• Eight •

_____

_____

Aurora POV

For the past few days, Hongjoong has reassured me multiple times that our friendship will stay strong and nothing will be there to end it even once we increase the distance from one another.

"Show me around the city today?" Hongjoong asked me at breakfast, dipping his spoon into his cereal bowl and watching me for my answer.

I bite back a big smile, staring at the few clusters of cereal pieces still in my own bowl and pretend to be in thought before raising my head again. "I'd love to. Anything in particular you want to see?"

"Any art museums or parks of recreation is nice."

"That makes sense. Well, I know some around here we can go to."

"Amazing. Let's go...after breakfast?"

"Mm alright."

I eat my last spoonful of cereal and am about to stand from the table when I notice Hongjoong looking at me. I raise my eyebrows in surprise. "Is something wrong?"

"No, no you just.. really are pretty today~"

My heart loses its steady beat as I repeat his words quickly in my head, cheeks flushing in the process. "I-I um, y-you know, always look like this in the morning."

Hongjoong seems to observantly look me up and down. He eyes my oversized shirt with a faded brand logo printed on it, my black sweatpants, and my socks which had different designs and colors than the other, which clearly suggested I grabbed whatever socks I could find before hurrying downstairs for breakfast. He shrugs with a soft smile. "I like you this way."

I blink a couple times. I never was commented on like that. "Thank you... Same to you, you're handsome in the morning," I stood fully and went around my seat, pushing in my chair, but stayed and returned my gaze to the foreign student. "and don't let anyone tell you otherwise, okay?"

He lets out a cheery laugh and nods with the prettiest smile imaginable. His eyes had turned to mere crescents, the orbs within them shining brighter than the rising sun. His teeth, literally as white as the pearls stored in my jewelry box, all wrapped within stretching pink lips. "O-Okay, thank you so much~ You just make me really happy."

**Time Skip**

We arrived at the local art museum first. Supposedly, I had been here before, as told by my parents, but I seize to remember it. I was young. Maybe three-years-old.

Hongjoong and I stopped at many cool exhibits thanks to the knowledgeable tour guide leading us around.

As we stop at another exhibit, Hongjoong suddenly takes out a pen and small notebook from his pocket. Nosily, I peek over. I spot Korean characters - no no, words - being written down on a blank page. Then, small drawings being doodled at the bottom of the page.

"Are you being inspired?" I ask.

He looks up at me with a soft smile. "Mm, there are many themes I'm getting from the art here. Some bright, beautiful, joyful, and others gloomy, unsettling, and dark."

"I think I get it. Something to do with the color wheel in... What is it? It has something to do with music..."

"Music theory. Yeah, each color has a certain relationship with another. Usually colors in a work of art go together visually in harmony, but you may have noticed some paintings have a 'disorganized' appeal."

Aurora briefly recalls the paintings they have looked at so far. "Right, of course~"

"And based on the colors, prints, textures- the actual picture of these artworks, I can start to make lyrics," Hongjoong points to the stanzas he wrote rather neatly from the look of it. "and establish melodies I might want to use." He points at the pictures at the bottom. I bow my head down closer to see that the tiny drawings I saw earlier actually contained names of notes circled: ⒺⒺⒺⒻ ⒹⒹⒹⒹⒶ ⒶⒼ

Aurora goes wide eyed at the page of inspired ideas. "Woah. This is so amazing. Please, be even more inspired because this is awesome!" Aurora sees the tour guide got a little far ahead during her conversation with Hongjoong. "Come on before we get left behind~" She pulls him with her by his free hand and Hongjoong clumsily stumbles forward, but catches himself and catches up to her speedy gait.

✨🖤~🏴‍☠️~🖤✨