Chapter 15(Flashback)

-5 years ago-

Yeri POV

“Yah,Yeri,wake up.Yeri sweety,please wake up.Honey~”

Tsk,can I please sleep a little longer?My head is really heavy today.Someone was poking my cheek and I don’t care about it since I need to sleep.

Suddenly,I felt a soft lip on my cheek.I slowly opened my eyes and I saw the most beautiful girl sitting next to me who was calling me a countless time.

I slowly opened my eyes and I saw the most beautiful girl sitting next to me who was calling me a countless time

“Sorim,can I sleep just for a little while?”I asked her.Seriously this girl.Why can’t she stop disturbing my peaceful sleep.

“Yeri,you need to get up and study.”I could feel a hand lifted me up and I look at the desk and notice a pile of worksheet was on my desk.It look like I was studying for my test next week.Why would I study when my test always score higher?

“I just remember I do not need to study.The questions is so easy.”I said as I slightly smiled.

“Oh really?Can you solve this question?”She asked me.I look at the question she was pointing.The question was so easy that suddenly,a smirk formed on my face.

I actually know the formula of this.The question is:
-2x-3=4x-15
So I add 3 in front of -3 and -15 like this:
-2x-3+3=4x-15+3
And then the answer is:
-2x=4x-12

“Wow,how did you solve that?”She asked me who was amazed while clapping.I don’t know why she was amazed.The question was so easy,and even someone so stupid can answer it.

“Now you try the question.”I told her.She nodded and grabbed a pen.As soon as her pen touched the worksheet,she stopped.I was thinking why she suddenly stopped.

She look at me and suddenly,she was nervously chuckling. “How to do it again?”She asked,making me want to collapse from my seat.

“Aish,I hate teaching you all over again.”I said to her with an annoyed tone.But the truth is,I was enjoying teaching her.Seeing her confused face make me want to kiss her badly.

I held Sorim’s hand tightly and I used her pen in her hand to write the formula and the answer on the worksheet.Once I done,I stopped,still holding her hand and look up to her.I just realise my face was just 1 inch apart and it was so close.I could felt my face was heated up because of her beautiful face.

“Hey,do I look beautiful?”She asked and I don’t know what to answer her.I mean look at her,she is really beautiful.

“No.”I just lied to her coldly.She was clearly mad and pouted her lip.I found her really cute.Aigoo,who never easily fall for her anyway?

I look at my wrist watch and it show 5 pm.I remember Sorim curfew time is 6 pm.I got up from my seat and told her that it time for us to go home and of course I’m going to walk her home.I can’t possibly let her walk alone.

While walking,we were chit-chatting something. It was fun to chit-chat with her.

“Yeri,what do you want to do when you turn 20?”

What I want to do when I turn 20?This is really hard question to answer.To be honest,I want to be with Sorim forever.I don’t know when the right time to confess to her.Should I confess her later?What if she reject me?

“Yeri?”

I quickly shook my head when Sorim called me.After a few minutes of thinking,I decided to answer her.

“Well,I would want to try drinking alcohol.”That the only thing I can answer.Sorim then chuckled.Her chuckled was like a music through my ear.I could listen to her chuckled forever.

“Are you sure that the only thing you want to do when you turn 20?”She asked and I just nod. “Come on,is there anything you want to do other than that?”She asked again.

Aish,can she stop asking that kind of question?I don’t know what to answer to her since I don’t really plan my career yet and I only want to be her girlfriend but I don’t know when the right time to ask her that.

“Well,when I turn 20,I want to marry with my crush and have some kids.”I answered.She suddenly poked my cheek,making my face all heat up.

“I see....whoever is your crush is the luckiest to have you.After all you are helpful,kind,friendly and smart.”Sorim said.She was sounding very sad than I thought...or is it just my imagination?

“What about you?”I asked her back,hoping she can answer it.She look at me in the eye and smiled.Her smile though...she is so beautiful when she smile.I could be melted by her smile alone.

“I want to take a driving license.”She answered and I laugh.

Is she serious to get a driving license?She look like the type of person who can’t actually drive.

“Yah!Why are you laughing?”

“Are you sure you want to take a driving license?What if your car crashed to the ocean while you were driving through the highway.”I joked,hoping to see her reaction.She suddenly hit my back lightly with her arm and it felt good,hitting by my long time crush.I really love to tease her.She is so cute whenever she mad.

We finally reached to her house and we bid goodbye.When I was about to go,Sorim suddenly held my wrist,making me to look at her.She was pouting her lip with her eyes look at differently,telling me to kiss her on her cheek.

I slowly pecked on her cheek and told her that we meet tomorrow.She then went inside.After she went in,I started walking away to my house.

-Kang’s Mansion-

I was alone in my home.Seulgi appa and Irene eomma were working night shift again,which mean I’m going to stay alone at night.This is why I hate to go home.

Ever since I met Sorim,my life has changed.I became happier.And also,I almost forgot to video call Rosie.She asked me to video call her,so I don’t know why is she want to video call me.

I take out my laptop and I go to skype.I pressed Rosie’s contact and then the video of her appeared on my laptop.

“Yo,Rosie.”I greeted her using our usually swag pose.She did the same.We both then laughed and talk about our school.It been 2 years since I left England and I never get to see her a lot.And also,Rosè told me that once she gathering some money,she want to go to South Korea to study here and I kind of looking forward to it.

“So Yerimie,when are you going to ask her out?”She asked me and yes,I told her everything about Sorim.

I then knocked my head on my study desk.I still don’t know when is the right time to ask her out.

“You better ask her right now before someone get her.”

Aish,can she just wait?No one will get her before me.I mean she is indeed attractive and everyone admire her because of her beauty,but...if there some people who ask her out,I just threaten them.Yeah,just threaten them.I don’t want them to get close to my Sorim.

A few hours of video calling with Rosè,I decided to end the call and went to bed.I wrapped my blanket around me,still thinking whether I should confess her tomorrow.Like Rosie said,I need to get her fast.

The next day,I woke up.I took a bath and ate my breakfast.After I get ready for school,I went to Sorim’s house.As always,I need to pick her from her house.I don’t know why but it became my habit already.

I was waiting for her outside her house and started playing my phone when suddenly,my vision black out.I was panicked at first but when I feel those hands on my eyes,I felt calm.

“Guess who?”I heard the voice that I always wanted to hear.I smiled a bit and took her soft hands off my face.I turned around to her and saw her softly chuckled.

“Sorim,you make me scared.I could jump out if you do that again.”I said.She then scratched her nape and apologized to me playfully.

I was about to go to school but Sorim suddenly held my wrist.I look at her while furrowing my eyebrow,asking her why suddenly she stopped me.

“I don’t think I have a mood to go to school today.Can we just skip school today and hanging out together?”She asked.

I never really skip school before but I never hanging out with Sorim before too.But it might be a great chance for me to tell her my feeling.

“Sure.”I replied to her as I nodded.She smiled and quickly dragged me to somewhere.I don’t know where she is dragging me,but I am happy.I just want to be with her after all.

-Amusement Park-

We both arrived at the amusement park.There were some games at the booths,so we went to one of the booths which is the shooting game.

If I shoot one of the item,we will get them as a prize.I look at Sorim.Sorim wanted to get that stuffed toy,so I help her.

I pointed the gun at the stuffed toy that Sorim want.I pull the trigger to shoot it,but it missed it.I tried again,but again it missed it.One more bullet and that’s it.I might lost.I sighed as I was about to give up.

“Yeri.”I look at Sorim who was calling me.

Suddenly,she whispered something to my ear.I could feel her breath hit through my ear.I smiled after she whispering something to me.I then look at the stuffed toy and pointed it with the gun.I take a deep breath and then,I shoot it.

The bullet managed to hit the stuffed toy and dropped it from the shelves.The owner of the booth gave me the stuffed toy.

I then gave it to Sorim since she the one who wanted it so bad.

“So,what is my reward of getting you the stuffed toy you want?”I asked her.Before I managed to shoot it,she actually whispered to me that if I can shoot the stuffed toy,I will get the reward from her.So I was thinking what reward she would like to give me.

If can,I would like her to buy me banana roti.Banana roti as a reward is the best😋

Sorim was smiling and suddenly,she kissed me on my cheek. “That is the reward.Thank you,Yeri.”She said as she walk away.After she walk away,my cheek is burning.What was that all about?Did she kissed me?Is she really like me?

“Yeri,what are you doing?Let’s go.We need to try a few rides.”

Aish,this girl.I guess I have no choice but to go with her.

We took a few rides.First was a roller coaster.The roller coaster was so damn fast that I could scream without stopping.Second was a pirate boat ride.Like the previous ride,I keep screaming till I lost my voice.

After the ride finally ended,I decided to take a break because I was screaming a lot and I need to drink a water to make my throat feel fresh after screaming through my lung.

Sorim was just pouted her lip.I do admit that she is cute but being cute doesn’t work on me.I just rolled my eyes to her.

I then told her that she should go and take some ride first.She nodded and decided to ride on merry-go-round.

While she was riding on one of the horses of the merry-go-round,I was watching her.She look happy though.The way she smile is so beautiful.

“Yeri!Come here!”She was gesturing me to come to her but I just shook my head while smiling to her. I rather not ride anymore rides.

Time skip

Before we go home,we ride a ferris wheel.We were sitting in one of the carriages alone.

It is currently a night time,we could see a star clearly from the way up here.

I actually have a phobia with height but when Sorim is with me,I will forget my phobia.

Since I am alone with Sorim now,should I confess my feeling to her?I need to get her before someone get her.

I look at her,thinking when is the right time to confess to her.My mind said I need to confess to her quick,but my brain said no,because she might reject me.

“Yeri,I know we have been friend for so long,but...”

Sorim....is she also has the same feeling as me?

“I think we need to become more than friends.”

Sorim....

“We can be best friends if you want.”

When she said that,I was looking down.I was hoping that she has the same feeling as me.I guess she’s not.

“If you want that,then we can be best friends.”I lied to her.My heart was still aching and I can’t stop clenching my fist.

An hour later,it time for us to go home.I decided to walk home with Sorim.The walk became quiet.

I was thinking what happened with Sorim?She suddenly became quiet.I never see this side of Sorim before.She was usually bright and always talk a lot,but she was different now.She was even gritted her teeths.

“Yeri,what if you lose someone that you loved?”She suddenly broke the silent with the question,but then,without thinking much,I answered. “I will be sad of course”I said as I give her my faint smile.

“I see...if I lose someone that I loved,I want to turn back time.”She said.

Hm?I was wondering why is she asking me this weird question?If I lose someone I loved,If I lose Sorim,I can’t live any longer.She is the reason why I still living till now.

“Yeri.”She suddenly turned around,making me look confused.

Suddenly,there was a masked guy appeared out of nowhere.He was carrying....a knife?

Oh shit,he running toward me with that knife.I quickly close my eyes as I thought I’m going to die.

A few seconds later,I could felt a soft lip touched mine.I slowly opened my eyes,my vision was showing Sorim’s face.She broke the kiss from me and smiled. “Yeri,I’m sorry I can’t tell you earlier.I actually...love you.”

Sorim....

Sorim suddenly collapse and I quickly caught her before her body touch the ground.I could felt something watery on her back,I look at my hand and it was her blood.She was stabbed by the masked guy,but the masked guy already ran away.

My leg feel weak and I collapse,still holding on Sorim.My tear was streaming through my cheek and touched Sorim’s face.

“Sorim....why did you need to leave me!?”

To be continue