• Four •

_____

_____

Hongjoong POV

I woke to darkness, my only source of light being from the lamppost right outside the house shining through the fabric curtains.

Darn. I missed dinner. They must think horribly of me now.

A blanket then tickled my Adam's apple; I noticed the cloth wrapped around me.

Aww, did they forgive me for falling asleep then? They really are looking out for me aren't they? Man was I going to like it here.

I pushed the blanket away and walked over to the wooden desk nearby. I turned on the lamp and  opened my binder, reading over my objectives for this trip:

• Take city bus to visit landmarks close by

• Interact with family I am staying with regularly

• Document experiences daily

• Make list of things I have learned

• Take pictures

I nodded to myself and decided to leave the room— Mainly to use the bathroom, but also to see if anyone was still awake.

Walking down the hallway, I notice the light on in someone's room from the bit of light shining through the cracks. "AURORA" was boldly written on a paper taped to the door in the most readable English writing I have ever seen.

I grin and knock on the door. "Come in!" I hear almost immediately. I walk in to see the girl sprawled out on her bed, seemingly drawing with music playing lowly, clearly meant to remain in the background.

"Hello um~ I just wake— woke up, haha." I said rather nervously as I leaned against the door frame.

"I see. Well you are welcome to come and sit with me. I'm not doing much so we can talk too." Aurora smiled and sat, bringing her drawing pad into her lap.

Aurora POV

I gave up on the country guessing game and my parents did, in fact, reveal that he is Korean! Ha! I was right.

Currently, I was shading in the blue part of the Korean flag sketch I made when I heard a soft knock at my door. "Come in!" I said a little quicker than I usually would to my parents.

Hongjoong came in looking well rested, but also like he just got out of bed. It was different from the previous guests to say the very least.

Long story short I sat up and he found a seat at the edge of my bed, looking curiously at the picture in my lap. "You are drawing Korean flag?" He asked as his face lit up.

I nodded blushing slightly from his cuteness. "Yes I am. You like it?"

"Of course! Thank you!" Hongjoong smiled and put a gentle hand on my shoulder, bowing his head.

"You are welcome, Hongjoong." I bit my lips and started to shade the rest of the blue in. "So how do you like it in America so far?"

"It is really beautiful... The three months here will be..mmm..precious to me."

I looked up at Hongjoong with a proud grin. "Anytime college students like you come here, I hear the similar things, yet feel so happy hearing it every time."

He smiles back and I focus on shading in the red as he asks me a question. "Have you done a trip to another country before?"

"Unfortunately not, though travel is something I want to do in the future."

"Ah, maybe Korea?" He giggles.

"Yes, I think so." I laugh as well.

"Ooh pretty laughing."

"W-What?" I question flustered. And that is when I get all blushy. And when I get blushy, I get really pink and laugh uncontrollably.

"I like your laugh." Hongjoong continued to laugh with me. "So cute."

I hide my face with the sketch pad in my hands. "No no ahaha!"

"ㅋㅋㅋ 아 어떻게~~" Hongjoong naturally slipped into Korean tongue before catching himself. "Let me see you, Aurora." Hongjoong lightly began to push the pad down from hiding my face.

Tear filled my eyes from laughing so hard and I ended up putting the sketch book down, wiping my eyes with my forearm.

Hongjoong's lips part slightly as his eyebrows furrow. "You okay?"

I smile and nod. "It's okay. I laughed so hard I cried just a little bit."

"Ahhh good."

I nodded again and ripped the flag drawing out of my sketchbook. "For you."

His eyes widened and took the drawing with a bow. "Can I have your...autograph? I don't want to forget you." He pointed to an open space on the paper.

I quickly signed my name and gave it back to him. "There~"

Hongjoong reviewed the signature and smiled. He looks back up at me. "I will keep this safe."

I acknowledge his reply with another nod and start to collect my colored pencils. "If you don't mind, I want to go to sleep now. Please talk to me again soon Hongjoong, it's nice having you."

He stands and bows once more. "You too, Aurora. Sleep well." Hongjoong leaves the room, closing the door behind him.

✨🖤~🏴‍☠️~🖤✨