• Six •

_____

_____

Aurora POV

The job interview went very well! They even told me onsite that I made it into the position!

It seriously is a dream come true. The thought of traveling the world brings me pure joy. I drove myself home rethinking of all the possibilities to come doing my job. Trips to South America, Africa, Europe, Asia, not Antartica, but the four other continents were perfect.

I pulled into the garage of the house and quickly got out to deliver the news. I was met with my mom who was already in the midst of cooking dinner. "Mom, I have some news." I said trying to sound neutral.

"How did it go sweetheart?" She asked turning from the counter to face me.

My lips trembled with the words until they came out. "I GOT THE JOB!!!" I jumped up and down and hugged my mother, my inspiration for helping me deeply consider the career.

She held me in her arms tight and smiled. "I knew you would. You're my talented baby."

Normally I would cringe but my emotions didn't allow that as I continued hugging her. "I will get my flight training schedule by email. They specifically said in a few days, after some other people do their interviews."

"That's truly wonderful Aurora. You see what I'm making too though, right?"

I peer over my mom's shoulder. "Ooh my favorite! Okay okay let me get into some comfortable clothes for dinner." I start to run off, but then stop myself. "Wait. Is dad here? Hongjoong?"

"Dad is working overtime tonight. He couldn't let go of the work load. And Hongjoong is in his room."

"Alright." I then run up the stairs and to Hongjoong's room. I knock, maybe a little harder than I meant to.

"C-Come in!" I heard from the inside. Yep, I think I startled him. Whoops.

I opened the door and saw Hongjoong sitting in the chair at his desk, looking down at the papers in his binder. "I'll be quick— Guess what!"

"Did they accept you?" Hongjoong whirled around in his chair to face me.

"Yes!!!" I exclaimed running over to Hongjoong, as he stood from his chair, and giving him a big hug. "I did it Hongjoong. I really did it."

He rubbed my back before wrapping his arms strongly around me. "I never had doubts."

"Why is that?" I asked interested in his own reasoning.

"Your personality is good for the job and... You make pretty flight attendant."

I blush again. Luckily this time he couldn't see. "I never asked, but what do you want to be after college?" I wondered.

"A songwriter and composer. Seeing the world and experiencing life inspires my music ideas, so that is why I decided to come here."

That answer was very unexpected, but also very cool. I thought he would say for an International Relations major or to get better at the English language, which he was very good at already.

I pull away slightly from him to see his face, making sure he was serious. He was, his lips fondly curled at the corners. "That's super cool, Hongjoong. I admire your choice a lot."

He raises his eyebrows. "Really? I had been told that it was a waste of time. I almost missed sign ups to come here because of the mixed opinions around me."

I shake my head. "Your reason is unlike what I have heard before. It's actually intriguing. You will have to show me your music thought process sometime."

There was no exchange of words for a moment as the only sounds existent were the ones by my mother, transferring a frying pan to another burner to get a sauce pan started heating.

I have no idea who started leaning in first, and when, but our faces got closer at some point.

Hongjoong then abruptly let his arms free from my sides and stepped back rubbing the back of his neck. "S-Sorry Aurora. I should finish my journal entry before dinner."

I watched him return to his chair. "Yeah.. Right, that's fine." I reassured, though contradicting disappointment was in my undertone. Then I unwillingly brought myself to the bedroom door.

My hand rotated the door knob as I glanced back at Hongjoong one more time. "Sorry for keeping you distracted for so long." I left the room to change clothes like I told my mother that I would in preparation for dinner.

✨🖤~🏴‍☠️~🖤✨