• Five •

_____

_____

Hongjoong POV

I had a rough time falling back asleep. Turns out I was in Aurora's room, talking with her at about 4:30am. I guess Americans have late nights too.

By now it was light out, 8:48am to be exact. Today would be my first chance to eat American style breakfast. No kimchi today~

I sat up in the bed and looked over at the picture Aurora gave me, in the sleeve of my binder propped up against the lamp.

She did a really nice job. Her hand made swift movements with the colored pencil, so delicate. She must be an artist.

I would have thought more about last night, but I began to smell food from the kitchen, incentivizing me to go downstairs.

I was met with the parents I was staying with. "Hello ma'am, sir, I am Hongjoong. I... believe we did not meet yesterday. I am sorry for missing dinner."

"No worries Hongjoong. Regardless we are more than happy to encourage your study abroad here. Come sit, breakfast is ready." The mom guided me to a chair in which I sat.

The mother then hugs the father's waist at the stove. "Honey, I'm going to make sure Aurora's attire is set for her job interview today."

The couple share a quick kiss and the woman hurries off, out of the room.

Job interview huh? I wonder what for.

"Alright Hongjoong, here we have some eggs, bacon, and french toast, a classic American favorite of assortments." The dad informs setting the plate down in front of me.

"Wow thank you! I will eat it well." The man nods and returns to the stove.

I begin to eat when I hear chatter from upstairs and look towards the staircase. "Mom it's way too early~ It's not until noon." I hear Aurora whine.

Really, she is adorable...

"Sweetie, I don't want you to end up rushing out the door. You need to be there before noon. Now go eat breakfast. Hongjoong is waiting."

Am I now? Hehe...

There is silence. Then a groan from Aurora. "I'll be down in five."

I laugh to myself and turn my head to see Aurora's dad smirking slightly at me before saying anything. "Kids, right?"

"Yes yes.." I eat a fork full of eggs slightly embarrassed that the father caught my eavesdropping.

"Ah, loosen up boy. I'm just messing with you." He pats my back and I let out a sheepish laugh.

"Yes sir, of course."

Aurora POV

My mom can be so extra sometimes, especially, coincidentally, on days where I barely get a wink of shut eye. Today's wake up call made sense nonetheless. I just hoped she would had given me like twenty more minutes.

I rolled out of bed crying inside at the removal of warmth and the invitation of the slight cold. I put my hair up with a lone hair tie I found on my nightstand and went downstairs for breakfast. Hongjoong sat in his chair looking shyer than usual. What has my dad done this time?

Hongjoong raises his head probably having heard my footsteps and gives me a warm smile. "Good morning Aurora~"

"Good morning Hongjoong~ Is the food good?"

"Yes, really delicious!"

I blush once more at his cuteness that never seems to fade as I got my serving of breakfast and sat in front of the boy.

"So are you going on the tour bus today?" I asked before taking a bite of french toast.

Hongjoong nodded quickly. "Yes, I will this afternoon." He eats a strip of bacon smiling as he chewed and swallowed. "How about you? I think I heard that you have a job interview?"

Oh- Did he really hear the conversation with my mother? Ahhh I'm literal cringe in the morning. Ew.

I tucked a piece of hair I managed to leave out of my lazy ponytail behind my ear. "Oh um yeah. I have a job interview to become a flight attendant."

Hongjoong's eyes widen. "A flight attendant?! 와아아~~ So amazing."

"Yes, I want to fly around the world and go to many places."

"오오오~ Well good luck. Send postcards from every place to me."

Gosh, it has only been a day and it feels like we are close friends.

"I would love to, Hongjoong. Let's keep in touch." I rubbed my bare feet together under the table becoming shy.

Hongjoong smiles at this as he finishes his french toast. "Of course. You are the best, Aurora."

My blush was definitely evident now if it wasn't before. To my disadvantage, Hongjoong picked up on this and used it to his advantage.

He leaned over the table and got close to my face. "You look super cute in pink~" He said referring to my cheeks.

He got up and placed his plate into the sink and, turning into the biggest, silliest brat, smiled and waved passing by me to go up the stairs.

✨🖤~🏴‍☠️~🖤✨