Chapter 32

Everett's POV:

Bright light shines into the quiet room as the curtains fluttered with the light wind. Rubbing the haze out of my eyes, I sat up gently as my head slightly throbbed in pain.  It didn't take me long to realize where I was. I've been in this room countless times after all.

"Ev..." A soft groan sounded as I chuckled a little, knowing who the voice belongs to. Turning my head to face him, I took a double-take, scarred by the strange woman beside my bed. Who the hell is that? Norman's ex? But then why will she be taking care of me? 

Hesitantly, like approaching a scary bitch, I poked the woman's...broad shoulder??? "Hellooo? You dead?" I mean normally people will ask if they're alive but if this is Norman's ex, I rather her be dead. I doubt he minds too.

Stirring awake, the person let out a...deep groan??? Scratching her head in confusion, she stretched her...gorilla sized arms??? Which wrestler or cross dresser did Norman date in the past? Her make-up well...lipstick redder than a baboon's butt was smudged against the sheets and over her face, making her look like a clown. Gosh, what did I do to her?

"Miss?" I asked again in slight concern. Snapping her head around swiftly, her long blonde hair slapping me in the face, no thank you for that, she stared at me for a moment or two before pouncing at me, wrapping her gorilla sized arms around me. "T-Tap out tap out!I'm going to die!" I struggled against her crazy arm strength, successfully pushing her off me. Geez, what is Norman thinking asking this woman over?

"Are you alright? Does your head hurt? I'll go grab you some painkillers, wait for me." She blurt out quickly in...what sounded like Norman's voice before turning and making a dash towards the door. As if not feeling her hair getting out of place and falling onto the ground like a bright yellow jellyfish, she disappeared from the room within record time...

I must be still dreaming...what kind of alternate word did I get thrown into this time? 

Before I got even the time to wrap the situation I'm in around my head, the weird woman ran back in looking like a mess as she handed me a glass of water and a pill. "Take it Everett. If you feel anything off then tell me okay? I'll bring you to the ho-" She fussed in her manly voice. Wait...Everett? Did she just call me Everett? The one who only knows that is...

"Norman?" I asked hesitantly as the person eyes lit up. Good lord, what the hell? Why is he even dressed like that? Well, at least only his upper upper part.

"Yes? Anything wrong?" She- I mean he asked worriedly as he took a seat beside me, scanning my face seriously, though he doesn't look serious and all with that...face of his...

"Well not with me but...maybe you'll want to take a look at the mirror..." I trailed off with a cough, covering up the laugh that escaped my lips. Looking at me puzzledly, he strolled off to his bathroom only to let out an inhumane scream. Exactly my reaction. 

"I'm so sorry Ev! Give me a second!" He called out in a panicked voice as a rush of water could be heard.   

"Don't come out until you're squeaky clean!" I hollered back before hopping out of bed and towards his wardrobe before picking out a clean towel for him. Why does it feel like he's the one injured and has to be taken care of? Oh wells.

Throwing the bathroom door open, I stepped in just as he turned off the tap. A short snicker left my lips as I led him over to sit on the corner of the bathtub where he trailed along like a drenched puppy. Cute. "Don't move." I ordered, throwing the towel at his face before slowly helping him to wipe his face up clean and dry. Now there's my handsome boy. 

"Everett?" He called out softly as I hummed in reply. Large hands trailed up my waist before wrapping around my waist tight as he pulled me close to him, burying his face against my stomach before releasing a loud sigh of relief. A baby as usual...

Patting his head lightly, soft whines could be heard as I held back a laugh. "Why?" I asked, only to feel his arms tighten around my waist as he stayed silent. Aish... "I'm here, I'm here. I'm not leaving this time okay?" I consoled, stroking his broad shoulders tenderly, kneeling down before him upon feeling his grip loosen slightly. Looking into his eyes, tears sprung up in his as he held them back, trying not to break down on the spot.

"I thought I'll lose you again...my heart couldn't take it. I was so so scared. I kept wondering what if you woke up as someone else. I thought I was going to lose you again." He whimpered, burying his head into my shoulders as I wrapped my arms around his much bigger frame, consoling him with soft whispers. 

Guiding his head lower against my chest, I placed his ear against it before hugging his head tight. "Can you hear my heart?" I asked softly as he nodded slightly, tears rolling down his cheeks, making wet patches on certain spots. "Then I'm here. I won't leave you that easily okay?" He could only nod once more. To be honest, I doubt words can even explain what he's feeling inside. "Let's go back into the room. I got something for you-well if it's not dirty."

Pulling him back into the room, I spotted my bag which was placed by the side of the bed along with a plastic bag as I fast-stepped towards it. Thank goodness it's not lost. Digging around the bag, I popped out 4 keychains from it, handing one over to Norman as he stared at it confused.

 Digging around the bag, I popped out 4 keychains from it, handing one over to Norman as he stared at it confused

Eyeing it with slight awe, he pressed the soft keychain against his cheek as a small smile appeared on his face. "Elephant?" 

"It's Dumbo. If you don't want then give it back-" I huffed, reaching out to grab it. I knew it was too cute for someone like him. Before I could even land a touch on it, he jerked back quickly, hugging the little blue elephant like it was his lifeline. Well, glad that he likes it then.

"Which is yours?" He asked interestedly as I held up the cute yellow bear. "Pooh? Cute." Oh look there, he actually knows his disney characters. "How about the other 2?" He questioned, pointing towards the mickey and minnie ones.

"Oh that's for Ally and her brother." I answered as he stared at me with a confused look. Oh wait. He doesn't know her name. "The girl who asked me on a date." I explained further as he nodded in understanding. I saw her looking at the minnie one in the bookstore and knowing her situation, I thought it would be nice to buy her a gift and for her brother too.

Putting the two keychains back into the bag, with the exercise book inside, I placed them back into my bag, making a mental reminder to pass the things to Ally tomorrow. She's a very nice girl-speaking about girl...

"How's Emma and Ally? What happened afterwards?" I can't believe I almost forgot about them.

"Well...it's a long story."

"I have all the time in the world. Oh, explain your horrible cross-dressing too."

"Yes boss..."