• Two •

_____

_____

Aurora POV

I stood outside on the porch of the house with my family, waiting for the taxi to arrive.

Today marked the day that another student would be staying with us.

In the past years of lending a room in our house for a student guest, I would attempt to guess which country they came from- Without knowing their name to make the game that much harder.

My knowing parents always received the students' information provided by the college and kept it a game for me to guess this as they giggled amongst themselves at my wrong answers.

"So, gimme a country." My dad nudged me with a soft smile.

"Hmm... Singapore? Or maybe Hungary? South Africa?" My dad's amused face, of course, made me cringe at my answers. "Gah I'm not right, am I?"

He just shakes his head. "Think farther East. You're too West."

"Ummm India again? Vietnam? Korea?"

Dad shrugs indifferently this time. "We'll see..."

A few minutes later, a taxi approached our house and then turned into our newly-paved driveway. Waiting, my heart beats quicker in anticipation. The enjoyment of my life for the next three months was in this mystery person's hands.

The car's backseat door closest to us clicked open and a blond-haired boy steps out. He glances at my parents and I with a tired, but cheery smile as he closes the car door and makes his way to the trunk to retrieve his bags.

I smiled to myself after getting a quick peek of the guy's face. Hmm maybe I was right about the country in one of my guesses.

"We're going to go heat up dinner. Show him around for us, yes?" My mom asked as my father stepped back into the house.

I nodded and stood alone, hands clasped together in front as I rocked back and forth on my feet.

The man bowed at the car as it pulled out and away back into the street. He turned and walked towards me with his luggage rolling behind him. I smiled and prepared for his potential accent speaking English.

He stops just below the stairs and let go of the handle on one of his bags to hold his hand out to me. "Hello I am Hongjoong and I will be.. um.. here for three months with you all." He let out a nervous chuckle as I took his hand.

"I am Aurora and we are very happy to have you...Hongjoong?"

"Yes, yes Hongjoong." He eye smiles.

"Okay, let me take you to your room. May I help you with your bags? You must be tired."

"Ah no. Don't worry." He reassured retracting his hand from mine and grasping the handle of the bag I was assuming to take.

I nod. "Well come in and I will show you your room."

"Okay. Thank you so much." Hongjoong pulls his luggage along with him as he steps up the stairs and enters his home for the next three months.

✨🖤~🏴‍☠️~🖤✨