Prologue: The Ones Within-Genome

It was Friday afternoon meaning there was no school tomorrow. Soraru happily sighed as he walked home knowing he could play games the whole weekend with no one there to scold him because he lived alone in an apartment.

Recently, there was a new game that he started playing called The Ones Within Genome. It was a quite convenient game with all genres making it famous for many let's players.

Although there was a rumor that some players disappeared before finishing the game but he didn't care. There was no way that it was because of the game. Everyone was just too paranoid.

Soraru swiftly took out his keys and opened the door. After he grabbed a bag of chips and a bottle of cola upstairs he turned his computer on.

"Hello everyone. This is Soraru. This will be part 53 of The Ones Within Genome. Thanks to this game the viewers have increased so thanks for watching up till now.", Soraru started his stream. He was about to continue his game then a site popped out all of a sudden. "What is this?".

"Congratulations!
We are offering you, a charismatic uploader that we've chosen to play in the closed beta of "The Ones Within Genome". Furthermore, this privilege cannot be rejected or transferred. We look forward to meeting you!"

"Woah. Thank you as well. I'm honored to play this. Then we should play it now...", Soraru said as he clicked to continue to play it but before he could even see its content everything went black.

When Soraru opened his eyes again he was surrounded by trees. Not believing it he sat up and looked around but he was indeed not dreaming after confirming it by pinching himself.

He was in a forest even if he was in his room just now playing his game. He was about to stand up when he noticed a boy lying next to him. He had white hair and laid there unconscious.

"Oi. Wake up.", Soraru said shaking the boy slightly. When the boy didn't make an attempt to wake up Soraru decided to check his pulse by laying his head on his chest to check if his heart was still beating.

It was beating steadily and he sighed out in relief until the beating suddenly fastened its pace.

Confused Soraru lifted his head to see the boy awake with wide ruby eyes and a blushing face which was so red that it was almost as bright as his beautiful eyes. Soraru quickly shook off that thought and kept his face straight.

"So you are finally awake. Took you long enough.", he complained. "Wh-what were you doing?", the boy asked him.

Soraru realized that it was pretty confusing waking up with another person laying their head on your chest so he decided to explain.

"You were sleeping next to me when I woke up but didn't wake up even after I tried to wake you up so I decided to check your pulse by listening if you still had a heartbeat.", Soraru explained already tired of everything here.

"So that's what you did! Thank you for staying here until I woke up!", he thanked him.

"It's fine. Do you know by any case where we are?", Soraru asked. "No... I was hoping you could answer me that. And why am I wearing a school uniform? I swear I was in my pyjama when I played the game. But this is pretty comfy as well...", the white-haired boy twirled around looking at his uniform and Soraru noticed that he did as well.

"Creepy. Anyway, do you remember anything before you woke up here?", Soraru asked him. "I only remember that I played a game and suddenly I blacked out while playing it... I was so close to finishing it, too!", he pouted and Soraru found that gesture to be cute but he put his thoughts to the situation right now instead.