Chapter 8

“Jennie.....Jennie.....JENNIE!!!”

Lisa quickly got up from the bed after she screaming her girlfriend name,but then Joy quickly hit Lisa’s head.Joy was startling when Lisa suddenly screamed Jennie’s name.

“What was that,Lisa?I almost got a heart attack because of you.”Joy said as she clenched her chest.

Lisa then remember that last night,she and Jennie had a date.They were sitting on a grass,gazing the star at night.They were enjoying together,chatting with each other.Lisa even proposed Jennie to marry her,but then,before Jennie answer Lisa’s proposal,Lisa got hit by a guy who was wearing a mask to cover his face.

Before Lisa started to unconscious,all Lisa could see was Jennie has been dragged to a van by a group of masked guy.

Lisa quickly grabbed Joy’s collar even though Joy didn’t do anything.Her grip was so tight that she started choking Joy.

“Where is Jennie?”Lisa said as she gritted her teeth.

“Lisa....you....c-choking me...”Joy said as she try to let Lisa’s hand go from her collar.Lisa realise what she was doing and quickly let go of Joy. “I’m sorry.....”Lisa said,then she quickly left the room.

“Lisa!”Wendy shouted Lisa’s name but Lisa just left the room without stopping. “I’m going after Lisa unnie.”Yeri quickly walk out from the room.Joy was about to do the same thing as Yeri but Wendy stopped her by grabbing Joy’s hand.Joy turned to look at Wendy to asked her to let go of her hand.Wendy refused it and shook her head.She said they should let Yeri to handle Lisa.

Joy finally give up on asking Wendy and then she sighed.She just hope that nothing happened to Yeri and also Lisa.But,she can’t stop thinking about Jennie.What was happening to Lisa’s girlfriend?

---

Lisa was caught standing on the roof,no,she was standing on the edge of the roof, intending to suicide.She can’t forgive herself for not protecting Jennie.She did promised to Jennie that she will protect her,but her promise was broken.So she decided to end her life.

Yeri have finally reached to the roof.She saw Lisa was about to jump off.She quickly run toward Lisa to stop her from doing so.

“Lisa unnie!What are you doing?Have you gone crazy!?”Yeri was shouted from the roof,till so many students in the school building could hear her voice.

“Yeri....sorry....I can’t live anymore.”Lisa said.A tear started streaming through Lisa’s cheek. Lisa was about to jump off again,but for some reason,Yeri’s body started to move and she stood on the edge of the roof together with Lisa while wrapping her arm around Lisa’s body,so that Lisa won’t jump off.

“What are you doing,Yeri?Let me go!”

“Why?Why are you doing this??”Yeri asked,still hugging Lisa,even though Lisa was trying to push Yeri to let go of her.

“How would I going to live when I can’t protect Jennie?”

Yeri widened her eyes when she heard Jennie’s name. “Did something happened to Jennie unnie?”

“Jennie....she got kidnapped by them...I can’t forgive myself for this....I’m so dumb...and I can’t even protect her....”

Hearing what Lisa said remind her back when she was in a middle school.A friend of her got died because her friend was protecting her instead of her protecting her friend.She didn’t expect Lisa is just like her.They even can’t protect someone that they loved.

Yeri was loosening her hug from Lisa.And then Lisa start to jump from the building.Yeri realised that she suddenly loosened the hug and Lisa almost going to jump off.Yeri extended her arm to held Lisa’s hand to pulled her back to the roof but then,she slipped and fell instead of Lisa who intent to jump off.

“What....?”Yeri said in a blank tone.Her facial expression was blank and her body did not move much.She doesn’t feel anything when she was falling.She felt nothing.

Her life was full of shit.She wanted to get rid of herself and her miserable life.There nothing she can do now.She going to die.She can’t escape from her death.After so long after her friend died,she can finally meet her friend soon.Her first ever friend.

“Yeri!”

When she heard Lisa shouted her name,she suddenly remember about Joy.Joy always treat her nice.And Joy always smile at her.Not only Joy,but also other Councillors.WendyMiyeon,Minnie,Soojin,Shuhua,Soyeon and even SaTzu.

She just realise she shouldn’t die yet,but she don’t know how to go back to the Student Council since she was falling down.

There was a tree with full of leaves,Yeri’s body crashed through the leaves of the tree and she eventually crashed on the bushes.

After Yeri crashed,Yeri opened her eyes.She thought that she will die from the fall.She got out from the bushes and wipe her uniform and her skirt.Luckily,Yeri is not wounded.Only there was a dirt on Yeri’s body.

“I guess I got lucky to survived  from the fall.”Yeri murmured and started walking to the Student Council room as if nothing happen to her.

Lisa,who was frightened that Yeri suddenly felt,finally sighed in relieved. She was glad that Yeri never die from the fall.If Yeri die because of her,Joy will kill her for sure.

---

-Student Council Room-

“Yeri!What happened to you?””Joy shocked when she see Yeri was covering with a dirt.

“Nothing,I just fell on the stairs.”Yeri lied.She know that if she told the truth to Joy,Joy will get panic and she will scolded Lisa for this.She know that Joy is a bit overprotective when she with Yeri.She just don’t want Yeri to get hurt.

Yeri noticed Lisa’s presence.So she asked Lisa to come in.Lisa came in to the room and suddenly bowed.She apologized to Joy everything.And she even told Joy and Yeri about Jennie and the group of masked guy.

Joy quickly stand up and punched her left palm with her right fist.She can’t forgive them for kidnapping Jennie.

“Tsk,damn.We can’t stay here like this.Yeri,go get Soyeon,Soojin and Shuhua.I have a task for Discipline Team.”Joy commanded.Yeri nodded.She was about to go when Joy called her again.

“Take Lisa with you.”

Yeri nodded once again and held Lisa’s hand. “Let’s save Jennie unnie,Lisa unnie.”Yeri said to Lisa before both of them started to leave room to get other Discipline Team members.

---

Yeri,Lisa,Soyeon,Soojin and Shuhua were at the park where Lisa last hanging out with Jennie before Jennie got kidnapped. “Shuhua.”Soyeon called Shuhua.Shuhua nodded and pass some equipment to Soyeon.

Soyeon started to use the equipment and she was wiping the grass with the equipment.She was checking if there is any footprint.But unfortunately,there was no footprint.

“No good.There are no footprint.We can’t find them at this rate.”Soyeon stated the fact,making Lisa gritted her teeth and clenched her fist.Yeri put her hand on Lisa’s shoulder,to convince her that Jennie will be alright,but then Lisa slap Yeri’s hand,not letting Yeri to touch her shoulder.

Lisa still sad that she can’t protect Jennie.That make her not to forgive herself.

Yeri then saw a small badge on the ground.Yeri picked up the badge to examined it.There was a 3 big letters showing from the badge. The 3 letters is N.C.T.

“NCT...?”Yeri murmured.She heard that words before,but she couldn’t remember. “What this?”Soojin said as she took the badge from Yeri.

“That must be it!That is the clue of Jennie’s kidnapping incident!”Soojin exclaimed,making Lisa’s eyes widened. “What?Do you know where is Jennie??”Lisa asked as she quickly run toward Soojin who just found the clue.She wanted to save Jennie fast.

“Yes....NCT.....as in NCT High School.That school is the school for delinquent.”Soojin explained.

“Delinquent??This is really bad.Jennie is in danger.”Lisa said in her panic tone.She was too worried about Jennie that the kidnappers is actually a delinquents.She was afraid what will happen to Jennie if she didn’t save her fast.

“Jennie....is...”

“Lisa....”

“J-Jennie is....in...danger...”

“Lisa....”

“Jennie....“

“Lisa....”

“Jen-“

“LISA!”Soyeon suddenly slapped Lisa in her face after calling Lisa’s name several times.She doesn’t like someone to give up easily,especially when one of them got kidnapped by a group of delinquent.Soyeon is the girl who doesn’t like weakling.This is why she is the leader of Discipline Team.

“Don’t give up now.We can still save Jennie in time.”Soyeon said.

Suddenly,Soojin’s phone was ringing.She took out her phone and saw someone’s name who was calling her which make Soojin started to smile.But Shuhua knew who called Soojin,as always,Shuhua felt jealous.Her heart hurt whenever she see Soojin’s smile at her phone.

“Sorry,Soyeon.I need to go now.”Soojin said and Soyeon nodded.Soojin then started running,leaving Shuhua alone with them.Shuhua sighed while watching Soojin’s figure slowly disappear.

Yeri noticed that Shuhua was feeling upset after Soojin left.She decided to convince Shuhua that it will be alright,but then,there also Lisa were feeling upset.So she just sighed.She don’t know how to convince them anymore.

---

“NCT?”Joy exclaimed as she looking at the badge. “Yes,we saw the badge laying on the ground.Do you think the students from NCT kidnapped Jennie?”Asked Soyeon.

Joy sat back her seat,leaning on her chair and she was thinking about the kidnappers and Jennie.Since Discipline Team found NCT badge,they got a highest chance to track down the kidnappers and save Jennie quickly.

“Yuqi,can you help me searching where is the school located at?”Joy asked and threw the badge to Yuqi.Yuqi almost drop the badge but she manage to catch it. “S-sure....”

Time skip

Yuqi already found where the school is located at from the internet.She showed the laptop to Joy.Joy look at the screen and nodded as she read through the information.

“I see....I guess-“

Joy’s sentences was cutted when she heard a door click,revealing Soojin and also Hui whom most people thought he is Soojin’s boyfriend.Shuhua can’t helped but to look away from Soojin.

“Shuhua....”Soojin muttered Shuhua’s name.She knew that Shuhua doesn’t felt happy seeing Soojin always hanging out with Hui.Soojin decided to approached her but Joy stopped her when Joy suddenly spoke.

“What is it,Soojin?”

“We already know where they held Jennie as hostages.”Hui spoke,making Lisa’s eyes widened. “What?”Lisa exclaimed.

Meanwhile,Shuhua was confused.What does Hui mean they know where is Jennie?Did they worked together without telling Shuhua?She can’t stop thinking about it.The more she think,the more her heart hurting her.

“Shuhua....”Soojin murmured Shuhua’s name once again.She wanted to tell the truth to Shuhua but right now is not the right time to tell her.They need to save Jennie first.

-At abandoned warehouse-

Joy,Lisa and the Discipline Team including Yeri were outside hiding behind the bushes.There was 2 students they never recognizing were guiding in front of the warehouse.They doesn’t look like they will let Joy and her friends to pass them.

Joy then look at Soyeon who was crackling her knuckle to ready for fight.“Soyeo-“

“Tsk,I know.You,Yeri and Lisa should go inside while Soojin,Shuhua and I will be outside.”Soyeon said and Joy nodded at Soyeon’s ordered.

“Alright,be careful,you three.”Joy said.

Soyeon smirked and quickly pointed herself,looking proudly.”Don’t underestimate us.We are Discipline Team.”She said.The 3 of them then quickly ambushed the 2 students but then,instead of them ambushed the 2 students,they got ambushed by a few students that just came out from the wareware.

Soyeon clicked her tongue and raise her fist toward them,leaning her back on Soojin’s back.Soyeon glanced at Shuhua and asked her to stay with them.Shuhua nodded and held Soojin’s sleeves.She know that Soojin will protect her when she is in danger.

“Stay with me,Shuhua.”Soojin whispered to Shuhua,making her happy.She wanted to jump happily but she don’t have time to do that.She need to focus on the group of students that were in front of them.

Joy decided to help them since they are outnumberred but Soyeon stopped her.She told Joy not to worry about them,so Joy just nodded and asked Soyeon to be safe.Joy,Yeri and Lisa then entered the warehouse quickly.

“Damn,they got inside!One of students said and was about to walk in to chase them but Soyeon quickly punch him.

“I won’t let you chase them.”

---

Joy,Yeri and Lisa were running but then they confronted by another group of students again.Joy can’t helped but to click her tongue.They doesn’t have time to deal with them and they need to save Jennie fast.

“Lisa,leave them to us.You must save Jennie by your own.”Yeri suddenly spoke.

“Wae?”

“You said you broke your promise that you will protect Jennie,right?Then you should save her to make up for that.”Yeri said,in a cold tone as she quickly punch the 1st student who was started attacking Yeri.

“Yeah,Yeri is right.You better save Jennie or you will regret it.”Agreed Joy as she also punch the 2nd student hard enough to let him crash to the ground.

Without thinking of what Yeri and Joy said,Lisa quickly run away from them.Joy saw Lisa run and sighed in relieve.She hope that Lisa will save Jennie.But before she was hoping that,she need to beat the group of students here.

“Aarrr!!!”The group of students was about to attack them again,but then....

Joy and Yeri widened their eyes as they saw a familiar people kicked the group of students who was attacking them.

“Itchy??””Joy exclaimed.

“It Itzy,you know.”Chaeryeong said as she rolled her eyes to Joy.She can’t accept the fact that Joy and the Councillors keep calling them ‘Itchy’,it make them annoyed more.

Joy realise that 2 of the oldest members or in the other words,their unnies is not with them and she was questioning in her thought why Itzy help them.

“Yeji and Lia are helping your friends outside.And the reason why we help you because we want to apologise to you the other day.”Ryujin said.

“The other day?”Joy look up,trying to remember what happened to them.She then started remember something,when ITZY bullied the 2 girls.

“Oh I see...”

Yuna suddenly was about to punch Joy,Joy thought she going to die,but then her fist pass through her and her fist landed on  3rd student who going to attack Joy from behind.

Joy was about to scold Yuna for scaring her like that.She thought she going to die when Yuna raised her fist to her.But Joy was trying to cool down,she need to help to beat them,she don’t have time to scold Yuna.

Chaeryeong then told Joy and Yeri to follow Lisa.And Ryujin added that Lisa can’t handle on her own,so Joy agreed and quickly run,same with Yeri who was about to put down her fist.

---

Lisa has finally reached to the mysterious door.She felt that Jennie might be in that room.She trying to open the door the door but the door is totally locked.

She can’t think any way to open the door,so she just stand back and breath-in and out.She slowly raised her leg and quickly kick the door.

“Here I come....KICK IN THE DOOR!”Lisa said,along with the door crashing down on the ground.

When she finally destroyed the door,she saw Jennie  alone in the room,with the rope tying her arms and legs and also a tape stick on her mouth to prevent her from screaming.

“Jennie!”

“Mmm.....”Jennie was gesturing her leg,pointing behind with her eyes widened.Lisa turned around and saw a man(Taeyoung) going  to stab Lisa with the knife.She wanted to dodge but the knife was about to hit her.Lisa closed her eyes.A few seconds later,the blood landed on Lisa’s face.She doesn’t feel that she been stabbed,instead,she opened her eyes and saw Yeri.She was blocking Lisa from Taeyoung with her waist got stabbed by the knife that Taeyoung held.

“Lisa...”Yeri spoke and smile to Lisa.She was happy that Lisa is alright.She don’t want something happen to her friends.She was about to collapse when Joy caught her and shook her shoulder hard. “Yeri,are you ok?Yeri!”Joy shouted.Suddenly,she touched Yeri’s waist,she felt something watery on her hand.She look at her hand and shocked,seeing the blood.Yeri was bleeding hard.

“Yeri...why?”Yeri didn’t response as she couldn’t hear anything and her vision of Joy was blurry.

Taeyoung quickly drop his knife and was surprised what has he done to Yeri.He didn’t mean to kill her. “I...didn’t mean....it...not my fault.”Regretting what he had done,Taeyoung quickly run away.As he was about to leave the room,Soyeon punched him,making him crashed on the ground.

Soyeon,Soojin,Shuhua and ITZY already finish beating them without gettinhg any injured.When the 8 of them entered the room,they were totally shocked.The blood gushing through the ground and Yeri lying on Joy’s lap with Joy’s uniform started to stain with Yeri’s blood.

Yeri then started to close her eyes.Her body doesn’t have any energy left.Joy,who was keep calling Yeri started to cry.The tear that formed on her eyes landed on Yeri’s cheek.

“Yeri!”

To Be Continue