Chapter 7: Gambler's Skill

"Stage 5: The Mafia's Casino. To clear this stage you'll first gather money on your own. You can walk around freely in here and play games. Your money will be placed with chips. Each of you gets 100 chips in the beginning with one of them being worth 10.000 dollars. The goal of this stage is to win against the mafia boss using all the money you have at that point.", Retrodot explained.

"Woah. These chips are so much worth? I could buy so much with that! Like hundreds of Mafuterus.", Mafumafu imagined himself with those Mafuterus. "Those chips are more worthy than our lives.", Soraru said as he looked at them.

"That is not true. You have much worth in yourselves. Your lives are more worthy than those chips.", Retrodot said attempting to console Soraru. "Thanks I guess.", Soraru thanked him.

"If you want to look up the rules again then please do so with these pamphlets. Then let Stage 5: The Mafia's Casino begin.", Retrodot said.

"Soraru-san, do you want to go and play some games with me?", Mafumafu asked him.

"Sure. I will go with you. Let me just look something up real quick.", Soraru said as he looked at the rules one more time.

Rules of the Casino:
1. Disputes are being resolved through games
2. In games, each player will bet money in many forms like of chips
3. The rules will be talked through beforehand before every parties accepts
4. Being caught cheating will be instant loss
5. The player caught cheating will have to give the finder the double amount of their loss
6. Betting can be in any form as long as it has enough worth

Soraru and Mafumafu went to look around. "You two guys. Would you care for a round of Blackjack?", a woman in a with a black blazer and black skirt asked. "Sure why not?", they shrugged as they both sat down on a chair.

"Do you want me to explain the rules or are you familiar with Blackjack?", she asked them. "I understand them. What about you, Mafu?", Soraru turned to Mafumafu who shook his head.

"Very well. I shall explain it to you then. In Blackjack there is one dealer and, in this case right now, two players. I will shuffle these cards and hand each of you two cards.

I will have two cards as well. One of them will be open like this and the other one will be turned around. You as a player can demand for more cards. Cards from 2 to 10 will count as those numbers. Jack, Queen and King will count as a ten as well. The Ace can count as a one or a eleven.

That is up to you. Your goal is to have a higher sum than me, the dealer. But you mustn't have a higher sum than 21. If you do then that's called a bust. If you do then you lose automatically.

But if you have an ace plus a ten, jack, Queen or King then you have a Blackjack and win as long as I don't have one as well. It's a 2:1 game.

If you lose you will give me your bet but if you win you win the double amount of your bet.", she finished explaining.

"Do you understand the rules?", she asked and after Mafumafu nodded she smiled.

"Good. Then let's place our bets.", she said as she placed 10 chips. A monitor showed that she just bet 100.000 dollars. Mafumafu saw that and placed 10 chips on the desk as well.

"Then what would you like to bet...". "Soraru. And that is Mafumafu.", Soraru gave her their names. "Soraru-sama. How much would you like to bet?", she asked me as she smiled.

He placed 10 chips as well as she smiled at them. Mafumafu looked at his two cards which were a king of hearts and the nine of spades.

He shook his head signaling he didn't need anymore cards. Soraru had the ten of cloves and the two of diamonds. He took another card which was the queen of diamonds. The dealer turned her card around showing she had a sum of 19.