Chapter 23: Cherry Blossoms

"Flower viewing?", Soraru asked looking up from his book as Mafumafu nodded. "It's spring already and the cherry blossom trees are going to be in full bloom today. I think we should use that opportunity to enjoy the view!", Mafumafu said as Soraru just hummed continuing reading his book.

Mafumafu pouted at this as he walked to Soraru poking him several times. "Soraru-san? So-ra-ru-san! Let's go flower viewing with everyone!", Mafumafu said still poking Soraru's cheek.

Soraru tried his best to ignore him but then grew annoyed of the constant poking and just sighed before looking up from his book.

"Fine, if you manage to persuade everyone then we can go flower viewing together.", Soraru said as his eyes went back to his book. Mafumafu smiled and nodded as he skipped outside.

"Ok, then I'll convince everyone. You better come with us when I do.", Mafumafu said as Soraru just nodded waving. "Sure...", Soraru said not paying attention to the albino anymore.

"Yay! You promised~", Mafumafu said before exiting Soraru's room.

Later
"How did you even manage to convince everyone?", Soraru asked as he looked at Mafumafu lying on the blanket laid down on the ground. Mafumafu simply ignored what Soraru said as he enjoyed the light wind breeze blowing and the cherry blossom petals falling.

"It's so nice and beautiful... You know what they say, the first bloom of sakura indicate a new beginning!", Mafumafu said as he had his eyes closed. "Yeah, we get it already.

You could totally become a poet.", Soraru said sarcastically as Mafumafu opened his eyes and immediately sat up. "Really?

Wow, am I that talented?", Mafumafu asked himself as Soraru just stared at him with blank eyes while the others laughed at that.

"Anyways, let's put the food out. I'm hungry!", Sakata said as Urata sighed. "Of course it's the food you first think about...", Urata said but still helped to unpack.

"You say that as if food is the only thing I ever talk about.", Sakata pouted as Amatsuki and Kashitaro helped putting out the food.

They all sat down and took their plates before grabbing the food they wanted from the lunch boxes Amatsuki prepared.

"Hmm! Ama-chan's food is the best!", Mafumafu said swooning as he picked himself some more food. Soraru nodded in agreement as he bit into the onigiri. "You really are good at cooking.", Soraru agreed as he took another bite.

"T-thanks, Mafu-kun and Soraru-san.", Amatsuki thanked bashfully as Kashitaro put an arm around him smiling proudly.

"My Amatsuki has always been a good cook! He'll be a good parent someday!", he said as Amatsuki blushed pushing him away.

"Since when was I yours?!", Amatsuki asked as Kashitaro tilted his head questioning. "I thought since we were doing our first collab.", Kashitaro said as the others just laughed at their interaction. Urata looked up at the sakura trees as he frowned slightly. It reminds me of that day...

I don't know what I should feel seeing those petals fall. Urata thought as he felt someone leaning against him turning around to see Shima.

"Stop looking so depressed! Here, have some sweet sake!", Shima said as he held some out to Urata who tried to push Shima away.

Because both of them were strong no one really budged as Sakata and Senra just watched them smiling and laughing.

"Amatsuki-onii-chan!", a female voice called out to them and Amatsuki turned towards the voice to see a small girl with pigtails holding a teru teru bozu doll standing there waving at them.