➰Chapter Sixty-eight➰

Chapter Sixty-eight

"She said the Heavenly Fire in her veins would shield her against Edom's demonic atmosphere," Meliorn spoke, as he recalled how Isabelle had secretly snuck out to the Seelie Realm to try and save Magnus on her own.

"Why would she take that on herself?" Alec asked, but Leah had a much more relevant question.

"More importantly, why the Hell would you let her?" Leah snapped at the Seelie angrily.

"She didn't want all of you putting your lives at risk," Meliorn replied.

Simon seemed as shaken up about this as Leah. "And you didn't think to stop her from going?"

"I did, but she convinced me it was the only way to save Magnus," Meliorn said, seeming eerily calm about all of it. "She begged me not to tell you."

"Yet, here you are," Jace snapped.

"I wanted to honor my word, but the thought of Isabelle in danger, all alone... I had to tell you," Meliorn added.

"Thank you for your concern, but what are we supposed to do to save her?" Alec retorted.

Leah and Clary exchanged a look, as they saw the blunt image of a rune on their minds, knowing that they both were aware of what it could do.

Clary cleared her throat. "We have an idea."

➰➰➰

Leah had never seen so many familiar faces together at once. There she stood, surrounded by the likes of Alec, Clary, Simon, Jace, Meliorn, Lorenzo Rey and her newfound friend, the werewolf Maia Roberts.

"Thank you all for coming," Leah spoke, as she studied all the faces around her, people she called desperately, in hopes that they could help them. "I know this might sound crazy, but it could be our only chance to get into Edom and saving Isabelle and Magnus."

"Are you going to tell us what you're planning now?" Alec asked, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Leah and I think I could create a rune that binds Shadowhunters and Downworlders together. To help us share our powers and immunites," Clary began. "Kind of like a temporary parabatai rune."

"Look, binding one Shadowhunter to another is one thing, but Shadowhunters and Downworlders? It could be really dangerous," Jace said, seemingly unconvinced.

"Have some faith in us, Jace," Clary groaned.

"I think, if this is our only chance on saving Magnus and Izzy... It's worth a try," Simon nodded. "Count me in."

"You seriously expect me to endanger myself to save the very warlock that stood by and watched as his father turned me into a lizard and made me eat dead flies?" Lorenzo retorted hastily.

"If it weren't for me, you'd still be eating dead flies," Alec snapped back at him.

"Besides, Mr. Rey, in case your huge arrogance avoided you from realizing it, if Magnus Bane dies, so does the only person keeping the rift from Edom from ripping open," Leah said in a low voice. "Also, trust me when I say, that if anything happens to Isabelle or him, eating dead flies will be the least of your worries. So please, if you could be so kind as to drag your head up from your ass and help me get my friends back."

Meliorn sneered. "I knew I liked you, Leah Rollins."

Jace immediately tensed. "She has a boyfriend."

Meliorn gave Jace a playful look as he smiled. "A pity, indeed."

"Help us, and you will be forever known as Lorenzo Rey, the warlock who helped save the world," Alec intervened, probably fearful that Leah's approach had been a bit too aggressive.