Chapter 33: He was a small child

"Most likely... Retrodot, Paca and the others already noticed us.

And the fact that he let us means that there has to be a reason behind it.", Luz said. "A reason?", Soraru asked raising his eyebrow.

"For example, and this is just an example, the thing about the views and the white room, their real purpose. What if they're just here to keep us here forever?", Luz asked.

"Keep us here forever... why do you think that?", Soraru asked.

"I don't know... Nqrse once told me that there was a ghost of a dead woman residing here... but because he just heard it from his friend and that friend apparently was really stressed out, I didn't really believe it.

You know when people who are shaken would sometimes see things and freak out over nothing? However... when I was alone I really regretted that.", Luz said as he remembered the blonde girl with burned skin in front of him.

"I don't know if I can call that a ghost but... there is for certain someone in here. And sometimes when I go underground...

I hear cries getting closer and closer. To tell you the truth, Paca, someone like Retrodot suddenly came underground so I figured that he knew we were here and honestly... I am really scared.", Luz confessed frowning as he gripped his fists together.

"If this goes on then Nqrse and Sou are going to be in danger. For three years, I was the one who insisted on staying here because honestly, Nqrse almost gave up already but I saw that he really wanted to see his friend again.

I don't care what happens to me but... they have to get back home. No matter what I have to do. No matter what.", Luz said determined.

"Luz...", Soraru didn't know what to say as he could only give Luz a pitying look.

"W-wha—", Amatsuki looked at the doll in his hand which started shaking before the electricity suddenly went off. Luz put the lighter on as he walked towards the two.

"Are you guys alright?", Luz asked and Soraru nodded as they both looked at Amatsuki crouching on the floor.

"Begone demon. Begone begone begone begone begone.", Amatsuki said repeatedly as Soraru nodded. "Yeah, we're fine.", Soraru confirmed. "Strange... the blackout should be only above and not here...", Luz said as Soraru looked around. "Where is the doll?".

Soraru asked as he saw Amatsuki lying on the floor and stretching his hand somewhere.

"Sorry, it's here.", Amatsuki said as he grabbed the doll. He just grabbed it and got out of the narrow space again when he noticed a figure standing above him. Confused he looked up to see someone standing there.

He widened his eyes as he almost let the doll fall when he recognized the figure. It was a blonde girl with burned skin standing there.

He quickly scrambled to the others as he hugged Soraru's leg. Soraru flinched and looked down questioning at Amatsuki.

"...And what are you doing right now? Did something happen?", Soraru asked as Amatsuki tried his best to form a whole sentence.

"A-a-a ghost is t-there!", Amatsuki said pointing behind them as Soraru and Luz turned around to see nothing. "There is... no one.", Soraru stated as he walked further away to see if there was someone. "Are you sure you didn't imagine it?", Soraru asked when he still didn't find anyone.

"Yes, I am! There was someone there w-with long blonde hair and black burned skin... j-just like that girl in the classroom!", Amatsuki said as he described her. Luz widened his eyes as he put his hands on Amatsuki's shoulder.