Chapter 2

*2 month later*

Everett's POV:

"Wake up hun, you're starting school today." Mum called out, shaking my shoulder lightly as she shook me awake. After a month of getting used to calling them mum and dad, it leaves my lips more naturally and it seems to please them too. Well not like I can just run away in their son's body. I wonder if he's living in mine like I am in his.

Changing into my ironed and fresh set of uniform which feels uncomfortable like hell, I trudged down the stairs to find dad seated at the table reading his morning paper like usual as he sipped on his black coffee. "Here you go. Eat up, Fayne. I'll drop you off at school after you're done." Mum said sweetly as she placed a plate of hearty breakfast before me. Even after 1 month of her making breakfast for me, it still seems like a dream. To think that I finally get to eat home cooking after so long.

"Thanks Mum

"Thanks Mum." I beamed at her, earning a bright smile from her as she ruffled my hair tenderly before plating for herself and dad. Savouring the bacon and eggs, a groan of satisfaction left my throat as the hot juice of the bacon tingled my tastebuds, it's like euphoria. It's mouth-wateringly delicious.

Getting into the comfortable car with her after bidding dad goodbye, she handed me a 50 for the week, reminding me to tell her if I don't have enough to spend as according to her, boys metabolism is as fast as an incinerator. Sweet. 10 a day, more than enough. As she reached the front gates, I stared at the gigantic building in front of me as students scrambled in like rats, all already in their cliques. Well kudos to me. Let's just hope I'll fit in.

"I'll be here to pick you up after school. Take care and enjoy your day, hun." Mum chirped as she handed me my schedule and the school map. Hugging her lightly, I bid her farewell before jumping out of the car and taking in a deep breath of the stench of school. Yeah, stench. Sweaty hormonal boys, strong ass perfumes, stinky socks, vomit-worthy toilets and the list goes on and on. But first things first. Let's see if I can find out how 'I' fell off the roof. Seems like an interesting day ahead.

Swinging my backpack over my shoulders, I strolled along the hallways searching for my locker which looks like a vandalized piece of trash. Like literally. Faint paint splashes of red and black littered the metal door and what seems like dried up scraps of toilet paper clung onto it. I don't even want to touch it looking at the state it's in. Who knows how much bacteria have accumulated. I should really bring baking soda and vinegar tomorrow if I'm going to use it for long. Deciding to just leave the locker be, I turned only to find many pairs of eyes on me. What? I'm so hot that you can't keep your eyes off me? Wait. This body isn't even as hot as me. Ah forget it.

"How is he alive?"

"Why did he come back here?"

"Is he really suffering from amnesia?"

"How do you think he's going to react? Do you think it'll happen again?"

"He's the one who got pushed off the roof?"