Chapter 10

Norman's POV:

"Here! Food delivery!" The blonde-haired boy announced loudly with a wide smile as he handed me a disposable bag of rice, egg and sardine squashed together. Ever since a week ago after the storm, he's been popping over every day with food. Usually, he'll be sitting at the swings with his bunny... I wish I could sit at the swings too but mummy doesn't allow me to leave here...

"Thank you," I whispered as I cautiously accepted the food from him. As I ate slowly, his eyes never left my face as his nose wrinkled slightly, making me feel a little conscious of myself. Do I smell bad? I've not bathed for quite a few weeks already...what if he thinks I stink and not want to come back again? "S-Sorry..." I apologised meekly as he stared at me in confusion.

"Why? You didn't do anything wrong." He asked in confusion as I rolled up the empty bag which was once filled with food.

"You must be thinking that I'm smelly right..." I whispered out as he stared at me horrified. Seems like I've guessed it... he's not going to come back-

"What?! No no! Not at all! I was just thinking how to get you out of there! Promise!" He exclaimed suddenly, scaring me for a moment as I stared up at him with tear-filled eyes. He's not gonna leave me? He's gonna help me out of here?

"Can we go to the swings?" I asked eagerly as he nodded enthusiastically.

"Of course! Once I break you out of here, I'm gonna push you on the swings! It'll be fun! We can go on the slides too!" He exclaimed excitedly as his hands flew around in the air, showing all the dramatic actions as his eyes sparkled. I can't wait!

"Promise?" I stuck out my pinky through the rusty cage as he grinned widely before wrapping his pinky around mine.

"Of course. It's a promise." He beamed as he stuffed his bunny through the cage and into my lap. "Here. It's yours. You can return it to me after I fulfil our promise."

"Really? Thank you!" I gasped in surprise as I reached out to hug him only to fall back onto my butt in disappointment upon realising that it was impossible. "I'll give you a hug when you get me out! It's a promise too!" I huffed out, pouting in discontent as he chuckled lightly.

"Of course. Anyways, what's your name?"

"My name?" I thought about it for a moment only to realise that mom didn't give me a name. "I don't have a name..." I whimpered out, tears welling back up in my eyes as he looked around frantically.

"Shhh! Don't cry! It's alright to not have a name! I'll give you one!" He quickly consoled, my whimpers dying down as I hugged the bunny tightly. It's soft...

"How about...Robert?" He suggested hesitantly as I cringed a little at the name. Sounds weird...

"Err... Harry?" I shook my head again.

"Tom? Dick? John? Bob?" He sighed loudly when I shook my head at all of them. I can't imagine myself being called those...

"How about something normal?" I suggested hesitantly, afraid that he's going to be mad at me for being fussy but instead, a 'hmmm' left his lips as he pondered for a while. His eyebrows furrowed as his lips pursed together as he thought hard before chuckling hesitantly.

"Errr.... Norman? You know, normal so normal man so Norman?" He scratched the back of his head in embarrassment as he awaited my response.

Norman...Norman...sound nice!

"I like it!" I answered truthfully.

"Finally!" He groaned loudly before opening and closing his mouth at me with a guilty look on his face. I knew it. He was mad... "I-I mean! That's great! Yay!" He sputtered, waving his hands in front of him quickly with worry written on his face. Playing along, I nodded quickly, giving him a wide smile as he sighed in relief. "Anyways," He started as he stood up to dust his pants. "I've got to go. I'll come back again tomorrow okay? Oh and nice to know you, Norman. I'm - - - . Ok, see you tomorrow!" He rambled quickly before dashing off.

Staring down at the bunny in my hands, I smiled slightly at it before giving it a kiss on the nose and snuggling with it. I'll call you Evie (Eh-vie).

Waking up in a cold sweat to a large empty room, tears rolled down my face as I clenched my chest in pain. It hurts. If only I stayed behind. Why did I leave? Why? I could have protected him. I could have saved him. I could have prevented his death.

Taking the bunny which has been repaired many times before from my side table, I hugged it closely, hoping that it'll make me feel closer to him, even though he's already no longer here. I miss you... Everett.