Spies

BOOM!...
     The whole ship shook as Bria and Thel ducked and hung onto each other.

The alarms immediately went off, they heard the commotion in the hallway.

"It's too late..." Bria whispered. Thel grabbed her hand and they both marched out into the hallway. They looked over to a sealed glass door. Beyond it was a large hole from an explosion leading into space. Marines were cursing and panicking all around them. Bria heard one marine say that they just suffered over twenty casualties.

Tyra frantically approached them, but hesitated and immediately glared at Bria.

"It is alright." Thel spoke concerning Bria.

"Tyra," Bria pushed past Thel. "I'm so sorry..."

Tyra froze when Bria suddenly gave her an apologetic hug. Her eyes grew, She didn't know what to do.

"I didn't mean to hurt you..."

"Uh...." Tyra looked at Thel confused. Bria took that as a sign and backed up away from her. "Anyway," she cleared her throat. "I just wanted to make sure you guys were okay, that explosion was very close to the medical bay." She said.

"Cyva..." Bria whispered.

"What?"

"Cyva and Flas, they're behind this as we suspect."

"H-how do you know? You don't have any proof." Tyra asked in a defensive tone.

"I'm not one hundred percent certain, but think about it. They disappeared when we got attacked on sangheilios. The clan mysteriously got slaughtered after I told them about it." Bria thought.

"Oh my gosh..." Tyra realized and looked down. She scoffed.

"That's why everyone is scared of you." She looked at Thel. "They think Cyva and Flas are a part of the Swords. They must be the ones stealing private UNSC information." Bria said.

"We have to find them,"

Tick...

All of their eyes grew when they heard the loud ticking. They decided to follow the sound until they found a bomb not too far from the other one.

Bria surrounded it with a force field of fire, microseconds later it exploded. The fire suppressed the explosion but managed to injure Bria.

"Agh!.." she knelt over in pain, blood gushed through her nose.

"Bria!" Thel and Tyra knelt by her and helped her up.

"Yeah, that wasn't a good idea for me..." Bria said quietly. She coughed several times.

Thel spotted something moving in the distance, it shrieked when it noticed he saw it and started to run. Bria stopped them immediately with her powers.

"Flas!" She growled.

Her powers held him in place until they all approached him. "Why are you running, you little brat!?" She yelled.

"You're not supposed to be alive." He whined.

"Where's Cyva?" She questioned loudly.

He remained silent but pulled something out swiftly.

"Grenade!" Tyra yelled.

Bria's eyes grew and Thel quickly dragged her back and shielded her. The plasma grenade went off, only leaving grunt bits on the wall.

Bria hit the ground and cursed.

"I knew I shouldn't have trusted them..." Tyra said. She was shaking. "This is all my fault."

      These are the most emotions Bria has seen Tyra express, besides frustration.

      "Tyra, you couldn't have predicted this..." Bria said.

      "I should've been able to. Cyva was my right-hand man." She said. "Ugh, I'm so stupid!" She threw off her helmet in frustration.

"We have to locate Cyva before he can cause any more havoc." Thel said. Both Bria and Tyra nodded.

"But he's probably hiding from us." Bria looked around. "Where's Hejiro?" She asked.

"That spartan was looking after them. They'll be fine." Tyra replied.

Bria began to walk and ponder. Where could Cyva be hiding? Or is he even hiding? He could be in plain sight.

Tyra had a realization. "In the pilots bay!" She said and started to run. Bria and Thel followed after her.

Nearing the door, they found traces of blood on the ground. Both Elite and human. Tyra began to hack into the door, Thel got armed and ready and Bria took a fighting stance. Thel noticed Bria was troubled, so he reached over and gave her hand a squeeze. She looked back and smiled at him.

Cyva could be behind this door.

The door opened and they ran inside, but stood to a halt. Cyva was in the middle of the room holding the commanding pilot as a shield with a gun barrel pressed to her head.

"Glad you can join the party." Cyva said.

Tyra took a few steps forward. "Cy, why are you doing this?"

"What? Try to capture a UNSC ship? It would make a great weapon for this war."

"What war?" Tyra asked. "We're supposed to be at peace with the UNSC."

"The Sword of Sangheilios are at peace with the UNSC. I serve a different master." He said and looked at Thel. "It's because of him that we are at war. If you would've just kept the treaty."

"I was defending my people." Thel stood on defense.

"You killed innocent." He replied. Tyra let out a small gasp. Thel didn't reply.

"What do you want? We need to stop this." Bria asked.

"I personally want this ship." Cyva said. "My Master wants rights to control both the UNSC and the Swords."

"Why?" Tyra asked.

"Think about it, if he controlled everything, there will be no need for war. Every enemy fears him." He said.

"Who is he?" Thel asked.

"I think you would recognize him." He said. Thel finally realized. "I really wish he would've killed you. It would've made this so much easier. But the distraction of you nearing death and the UNSC sending a search party, we got all we need to make this work."

"Cyva, stop this. This isn't you." Tyra said. "Remember everything we've been through."

He looked at her but chuckled. "Oh Tyra dear, I did love you. And you're right I don't want to do this. But unlike selfish beings like you, I keep my word."

A plasma bullet came out of nowhere and struck Tyra's side. She screams and falls.

"Tyra!" Bria stood by her side. She looked at Cyva but he began to disappear with a smirk on his face.

"What the?..."

Everything began to sweep away in their vision like a hologram was being displayed.

"You see, my Master is an expert on illusions." Cyvas voice echoed.

The vision swept away to reveal a dark pilot's bay. All the crew members were dead. They saw in the distance through the window and giant platform.

"He's building his own world..." Bria said.

And they were too late.