➰Chapter Sixty-one➰

Chapter Sixty-one

As Leah struggled to try to free herself from her newly acquired cuffs, she managed to overhear a conversation between Jace and Ollie.

"The fire alarm just went off downstairs. The Mundanes are evacuating the building," Possessed Ollie informed.

"There is no fire," Possessed Jace said.

"Luke Garroway is leading a strike team from the Institute," Possessed Ollie continued, making Leah tense immediately.

"Is the Daylighter with them?" Lilith asked, sounding worried.

Leah smiled. "What's the matter, Queen of Hell? Scared of vampires?"

"Keep them away from my boy. Avoid the vampire. Kill the rest," Lilith ordered.

All of her disciples then left after Jace, and Leah grew immediately worried for her friends. Suddenly, she heard Lilith shout angrily, turning to look at Leah.

"My Owl. He's gone!" Lilith hissed.

Leah smiled, unable to hide her contempt. "Jace is totally going to come for you now. They all will, and they're going to kick your sorry ass back to Edom."

"Let them," Lilith said, as she pulled her dress down by the shoulder and literally clawed a symbol on her bare skin, making Leah cry out in utter pain. "I bet Jonathan will be glad to see you."

After she was done, Leah gasped, eyeing the demonic symbol on her shoulder. "You crazy bitch. That was so unsanitary."

"As you live, so shall my son," Lilith replied coldly. She then turned back to the altar and stared at Jonathan's body some more.

Leah didn't know what to do. She could only hope her friends were okay, but she knew that if they would be able to stop Jonathan's resurrection, they would have to hurry. She was startled by a gust of wind, as she saw Simon and Clary's friendly faces for a change.

"Hey there, big sis. Miss me?" Clary whispered as she and Simon worked together to untie her from her cuffs.

"Took you long enough," Leah replied, certainly glad to see them both. "But what are you doing here? She can't see you."

"Remember how you saved me from the DuMort once?" Simon asked, smiling. "Consider this me returning the favor."

"Let's go," Clary started, as soon as they had successfully untied her.

"Wait. We can't let her bring Jonathan back to life," Leah said.

"Cool. So what's the plan?" Simon whispered back.

"Lilith's afraid of the mark on Simon's head."

"Yeah, but that's defensive, not offensive. She'd have to make a run at me, but she's smarter than that," Simon argued.

"Not when it comes to her demonic son," Leah said. "Clary..."

Clary nodded, immediately getting a glimpse of the rune Leah had also thought of. It was good to know that her powers still worked the same with Clary around. "Alright. Simon, give me the stele."

Leah watched as they both hid themselves from Lilith sight, before she took a deep breath and spoke to the Queen of Demons. "Get away from Jonathan."

Lilith turned around to meet her. "And why would I do that?"

Leah placed the Fairchild dagger Clary had given her on her own neck. "You said it yourself. As I live, so shall he."

Lilith looked taken aback. "You wouldn't."