➰Chapter Sixty-nine➰

Chapter Sixty-nine

Leah smiled, as she stared at Jace's peaceful face, while his eyes were still closed shut. She never thought she would feel so comfortable being naked around someone, but clearly, she didn't mind that someone being Jace, especially after the wonderful night they had had together.

Jace inhaled deeply, groaning a complaint. "Stop staring at me like that."

"Sorry," Leah said, feeling herself blush. "I just... I can't believe we finally did it."

"You don't... Regret doing it do you?" Jace asked, a hint of worry in his voice.

"Never," Leah said, as she cupped his face with her hand. "It was perfect."

Jace smiled as he nodded, kissing her hand slowly. "It was, because it was with you."

➰➰➰

Leah and Jace walked side-by-side through the Institute's hallway, but stopped as soon as they heard the gust of two fire messages following them around. Leah frowned as she opened it, revealing an invitation to Magnus and Alec's wedding.

"Well, they're not wasting any time. They're doing it tonight," Jace smiled, and Leah could genuinely tell that he was glad for his parabatai.

Leah couldn't hide her happiness, either. "This is the best news ever. This is the most awaited union ever."

"I can think of two people who've had to wait a little longer," Jace retorted, as Leah simply threw her arms around his neck and kissed him shortly.

"Jace Herondale, will you come to the wedding with me? You know... as a non-date."

Jace chuckled before nodding. "Yes, Leah Rollins, I will be your non-date to the wedding. And to anything else."

Leah smiled, but then she let go of him, feeling her stomach tense. She frowned, unfamiliar to whatever was happening to her or why. "Woah."

"Are you okay?" Jace quickly asked her, clearly worried about her.

"Yeah, I guess I'm just nervous, that's all," Leah said, forcing a smile.

Jace shook his head. "Leah, I know you. What's really going on?"

"Well... It would be nice to celebrate a wedding, trust me. Especially Magnus and Alec's. But... Jonathan's still out there. And the prophecy is still looming over my shoulder."

"There's always going to be some darkness looming over our shoulder," Jace said, throwing his arm over her shoulders to comfort her. "Edom may be gone, but there's plenty of other demon realms out there. But that doesn't mean we can't come together and celebrate a wedding. It's what we fight for, right? So we can live and love in peace."

"I suppose I could break out that little black dress Izzy's been nagging at me to wear," Leah said, eyeing him suggestively.

He bit his bottom lip, before pressing his lips to her ear and whispering: "You won't be wearing that for long."

Leah burst out laughing. "That was the tackiest line ever."

"But you loved it," Jace retorted, while she tried her best to hide the smile on her face.

"I love you."

➰➰➰

"Luke?" Leah asked, as she saw Underhill and him arguing on whether he should be allowed in or not. Leah ran toward him and hugged him. "Underhill, it's alright. He's my dad."