• Fourteen •

_____

_____

Hongjoong POV

My time studying abroad in the States had now turned into a time to make the most of a farewell celebration for Aurora. This was no doubt an important time in her life. I was truly happy for her, and not only because she was my girlfriend now hehe.

I suggested that she took me places that were significant parts of her childhood. It would help with the last of my sightseeing and find out more about her. So that was how we were going to spend her last days leading up to training.

"What is this place?" I asked as she pulled me towards a building with kids of various ages filing in and out.

"You'll see~" Aurora had a big smirk on her face. Now I was scared.

We walk in and I immediately hear loud music and screams of all pitches. Looking around I see a bunch of trampolines lining the floor. "Aww, this is so you." I gushed placing a kiss to the back of her hand.

"An indoor trampoline park? I agree, 자기야..?" Aurora attempted at the Korean term.

My eyes widen at her first and perfect attempt. "Woah! When you learned that?"

"The night that we became official..." She says quietly before slapping my arm. "You know I do my research."

She really found out how to say 'babe'. I giggle at her shyness. "Well, 자기야, let me teach you Korean now, okay?"

"Of course Hongjoong, of course." I could see the girl bite at her lips to keep from smiling so hard when she wanted to look mad.

"Shall we get in line here?" I suggest seeing the line to buy trampoline time get longer.

"I put in reservations for us. We can go in after a quick ticket check." She winks at me.

What a versatile girl...

She starts skipping away towards the much shorter reservation line and I follow.

*Time Skip*

Aurora POV

To continue the nostalgic day, we visited my elementary, middle, and high schools. After getting to my old high school, we went to the playground nearby. Hongjoong and I swung on the swings there as I freely spoke about my past.

"It wasn't until my junior year in high school that I thought about being a flight attendant. Like I knew I enjoyed travel and taking care of others. I guess I didn't know what those traits would translate to as a job."

"Oh? What did you want to be before a flight attendant?"

"I thought maybe some sort of artist. I found myself decent at sketching specifically for a long time..."

Hongjoong nods. "The sketch you did of my flag was really perfect."

"Thanks love~" I walk my feet along the ground then put them in the air, swinging myself. "I was so confident that my future would be drawing for some company, but I eventually realized that I preferred the creativity of it to be more as a hobby."

"Mm, I understand. It sounds like you made the right choice. I think you will dedicate yourself well to your career."

"It makes me feel better that you think that way. I was honestly a bit worried when I heard that I got the job. So many people get turned away, but I was accepted. I mean I only thought of being a flight attendant for a little longer than a year. There must had been someone that dreamed of being one all their life, but got turned away because of me."

"Aurora, you reach your dream. A dream is a dream no matter how long it has been on your mind. The interviewer saw more potential in you over someone else. Don't doubt what you are capable of."

"I guess you're right. Sorry I couldn't help but have doubts."

"Mm, it happens, unfortunately." Hongjoong stops swinging, placing his feet on the mulch. "Now we go home so I can see you in your uniform?" He suggests seemingly trying to lighten up the mood.

"Okay," I get up from the swing and kiss his forehead, ruffling his hair. "let's go baby~"

✨🖤~🏴‍☠️~🖤✨