Chapter 21

No One's POV:

"Kitten please, let me explain. It's not what you think." The black-haired beauty pleaded as he wrapped his fingers around his lover's slender wrists. The sight of his lover's eyes glimmering with watery tears made him felt as if whole world was about to crumble if he didn't fix it right immediately.

"Not what I think? Beau, you kissed him right in front of me!" The smaller male cried out with flushed cheeks, tears flowing freely down the sides of his cheeks as he wiped them away quickly. Hesitantly, Beau took a step forward, arms reaching out desperately for his loved one to come back into his arms. He didn't expect that his lover will be there when it happened. He made sure that he wasn't near him at all cost.

"I didn't know you were there! Please kitten, just let me explain. Please, baby. I can't lose you. I love you. I really do. I can't live without you baby." Beau pleaded for forgiveness only for his lover to take a step back further, shaking his head as more tears ran freely.

"She was right. I should have listened to her. I was blind and I think I still am. No matter how much I hate you for cheating on me, I still love you! I can't..." He whimpered, clenching his hands into a fist as he stared at his boyfriend with a hurtful gaze yet deep down in his heart, he knew he's fallen too deep for him.

"Baby, listen to me. It was all for show. That was the only way I could stop her from bugging me further. I don't like him. You know it." Every word said was sincere, both parties knew it. Because it was sincere that's why it hurts so much for them.  Taking another step closer, Beau cornered his boyfriend against the railing as he leaned against him. Before he even got that chance to even do anything, he was shoved back hard. The last thing he remembered was seeing gaping hole left behind by a missing railing.

"Fayne!"

~ Flashback end ~

Beau woke up with a gasp. Cold sweat ran down his face and back as he stared down at his shaky hands. His heart hammered against his chest as he took long deep breaths in hopes to calm down from the nightmare. The nightmare which haunted him for months. Picking up his phone to check the time, the photo of him and Fayne holding hands at the beach appeared with the swipe of his finger, the time above reading 4:57am.

Instead of going back to sleep which he knew he won't be able to, Beau decided to have a early breakfast. Preparing a simple waffle batter, he poured it into the waffle machine before slicing up some strawberries, thick slices like how Fayne had liked it. A small smile appeared as fast as it have left his face. A sour feeling spread around in his chest as he tried to ignore the feeling.

He thought back to the week when Fayne first woke after the long coma. To say that he was excited is really an understatement. He was so glad and relieved that upon receiving the news, he ran to the hospital with his own 2 feet as the chance of flagging a taxi at 3am was close to none. 

Being the first visitor to arrive, he barged in with a bright stupid smile only for it to get wiped off when he realized that Fayne was staring at him like he was some stranger. He barely even looked at him for a minute before going back to sleep, as if he was invisible or something. He struggled to find the correct words to say but nothing came out. It almost felt like he had swallowed a thousand needles and they're preventing him from speaking up. 

Instead he reached forward, shifting Fayne's overgrown fringe away lightly before placing a light feathery kiss on his forehead. Tears finally flowed down his cheeks for the first time after the accident happened. Not from sadness but from relief. Relief that Fayne was alive and not dead even if he couldn't even remember him. It was more than enough for Beau at that moment.

"Beau, your waffles are burning." A gruff voice sounded from behind, snapping the teen out of his daze as he rushed to save his breakfast. "Ewww... strawberries. I want lots of maple syrup and butter and icing sugar."

"No." was all that Beau said before distributing the waffles onto 2 plates, stacking the waffles up like a tower before passing a plate to his dad. "You want your blood sugar levels to spike up again or what? The doctor told you to cut down on your sugars already."

"Ain't strawberries and whipped cream sweet too?" His dad huffed like a kid throwing tantrum, making Beau roll his eyes at his father's childish antics

"Ain't strawberries and whipped cream sweet too?" His dad huffed like a kid throwing tantrum, making Beau roll his eyes at his father's childish antics. He can't stand how his dad tries to annoy him on a daily basis, even at like 5:30 in the morning. He ain't even awake enough to deal with it.

"Fine. I'll scrape them off then." Hearing that, hands swiftly wrapped around the plate of waffles protectively as eyes glared up at the dangerous person who's threatening to strip him away from his sugary treat.

Not wanting to deal with anymore nonsense, he scarfed down his food in record time before leaving for the first day of school after the long school break. Upon reaching the school gates, his hard gaze softened into kind ones as he spotted the back of the one he loved, only for a scowl to form on his face when he saw Norman walking towards him. With a snarl, he stomped past them, his mood taking a 360 degree turn as he got ready for another shitty day at school.

So what are your thoughts of Beau now?

Yes, Imma spend my time quarantined at home to update. Finally found time to update after so long.