• Ten •

_____

_____

Aurora POV

So, Hongjoong caught me. I underestimated his stamina terribly. I really thought that since he is a music student that he wouldn't be very athletic. If you were to count to ten right now— That's the short amount of time it takes to catch up to me. It should really be a statistic: "Every ten seconds an Aurora is caught by a wild Hongjoong." Sigh.

But no! I was calm as Hongjoong taught me all he knew from Seonghwa so that I could pose perfectly fine for the photos he took.

After my mini photo session, I watched as Hongjoong scrolled through his camera roll. My pictures actually turned out pretty good. "Ah, thank you Seonghwa!!" I called out spiritually.

"You're welcome!!" Hongjoong seemed to impersonate his friend's slightly lower voice.

I laugh and slap Hongjoong's arm. "Oh my gosh I was talking to SEONGHWA, not you."

"Ah ah! Okay, I'll call him later and tell him you said that." I playfully glare at the boy. "I promise!" He claimed looking a bit intimidated by me.

My eyes soften and I chuckle. "Good." A familiar melody rings in my ears and not too far in the distance is an ice cream truck. "Should we get ice cream?"

"Wait~" Hongjoong presses a few buttons readying the camera to take a picture of the ice cream truck. Snapping the picture he smiles. "I've never seen an ice cream truck in real life before.."

"Aww, that's right. But Hongjoong if we don't hurry, it's going to drive away. Look! The last two kids over there are getting their ice cream!"

"Mm? Uh oh!"

I laugh at his super cute realization and pull him quickly along towards the truck.

Hongjoong POV

Wow, ice cream trucks look so cool in person. I mean it has pretty stickers of ice cream on it and a tune playing that I've definitely heard from an American movie.

The kid in front of me runs away with his ice cream towards his friends already across the street making me next in line to buy ice cream. "Hello! The Despicable Me minion one, please!"

"A dollar seventy-five."

Aurora gives a few dollars to the seller. "We're together."

The person nods and Aurora picks out a vanilla ice cream drumstick. After she gets her change, we walk over to a shaded table area to sit and eat our ice cream.

I pull the wrapper away from my popsicle and give it a small experimental bite. It's quite tasty.

"A minion popsicle, hm?" I hear the girl sitting across from me say licking her own ice cream.

I smile and nod. "I like minions. They are my favorite animated characters."

Her eyebrows raise at my reply. "Ohh, I would have never guessed. What about from Korea?"

"Growing up I watched Korean children's cartoons a lot, but then my passion for music grew so I didn't look at them as much." I hold up my popsicle and serenade it with my next words. "Somewhere along the way, I became fond of minions."

Aurora sighs smiling. "We can watch the Despicable Me movies later if you'd like. I believe I have the DVDs~"

My eyes widen and look back at Aurora. "Really?! You do?! We can?!"

"Yep! After we finish here we can go watch them, unless there is anywhere else you want to go today."

"No it's okay, I want to watch the movies with you!"

"Sounds like a fun plan, Hongjoong."

✨🖤~🏴‍☠️~🖤✨