• Sixteen •

_____

_____

Aurora POV

It was now the evening before Hongjoong would have to say goodbye for awhile. Honestly, I feel more accepting about being apart from him than before- Not saying that it's still not hard.

Today when I got home from flight training, I was surprised to discover Hongjoong's door locked. It's never locked. I try knocking on the door, but there is no answer.

Worriedly I turn back around to go to my bedroom, picking up my phone to text Hongjoong.

Aurora
Where are you? I am worried about you Hongjoong.

Hongjoong
Umm surprise 😅❤️

Hongjoong
Oh I worried you?

Aurora
Yes but it is okay

Aurora
I just got home and your door was locked

Hongjoong
Yes I am not there but soon

Hongjoong
You should rest in your room now

Hongjoong
Don't eat dinner

Hongjoong
Wait for me pleaseee ❤️❤️❤️

Aurora
Okay 😆💞

I clicked my phone off and got into my bed, pulling the sheets over me. I had no idea how exhausted I was until I rested on the mattress for a minute. Shortly after the realization, I fell asleep.

I wake back up to Hongjoong leaning over me, biting my cheek and then peppering it with kisses. He pulls back slightly as I began to squirm to consciousness.

"예쁘다 ~" He whispered breathlessly as I began to sit up against the headboard. I'm not sure what exactly he said, but I could have sworn that I saw his pupils dilate.

Letting out a giggle, which I never do what the heck, I give him a refreshed smile. "You're back." I finally spoke.

Hongjoong's arms tangle around my waist in a slightly awkward, but comfortable hug. "Mm. Ready to eat, baby?"

"Yes, what is for dinner?"

"Tonight...is Korean food!!" He revealed enthusiastically.

My eyebrows raise with a boost of excitement. "Oh?! You made it?"

"Yeah I make- made it. Did you try before?"

"No, this will be the first time! Let's go." I ruffle his fluffy strands of hair as I try to scoot out of bed.

*Time Skip*

"This is Kimchi fried rice." Hongjoong starts to fork up the dish's contents. "It has fermented cabbage, which Korea call 'Kimchi', fried egg, rice, oyster sauce, tuna..." Hongjoong approaches me with a mix of the ingredients on his fork, his free hand below catching any loose bits of food.

I eat the forkful that was placed into my mouth and chew thoughtfully. I nod my head at the foreign flavors and swallow. "That's really delicious! I can see myself eating more of it."

Hongjoong eyes smiles at my answer  and serves more of the fried rice into my personal bowl. "Then I will make it again sometime."

We move onto the next dish after cleaning our bowls to the last grain of rice and barely visible smears of sauce.

"Next is....Dakjjim!" Hongjoong exclaims before opening a pocket of disposable chopsticks and breaking the sticks apart, which takes me aback.

"Woah- You can just do that? Break the chopsticks in half?"

Hongjoong cheekily smirks at my amazement. "Yes," He holds out another pocket of chopsticks. "you want to try?"

I blow out my cheeks taking the chopsticks out of the sleeve. My hands grip either stick and pull a little before I quickly quit at the attempt. "I might break it wrong babe."

"You won't. Pull the sticks apart like you did, just harder." Hongjoong stared at me with hopeful, encouraging eyes. So I tried again, squeezing my eyes shut.

Snap!

Opening my eyes, I see that the chopsticks had been detached cleanly. "Oh! Better than me." Hongjoong commented eye smiling again. "Do you know how to use chopsticks?"

"Maybe how to hold them. I um...practiced one time with colored pencils..." I positioned the chopsticks in my hands the way I remembered from the time I watched tutorial videos and analyzed diagrams online.

Hongjoong laughs lightheartedly. "Cute~" He brings his chair closer to mine and adjusts my finger placements. "This way you can pick up food easier. Open and close them for me..." He now had a focused demeanor as he seemed to really want to teach me. I do as he says to his immediate approval. "Amazing~ Try some Dakjjim now."

I struggle at first to get a piece of the braised chicken into my mouth, but to me it was chopsticks as my dining utensil tonight or nothing, so I kept trying. Relaxing my tense finger, I try to pick up the piece of sweet-sauced chicken again and it enters my mouth with ease.

"와 잘했어 !!" Hongjoong claps and kisses my cheek. "Good job!! We can finish dinner now, right?"

My cheeks are burning at the sudden affection as I savor the bit of food in my mouth. I swallow and nod in agreement, feeling a new rush of confidence in me. "Of course we can~"

✨🖤~🏴‍☠️~🖤✨