how to use it ourselves." He spoke.

Bria and Tyra looked at each other, then back at him.

"Then why did you tell us to come with you?" Tyra asked. Clearly irritated.

He turned to look at them. "We may not know the way, but we knew the Mistress before her first passing. When she burned down a village and passed on, the originals were able to get their hands on a few of her books." He eyed Bria. "How did you get ahold of such great power?"

Bria shrugged. "I lost my memory. I can't-"

An image suddenly flashed in her mind. A tall beautiful, but broken building, mostly made with stained glass. She got a glimpse of the inside, mostly filled with books and pages.

She went back to reality and immediately felt dizzy.

"Bria, are you okay?" Tyra held her arm to give her support.

Bria nodded. "I saw... I saw a library. An old library."

"Ah," The Brute said. "The ancient library. That's must've been where you got them from. Do you remember more?"

Bria shook her head.

"She needs to rest." Tyra said.

"Yes, the barracks are down the north hall. I'll have them prepare a room for you two." He said.

Bria laid in one of the hammock-like beds that were prepared for her. Tyra's was at the other end of the room. Some medics gave Bria cold gel to put on her head. It helped her nausea.

"So," Tyra spoke up. "Do you think they'll teach you new tricks?"

Bria shrugged. "I don't know what else there is to learn."

"Probably millions of new things. It seems you're the last thing in the galaxy that has these powers." Tyra said.

"As far as we know..."

"I mean your powers are fascinating. Though thank you for not using them on me, even though you don't like me." Tyra said.

"Aren't you going to talk?" Bria asked.

Tyra looked at her. "I am talking."

Bria raised an eyebrow. "About back when that spear struck your arm. It pierced right through your armor."

"Correction. They just managed to hit the seam perfectly."

"Don't avoid my question."

"I have no reason to answer you." She replied coldly.

"If we're going to trust each other, shouldn't we get to know each other better? I'm just curious about blood. It's not the end of the world. I'm not going to tell anyone or judge you if that's what you're thinking." Bria said.

Tyra looked down at her lap. She sighed heavily. Bria knew that look, even though it was on an Elites face. Tyra didn't want to talk about it. She was still silent, so Bria decided to leave it.

"Fine. I'll go to bed." Bria turned to face away from her.

She heard another heavy sigh.

"I'm half-human," Tyra said.

Bria turned and looked at her and raised an eyebrow. "Half-human?" She questioned.

Tyra slowly nodded. Still didn't make eye contact with her.

"I legitimately would have never guessed. You look nothing like a human." Bria said.

Tyra remained silent.

"I have never heard of anything like this before... how is that possible? humans and Sangheili can..."

"Procreate? Yes. Yes, they can." Tyra said. "Have you never tried with Thel?"

"Beats me. I don't even know who he is." Bria shrugged.

"Oh right."

"That's so fascinating." Bria sat up and looked at her closer.

"I'm not proud of it." She replied. "I'm... different than a lot of the Elites. Some Elites didn't like me because of it, so I kept it hidden for a long time. Thel doesn't even know. Life hasn't been easy... My mother, she was human and my father was an Elite. My mother..." She froze.

Bria waited.

"N-nothing. I told you too much already." Tyra flopped down on her bed and turned her back towards Bria.

"Perhaps another time." Bria laid back down. "Thank you, Tyra, for telling me. There's nothing wrong with having a little bit of human in you."

She heard nothing else. So both of the girls fell asleep.